Status
Not open for further replies.

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
I have the week off, taking a little stay-cation here at home so I can spend time with my mill. Got the first operation done on the front cover. Now I need to cut some soft jaws to finish the back side of both the front and rear cover. Finish is straight off the mill so no sanding or polishing has been done yet.

4Xj3NV0.jpg

Q7PIrNE.jpg

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I need morphine, moving sucks......

Went to the ER years ago in the worst gut wrenching pain I have had in my life. They gave me Morphine and came back after 5 min and asked how that was doing. No change, horrible pain. 2 more times they gave me Morphine and no change. They said that was the max legal dose they could give and I replied "Well let's try something else!". Gave me 1 shot of Demerol and after that I wouldn't have cared if they threw me in the parking lot and ran over me. Lost a foot of Colon due to the large abscess that was the cause of the pain.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I need morphine, moving sucks......

I assume you know the "preemptive ibuprofen" trick.

Last time I moved, we got the truck loaded and parked at the new place at the foot of the drive...which was too steep to take the truck up. The next morning it snowed and all the unload crew canceled. The truck had to go back the next day (Penski rental). Long day....long day. Swore to my wife that the next time was a gas can and a match.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
I have the week off, taking a little stay-cation here at home so I can spend time with my mill. Got the first operation done on the front cover. Now I need to cut some soft jaws to finish the back side of both the front and rear cover. Finish is straight off the mill so no sanding or polishing has been done yet.

4Xj3NV0.jpg

Q7PIrNE.jpg

Nice work! You can send that to me when done and I'll test if for you. :)

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
Nice work! You can send that to me when done and I'll test if for you.

Thanks! This first prototype has been a real challenge ... I'm a software developer ... not a machinist by any stretch of the imagination. When it's going good, it's going real good but when it goes bad ... crazy things happen fast and with shocking violence! Lol

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Went to the ER years ago in the worst gut wrenching pain I have had in my life. They gave me Morphine and came back after 5 min and asked how that was doing. No change, horrible pain. 2 more times they gave me Morphine and no change. They said that was the max legal dose they could give and I replied "Well let's try something else!". Gave me 1 shot of Demerol and after that I wouldn't have cared if they threw me in the parking lot and ran over me. Lost a foot of Colon due to the large abscess that was the cause of the pain.

When I was in the hospital for ten days fighting the infection in my lungs my back was killing me from laying still so long, they would give me a pain med in my IV, within seconds you could feel a warmth running up your spine, a few seconds latter it would be the biggest rush I've ever felt and the pain was instantly gone, ahhhhh...... I can't remember the name of it but the nurses hated to give it to me, I guess it was highly additive and could be deadly if given just a little too much, it was great stuff! I'd be hitting the call button every six hours, "it's time for my injection!!"

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Thanks! This first prototype has been a real challenge ... I'm a software developer ... not a machinist by any stretch of the imagination. When it's going good, it's going real good but when it goes bad ... crazy things happen fast and with shocking violence! Lol

LoL!! Are you still planning on "The Executive"? Man I love that one!

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
LoL!! Are you still planning on "The Executive"? Man I love that one!

Once I get this first one done with the black and white M3 Mokume covers and an aluminum body I'll venture into some other materials. I definitely want to experiment with stabilized woods. Have a couple of fixtures to make to complete the milling and the first test run of the remaining CAM g-code programs ... usually running slower and hovering near the e-stop. After everything is tested the next one should be quicker!

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
Who else besides me has done nothing but look at their DNA200 board? :blush:

Still sitting pretty in their boxes. I'm tempted by BRD's design and holding out for one of mikes upcoming project boxes for my first build.

I'm thinking about a squonker for my 2nd build.

I started looking into rta's for the first build. I see they've come out with some nice ones recently. Something with good airflow capable of running ni200. I've also considered just a dripper to start. Maybe some insane build on one of my dark horse's.

I'm currently a hard core squonker currently running .3ohm marquis.

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
Reactions: SlickWilly

Pdizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2014
Alberta
I emailed evolv as ive heard of them replacing boards for people who messed up. We'll see
I have the other board and plan to give that one a go. Just looking at a different game plan
Anyone know the turnaround time on hearing back from these guys? I'm expecting them to deny me a replacement but would still like to hear from them

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Anyone know the turnaround time on hearing back from these guys? I'm expecting them to deny me a replacement but would still like to hear from them

Turn around is usually fast I emailed Sunday and was answered today.
How did you contact them?
Did you fill in this form? Help Desk - Submit a ticket

Pdizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2014
Alberta
Turn around is usually fast I emailed Sunday and was answered today.
How did you contact them?
Did you fill in this form? Help Desk - Submit a ticket
Yes I did. Recieved confirmation email. Not in a rush, just still kind of bummed about what I did and holding out a bit of hope that they will hook me up lol

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I got another package from Evolv today. It's my original board that was fixed and sent back to me. They cross shipped a new one so now I have an extra board. I sent John an email to see if I should send one back. I also sent Hana an email that I fixed my v200 with a new display but now I have a DNA200 w/o a display. Hopefully, they'll just send me a replacement display.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I got another package from Evolv today. It's my original board that was fixed and sent back to me. They cross shipped a new one so now I have an extra board. I sent John an email to see if I should send one back. I also sent Hana an email that I fixed my v200 with a new display but now I have a DNA200 w/o a display. Hopefully, they'll just send me a replacement display.

Extra Board nice So what are we building? :)
They wont want it back they sent me an extra dna 40 once it was mine to keep :)
I'm sure Hana will send you a screen it's the least they can do.

Reactions: KTMRider

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Reactions: Steamer861
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread