Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
Mostly, I just shrug.

:closedeyes:

Same...

I've retold basicly the same story to so many randoms so i lost count. I guess that's mostly due where i live i'm basicly a solo vaper. There's about 4-6 in my town that i've seen. And those used cig-alikes...

So basicly always when i'm downtown atleast 1 will come forward and ask me bunch of silly questions due what they read in the news...
Thankfully most of them tend to actually understand or believe what i'm telling them, so i'm not to bothered. Except the fact that it happens so often...

Reactions: khalidmna

TheDaughterOfTyr

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
BC, Canada
I've always been a reasonably patient person but my tolerance for idiocy is quite low.
So it really depends on the comment... Usually I remain polite despite the ridiculousness of what people say and just tell them I did as much research as I could before trying personal vaporizers and that considering what my cigarette habit was previously that this is most certainly harm reduction.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I haven't been vaping for that long, about 4-5 months i think, and i am completely out of patience for explaining or justifying vaping. From comments like "that's worse than cigarettes" to "why are you inhaling electrons", at first i was patient to try and explain what vaping is and convince people how wrong they are, but now.. my response is mostly "good thing you don't have to do it".
I would still gladly help anyone interested in vaping or learning about it, but these side comments from people i barely know are getting really old and annoying.
Do you still have the patience to explain and convince people? And by people i don't mean close friends, i mean Jerry from accounting and other let's say acquaintances.

Nope. I make it a point to totally ignore the ignorant. ;) If someone really wants to know, I'll help 'em anyway I can. But life's too short to waste it on idiots.

Andria

khalidmna

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Liverpool, UK
I haven't been vaping for that long, about 4-5 months i think, and i am completely out of patience for explaining or justifying vaping. From comments like "that's worse than cigarettes" to "why are you inhaling electrons", at first i was patient to try and explain what vaping is and convince people how wrong they are, but now.. my response is mostly "good thing you don't have to do it".
I would still gladly help anyone interested in vaping or learning about it, but these side comments from people i barely know are getting really old and annoying.
Do you still have the patience to explain and convince people? And by people i don't mean close friends, i mean Jerry from accounting and other let's say acquaintances.

Get this all the time from friends, "I thought you quit smoking..." followed by my usual, "but it's not smoking". I don't bother anymore either. Sod em if they can't be arsed to listen.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
You think that "inhaling electrons" is bad This lady at work last night seriously tried telling me you are inhaling batteries............... im dead serious.....i looked at her and said "Inhaling batteries?? What are you talking about" she said well look at whats poweing that thing a battery, you are inhaling batteries"...... I ended the convo there

:w00t::lol::lol: Hilarious!!! Still laughing about this and probably will be throughout the day tomorrow. I think I might use that line, see if I can get the nay Sayers to start saying this. Haven't you heard? "Them vapers inhalin' batteries!":lol: I can't stop giggling over this. Thanks for the laugh before bed Nivek.

Reactions: Nivek13

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I haven't been vaping as long as a lot of people on this site, but I have simply lost my patience when it comes to comments like that. It doesn't matter what you say, "they heard" or "they read" and that makes them the experts. Not me, who actually researched vaping before I started. :-x

Quite funny isn't it? It's always the non-vapers who are the "experts" :w00t::facepalm:

Reactions: GreenEyezGirl

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
They are idiots regurgititating the anti-vaping propaganda spread by BT. They don't even know they are idiots, which is not uncommon with idiots. They just glommed onto a popular opinion against something, and they need something to be against that they can criticize others for, because they are very unhappy people to start with. It's so very hard to be happy when you are an idiot. Life does not go well for them, they can't even come up with their own opinions, they have to poach them from other negative idiots, which is how they got their stupid ideas about vaping. You can quite safely ignore these idiots.

I don't care,it doesn't bother me at all actually. But every time someone says something now I laugh bc a few months ago I was with my aunt & cousin,my cousin & I were both vaping & some goofy looking hipster came up & pointed out that we were "inhaling chemicals,do you have any idea what's in that stuff? It's so bad for you." My aunt (who's a dr) pointed to the large bottle of diet coke in his hand and said "And you're drinking chemicals,do you have any idea what's in that?" and then went into a very detailed description of all the chemicals in sodas & why they're so bad for you/health risks/etc. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread