ego one clr coils questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
2 weeks ago, I would have told you to get the CLR coils. But after two weeks of CLR coils leaking all over me, I'd have to say don't. They are a flawed design. Liquid eventually drips down into the air hole in the coil, and out all over your mod and clothes and hands. I'm fed up with them. I was so psyched about them, but there simply isn't anything stopping leaks from happening. I've gone through many coils, trying different amounts of cotton, in different ego one tanks, and with thinner and thicker juices... it's just the wick design - the wick goes in a hole and through the coil, but there is simply too much space inside to stop liquid from dripping where it wants to go. I never had this problem with regular ego one coils.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
2 weeks ago, I would have told you to get the CLR coils. But after two weeks of CLR coils leaking all over me, I'd have to say don't. They are a flawed design. Liquid eventually drips down into the air hole in the coil, and out all over your mod and clothes and hands. I'm fed up with them. I was so psyched about them, but there simply isn't anything stopping leaks from happening. I've gone through many coils, trying different amounts of cotton, in different ego one tanks, and with thinner and thicker juices... it's just the wick design - the wick goes in a hole and through the coil, but there is simply too much space inside to stop liquid from dripping where it wants to go. I never had this problem with regular ego one coils.
Strange, I've not had this problem, I simple screw it down more which controls the juice flow...

Gowanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
I have mine screwed all the way down, and have even tried screwing the bottom ring (which is actually the one for juice control) up a bit, with no luck. I just ordered some temperature control coils and an istick 40w, so I'll see if maybe the clr coils are a thing of the past... since the only reason I really wanted the clr was for rewicking after burning a cotton. With TC, in theory there will be no more burned cotton, and no more leaking. I hope.

I also got a Velocity RDA, so if this thing keeps leaking, maybe I'll just use my new toy instead.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I have mine screwed all the way down, and have even tried screwing the bottom ring (which is actually the one for juice control) up a bit, with no luck. I just ordered some temperature control coils and an istick 40w, so I'll see if maybe the clr coils are a thing of the past... since the only reason I really wanted the clr was for rewicking after burning a cotton. With TC, in theory there will be no more burned cotton, and no more leaking. I hope.

I also got a Velocity RDA, so if this thing keeps leaking, maybe I'll just use my new toy instead.
Off topic but I put a black subtank mini, black tinted glass and black o rings on my ego one mega battery, wow, it is awesome, if you want a pic, let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread