FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Hello Everyone :)

:offtopic:I need to rant for a second :pop:

I got Verizon for my cell phone provider. And they got their version of the Apple iCloud called Verizon cloud :facepalm:

First of all I understand that the cloud has to have access to things like contacts and phone logs to back them up.
But why does it have to be able to modify phone state and directly call phone numbers.
I know it can prevent my phone from sleeping so it can back it up, but that is different from modify phone state.
It can also view network connections and receive data from Internet, they not only can track what I am looking at, but they can track my location with this.
It can Read, Edit, & Receive your text messages (SMS) and your MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service)
It also can Send SMS text messages.

Now all that might be necessary for a back up but yesterday they came out with an Update.
Here are the two things they added,
Access to Camera to take Pictures and Video :blink:

They also got rid of the Video folder and put the videos in with your pictures to make it even harder to find a pic or vid.
I'm guessing they did this to give people something to complain about and take their minds off the fact they just gave some complete stranger access to watch and record them :facepalm:
I wouldn't be surprised if they undo this and separate the pics and vids in the next update.

Access to Camera to take Pictures and Video
golly.gif

Is it just me
crazy1.gif
or does anyone else think this just ain't right
ask.gif

Reactions: ItTechy

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I got rid of my iphone and got a dumb phone. Calls and text only. It's a phone that I can pull the battery off in two seconds ;) I'm on the internet way too much, probably should change my ways, but then again, I'm not doing anything wrong. I have an ipod and my wifes old ipad, neither have been enabled to "the cloud" . I view the cloud as a fishbowl that you put your stuff in so any big nose beurocrap can dig through it any time they want.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Have you needed to replace one?
No.

I was told not to worry about it to much, that the red ones are quite durable. Also, the red ones are fairly brittle and tend to break when trying to stretch them over the pin but if you ever need one, here you go.

Bottom line: I'm not going to mess with it. I tend to be .... about having spares just in case. I would hate to have to send it in over a tiny o ring but will if something happens before warranty expires. After warranty expires, I'm good until I die.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012

I got Verizon for my cell phone provider. And they got their version of the Apple iCloud called Verizon cloud :facepalm:

First of all I understand that the cloud has to have access to things like contacts and phone logs to back them up.
But why does it have to be able to modify phone state and directly call phone numbers.
I know it can prevent my phone from sleeping so it can back it up, but that is different from modify phone state.
It can also view network connections and receive data from Internet, they not only can track what I am looking at, but they can track my location with this.
It can Read, Edit, & Receive your text messages (SMS) and your MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service)

Now all that might be necessary for a back up but yesterday they came out with an Update.

They also got rid of the Video folder and put the videos in with your pictures to make it even harder to find a pic or vid.
I'm guessing they did this to give people something to complain about and take their minds off the fact they just gave some complete stranger access to watch and record them :facepalm:
I wouldn't be surprised if they undo this and separate the pics and vids in the next update.

golly.gif

Is it just me
crazy1.gif
ask.gif
Ain't right. I only turn my cell on when I'm going to use it.

Reactions: FringeChief68

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Been too busy to keep up (yeah some of us really do have to work, at times anyways)....

But has anyone tried the new Aspire coils made out of 316L Stainless Steel wire?

Will it work in temp mode seeing as it is NOT resistance wire?

Cheers to all and hope to be back at my mindless posting in a day or so..LOL :thumb:

:toast:

:vapor:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion

golly.gif

Is it just me
crazy1.gif
ask.gif

No it's not you, it's part of the systems desire to make us dependent on some other service!

I like Enaud' post! By a flip phone, it's supposed to be a phone, not a handheld PC ! I'm guilty too, I have a S6 Edge! :facepalm:

Reactions: FringeChief68

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
No.

I was told not to worry about it to much, that the red ones are quite durable. Also, the red ones are fairly brittle and tend to break when trying to stretch them over the pin but if you ever need one, here you go.

Bottom line: I'm not going to mess with it. I tend to be .... about having spares just in case. I would hate to have to send it in over a tiny o ring but will if something happens before warranty expires. After warranty expires, I'm good until I die.

I only asked out of curiosity, and I was wondering if the red ring under the pin was in fact an o-ring, or if it was just the exposed part of a more complex grommet which goes through the top cap and insulates the pin from the topcap.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
DSC00470.JPG
That would be nice.
Steve, I think we are talking about two different things. The o rings in question are (is) the red one that is around the top firing pin on the P3 where the contact pin of selected atomizer connects with P3.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I only asked out of curiosity, and I was wondering if the red ring under the pin was in fact an o-ring, or if it was just the exposed part of a more complex grommet which goes through the top cap and insulates the pin from the topcap.
Apparently it's a o ring.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
View attachment 476044
Steve, I think we are talking about two different things. The o rings in question are (is) the red one that is around the top firing pin on the P3 where the contact pin of selected atomizer connects with P3.

Oh, I thought it was the firing button. I don't think the floating pin is something I would try to repair, but I wouldn't try to repair a ProVari in any case.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Oh, I thought it was the firing button. I don't think the floating pin is something I would try to repair, but I wouldn't try to repair a ProVari in any case.
:thumbs:

I thought I read the firing pin was rated for 5 million presses but I'm not sure enough to say I'm right. You very well could be correct. :)

Edit: Actually you are right. Going back and reading your post, you typed, "a million or more". lol

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
:thumbs:

I thought I read the firing pin was rated for 5 million presses but I'm not sure enough to say I'm right. You very well could be correct. :)

Maybe it was 5 million. It's been a while. Some people complained a while ago because the button wasn't clicky like in China mods at the time. An explanation of why ProVape went with the button mechanism they use ensued...

Reactions: coldgin96

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Maybe it was 5 million. It's been a while. Some people complained a while ago because the button wasn't clicky like in China mods at the time. An explanation of why ProVape went with the button mechanism they use ensued...
Yeah, well whatever it was (is), I remember it being such a astronomical number, I wasn't worried about reaching it.

Reactions: stevegmu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread