New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Yes! I need to add the volume to existing Nicotine24 as well as cost, while subtracting the base ingredients from inventory (nic/pg/vg)
I have made the changes and it will be available in the next version that I post. Also, when adding the diluted nicotine to an existing nicotine entry several values will be re-calculated in the existing nicotine entry. The resulting nicotine level, PG/VG level, cost/ml and grams/ml will be adjusted as well as the inventory amount.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 6.0.0.4 is available for download and includes two changes:

1. Added the ability to add the diluted nicotine volume to an existing nicotine ingredient when saving in the "Tools->Dilute Nicotine" window. When the "Save" button is clicked, if the "new name" already exists you will be prompted to see if you want to merge the diluted nicotine volume to the existing ingredient. Note: After combining the diluted nicotine with an existing nicotine ingredient, nicotine levels, PG/VG levels, cost and grams/ml will be calculated to adjust for the combined volumes.

2. On the shopping list window I added a print button that will allow you to generate a printout of the items in your shopping list.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Wow that was fast! I have one more feature request...could you please make the print label feature print out winning lottery tickets?

Seriously though, thank you very much.
Lol, that option is already built in. You just need to know the secret keystrokes to have it display so that you can click it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JimScotty0

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
One small request: please add a standard minimize button on the title bar for minimizing the application to the Windows taskbar. Thanks.
Look at the "Tools->Show minimize/maximize buttons". This will toggle between minimize/maximize and "show help button".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
I just found this and im in love, going to make my life so much easier thanks for the hard work!

Now my request :p.
In the modify existing recipe section, add a "remove X drops from mix" field. And a "update" button to set changes you made as a new starting point for adjustments (so you do have to save-as 20 times).

Reason/Example:
Making a new recipe, or tweeking a old one, i make 5ml of the juice, then i vape 10 drops, decide i needs more strawberry so i up the flavor %. but now my 5ml is actually 4.5ml. If i add the amounts shown, ive accually got too much strawberry in the mix throwing everything off.

With the 2 changes i could make my mix, vape, remove 10 drops from the mix. Then increase the flavor i want, add items to mix. vape, hit update, remove drops, tweek again.

Tutor

Feb 19, 2011
Misery (Missouri)
Is there a way to create my own flavors i.e. I make a base flavor of say pineapple of 10 ml, apple at 12 ml, and cherry at 12 ml and call it Flavor A... I know I can make up a ingredient called flavor A and put it on the ingredient list. but would like to have a way that I could make it up basically like you would do it now for a standard recipe, then use that flavor A as an ingredient and add the nic/vg/pg if you see what I mean.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Is there a way to create my own flavors i.e. I make a base flavor of say pineapple of 10 ml, apple at 12 ml, and cherry at 12 ml and call it Flavor A... I know I can make up a ingredient called flavor A and put it on the ingredient list. but would like to have a way that I could make it up basically like you would do it now for a standard recipe, then use that flavor A as an ingredient and add the nic/vg/pg if you see what I mean.

You are wanting to treat it as if it was any other flavoring that you would buy?

Tutor

Feb 19, 2011
Misery (Missouri)
You are wanting to treat it as if it was any other flavoring that you would buy?
Yes, but I would like a way of knowing what the ingredients are if for some reason I did wish to make adjustments to it, I guess it would be like adding one recipe (the various ingredients for Flavor A) into a simple vg/pg/nic recipe. The other option is just keeping it as a standard recipe with the various separate ingredients listed out. This would allow me to do simple adjustments for different vg/pg/nic strengths with a premixed flavor (of my design) where I could have the flavor already mixed up.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
So, have a recipe that is all flavoring, be able to make adjustments to it. Call it Flavor A.
Have another recipe that calls for Flavor A that you can then adjust PG/VG/nic to tailor per person?

I do that, 2 separate recipes. I make my own NET's and have variations with other flavorings that I mix into concentrates. I use these concentrates in other recipes. But I may be completely misunderstanding your idea. If I am, please let me know.

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
Another suggestion. It seems when we hit save, the .xml is deleted and re-created with the new info. Would it be possible to either append, or empty the contents instead of deleteing?

I use linked files and dropbox to sync between 2 computers, but the link gets broken each time as the file is deleted not updated.

If the file isnt deleted, ill go hit my computer for being stupid lol!
Love the program btw, so so much better then the excel sheet ive been using for 8 years, lol.

Reactions: penguiness
Tutor
I have done as Penguin has stated. Made a category called Flavor bases and another called made from flavor base. That way for any recipe that I use a base for I actually have 3 recipes. One for the original one for the base itself and one for the recipe made from base. Then add a flavor to the ingredients list EG: Lemon pie base. Definately sounds alot more complicated than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread