Status
Not open for further replies.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi friends, lately I've sort of felt like a assembly line robot. I make all the juice for my husband and I to vape. I also make all the coils, do all the wicking, and filling of our rbas. What makes me loose my patients is I'm about to just hurry and quickly rewick my rba and hubby sees me walk over to the building table and every single time, he needs something done. I can't just quickly wick a tank or refill it without being asked to do something else. I actually have a callus on my thumb from the kanthal!! I'm not joking..he likes to take two full rbas to work every morning so here I am at 4am, (he works early) building , wicking, juice making just to get him squared away. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind helping at all. But, every time I go to work on my tank I've got to do something else..he's tried to learn but he just can't seem to get it..so I don't mind helping just some time it is a bit much. Am I awful for loosing patience??:(

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
same here with the 8+ friends i help quit... none of them will buy coils, so im stuck rebuilding them ALL THE TIME. same with juice.... no one buys it... waits till i make a huge 480ml bottle and then they mooch for some....

its very frustrating - and at some point THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO LEARN! - what would happen if i dissapear? - no juice no coils - no vape!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi friends, lately I've sort of felt like a assembly line robot. I make all the juice for my husband and I to vape. I also make all the coils, do all the wicking, and filling of our rbas. What makes me loose my patients is I'm about to just hurry and quickly rewick my rba and hubby sees me walk over to the building table and every single time, he needs something done. I can't just quickly wick a tank or refill it without being asked to do something else. I actually have a callus on my thumb from the kanthal!! I'm not joking..he likes to take two full rbas to work every morning so here I am at 4am, (he works early) building , wicking, juice making just to get him squared away. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind helping at all. But, every time I go to work on my tank I've got to do something else..he's tried to learn but he just can't seem to get it..so I don't mind helping just some time it is a bit much. Am I awful for loosing patience??:(

Honestly, that would frustrate me too.

IMO you have two possible solutions. The first is to organize things better so your hubby has gear he can take when he leaves that's already set up. That probably means you need to buy a couple more RBAs that you can maintain when it's convenient for you. Getting hubby to help by say putting his devices that need maintenance on the worktable ahead of time is good too.

The second is to push hubby a bit to learn how to do some of this stuff for himself. Wicking a RBA is not hard. Refilling a RBA at work is not hard. In the end if you always do it for him he will never get good at it. What would he do if you had to spend a couple of days in the hospital?

Maybe do a bit of both?

Good luck with it :thumb:

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA

I don't have an answer for you, mostly because I live alone and my pets don't vape. But I did want to ask if you had a sister - or perhaps a clone, lol?

Honestly, I see three options.

First option, get him to practice until he gets good at it. Turn it into game night, but with vapes!
Second option, find something that he can take care of himself.
Third option, keep going the way you are.

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he can eat for a lifetime... ;)

I know you said he has tried to learn but keep at it, he will get it in the end. :)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the night - set him on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life. :D

Luckily my local B&M offers re-wick services and wrapping services for little to nothing $ wise (cost of wire). So I have not found myself having to do much for friends. But I constantly try to push my friends to stop sucking on the teat of this service and learn to wrap and re-wick on their own.

Not exactly same as your situation, though when I learned to do all the above on my own with the help of the employees there, youtube videos, etc, I ended up feeling more self sufficient (because I was), and actually happier I did not have to rely on other people.

Double edged sword though- while I know how to do everything myself for the most part, sometimes I drop in the B&M for a fancy wrap or a simple cotton change because I am too exhausted after a long work day. :blush:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day...

... and chances are he'll be back tomorrow for another one!
toothy.gif

realsis,

Just be thankful he's vaping.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Well, thanks friends for the help. He has tried a lot, he's just, well not very good at it. He says I'm fast and it takes him a long time. His hands are larger and it's harder for him I guess..I don't know it's just some times I get a bit over whelmed. Maybe I should be a bit more patient... on the other hand no one taught me, I learned the hard way , trial and error and you tube. ...lol...I for the most part don't mind unless he starts complaining...then I get a bit ruffled. I guess I better learn to manage my time better... thanks for letting me vent a little.

M3CH M0D M4DN355

Aug 21, 2014
UK
Well, thanks friends for the help. He has tried a lot, he's just, well not very good at it. He says I'm fast and it takes him a long time. His hands are larger and it's harder for him I guess..I don't know it's just some times I get a bit over whelmed. Maybe I should be a bit more patient... on the other hand no one taught me, I learned the hard way , trial and error and you tube. ...lol...I for the most part don't mind unless he starts complaining...then I get a bit ruffled. I guess I better learn to manage my time better... thanks for letting me vent a little.

What about if you build the coils the other half can make the juice? If you have your recipe written on a piece of paper you cant go wrong.

Big hands my be a valid argument for having difficulty wrapping coils but not for mixing up some tasty DIY juice. :)

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona

I suspect he just can't figure out the clothes washer or the vacuum cleaner either. It's a deficiency (read ploy) in the male gene. :D

Your ol' man probably won't be my friend after this, but I have pretty big hands as well and that has not stopped me from tinkering with my devices or wrapping my own coils.

And you probably won't be my friend after this, but I think he is just lazy. (I am a working person in the construction industry myself, not sure what he does; though I work ~50hrs a week at a pretty physically intense job and still have found time to learn and perfect coil wrapping to my standards). Though as I said in previous post, I do get lazy occasionally and have my B&M do a wrap or a cotton change once in a while when I am just too exhausted.

:2c:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I finally got my wife vaping nothing but kayfuns. She doesn't build either. So now she has 3 of them to use.

I'd rather re-wick a kayfun for her once or twice a week then go back to rebuilding protank coils.

I actually drilled out and rebuilt all three of them today with 26ga coils so they'll last and be easy to clean and rewick. I've tried to teach her how to wick them, but I just get a smile and "It just tastes better when you do it".

Uh huh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread