what should I do? And how should I do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Where do you find that you're spending money? Having a place to start will definitely help.

In general, you'll want to cut down the expenses of "consumables" which mainly are e-liquid and atomizer heads/coils. For e-liquid, there are a number of vendors that offer very reasonably priced liquids, or you can go full cheap and do DIY which has some up front investment costs, but most people end up spending less than $0.15/ml. For atomizer heads, if you're ready, get something that is "rebuildable" meaning you wrap your own coils and put in your own wick. Wire and wick are very cheap.

And, Welcome to ECF!

Reactions: glointhedark

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Do not collect gear. Just get one single RDA, a single mod, one spool of kanthal, one bag of cotton, one set of basic tools. Make your own juice and do not purchase premium e-juices.

I don't actually do any of the things that I mentioned as saving money was never a goal for me. This is how other savers are able to do it, though.

Reactions: Lessifer

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
It depends on what you have now, and what you are trying to get out of vaping.

My daughter and I quit smoking, cold turkey, around 9 years ago. We could not afford for both of us to continue smoking, and neither of us wanted to be the one to continue smoking and tempt the other. Around 3 years ago, we found out that for my daughter to complete her graduate school studies for her Doctorate in Audiology and get a job in her field after graduation the best bet would be to move across the country, from Ohio to California. Considering that this is a total life change, add in the fact that my grandson has autism, and you have a donkey-ton of stress. Add in the fact the neither of us wanted to quit smoking in the first place. Yeah, we REALLY wanted to smoke. My daughter had heard about ecigs somewhere. We started looking into things, and wondered whether vaping would really work. We hemmed and hawed. My daughter finally broke down, and got us a couple of Blu disposables. Wonder of wonders, it worked. No more cravings to smoke.

We have gone from cigalikes to Evods, and could not be happier. We are still not smoking.

I am retired, on Social Security. The vape budget comes out of my income, after I have paid my share of the monthly bills, since my daughter and I share housing and living expenses. My daughter and her boyfriend are not interested in researching things - they only want something that works - so I am left to make decisions for 3 people.

At this point, we are all quite happy with our Kanger Evod setups, with Kanger single coils. As far as glass tanks go, we like Protank 2 Minis or Evod Glass. All our equipment uses the same Kanger single coils. I do not rebuild coils, but I am trying to learn to re-wick them. I do clean the coils, and get 2-3 extra uses from each coil before I pitch them. I have found several vendors that I trust and offer reasonable prices for eliquids.

All things considered, my daughter, her boyfriend, and I are in a pretty happy place right now. We are still not smoking, have several vendors that we trust and have reasonable prices as far as equipment and eliquids are concerned.

Everything depends on you, and what you want to get out of vaping. You can spend as much, or as little, as you want to get an experience that is satisfying to you.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Stick to a simple kit like Glo mentioned, it's usually enuf, and still leaves you enuf money to buy good ejuice.
    I smoked about $50 weekly and would have to buy plenty of stuff I don't need to get remotely close to that number.
    Then, you can save even more making your own ejuice. Squirting a little flavor in some plain nic base is as easy as mixing Koolaid. Saves a bundle.

CanadianVAPER

Jul 30, 2015
    You have to differentiate what you want and what you need.

Only spend money on the necessities to survive. If you are off cigs, then don't vape. I am only saying this because I assume your money is limited at the moment. Only purchase food and pay your bills, if you have some spare change left over in your paycheck spend it on entertainment once a week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread