Smok 160w xcube II

Status
Not open for further replies.

brivy

Jul 17, 2015
The Smok is on my radar but I don't have any personal experience with it. The Snow Wolf seems to do a better job with temp control. I have a KF4 and a Goblin. The KF4 doesn't have very good airflow and it is incredibly hard to WIC and keep it from leaking. On the other hand, the Goblin is very easy to work and it doesn't leak. All I know about the Billow is that it has a micro-sized deck to build on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

brivy

Jul 17, 2015
@brivy Isn't the KFV4 has a leak free design.. I saw it on their site however I didn't really hear any reviews from it. The snow wolf is also an option for me. I just liked the extra feautures the Xcube has.
I thought so but could never get it to wick properly. May be my own incompetence, but I would build and rebuild and it still dribbled. Plus if you read the You Tube reviews for "KF4 leaking" go-rings are mentioned. First of all there is about a hundred of them and the are thick/wide enough to hold the juice or air.
The Smok is on my radar but I don't have any personal experience with it. The Snow Wolf seems to do a better job with temp control. I have a KF4 and a Goblin. The KF4 doesn't have very good airflow and it is incredibly hard to WIC and keep it from leaking. On the other hand, the Goblin is very easy to work and it doesn't leak. All I know about the Billow is that it has a micro-sized deck to build on.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
the smok m80 TC was a bust - for regular wattage mode, it is a great little box and I use mine regularly, but for TC, 'the cake is a lie'...

now, the x cube II - that is a whole different beast - have one in hand right now and love it, though i have been slacking on trying the TC - partially, because i have not done my homework/ reading on setting up the TC (have ni200 coils for my freemax starre pro tank that is sitting on it right now...) and partially because i have up to my heinie in alligators, metaphorically, with work - its on my list of stuff to do this week, lol

thus far, i can say,without reservation, that i WOULD happily recommend the x cube II (well built, love the firing bar, memory mode rocks) - but can't give any good feedback on the TC mode yet

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
the smok m80 TC was a bust - for regular wattage mode, it is a great little box and I use mine regularly, but for TC, 'the cake is a lie'...

now, the x cube II - that is a whole different beast - have one in hand right now and love it, though i have been slacking on trying the TC - partially, because i have not done my homework/ reading on setting up the TC (have ni200 coils for my freemax starre pro tank that is sitting on it right now...) and partially because i have up to my heinie in alligators, metaphorically, with work - its on my list of stuff to do this week, lol

thus far, i can say,without reservation, that i WOULD happily recommend the x cube II (well built, love the firing bar, memory mode rocks) - but can't give any good feedback on the TC mode yet
Whenever you do, please let me know. I'm looking forward to hearing from you

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015

By the way, what do you mean by setting up the device for your tank. Does the device not do that itself? For example on my Evic VT I just screw on the Ni coil set it to TC mode and vape away. Is this device different?

AbigGRNboot

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
The xcube 2 has a section where you can input the coefficients of your coil for better temp control.
someone else maybe able to explain the coefficient thing a little better, but it's basically the change in resistance of the wire as it heats.
This coefficient is what the mod measures to determine the correct power to deliver your desired temp vape.
Tada - it's magic.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
The xcube 2 has a section where you can input the coefficients of your coil for better temp control.
someone else maybe able to explain the coefficient thing a little better, but it's basically the change in resistance of the wire as it heats.
This coefficient is what the mod measures to determine the correct power to deliver your desired temp vape.
Tada - it's magic.
Does the device not do all these things itself? For example if I build a Ti coil can I just put it on and vape on TC mode without messing with setting and coefficients?

Humulus Lupulus

Aug 4, 2015
For some reason I just don't like this mod at all, I don't like the size, I don't like the menus, I don't like the led lights or the fire trigger and the TFV4 looks way better on the SnowWolf in my opinion and fits perfect. Not bashing them, it's just not for me...
Really kicking myself for letting the SW get away. Perhaps another deal is on the horizon.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Love my Snow Wolf and more recently my IPV3 LIVR so I couldn't justify the purchase right now. The only thing I like about it honestly is the whole smart phone setup... Eye candy.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
True [emoji106] I love the fact that you can sync with your phone. The feautures on this device are good but the device seems too complicated and the TC mode doesn't look user friendly.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
All things being equal and smartphone aside, which one does it's job better?

Only knock I've seen on the SW is that there is no titanium setting. I imagine a fw update might fix it.
Personally I would say probably the SW. The device is user friendly, build is solid, 200w, TC. I didn't hear about Ti for the smok Xcube

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
i am expecting smok will do a firmware update for the x cube II at some point to expand options also (especially considering the coil options on the horizon for the tfv4 tank) - have not messed with the TC on it yet, so not sure about differentiation of Ti wire, but have the tfv4 sitting on top of it right now and it is amazing... yeah, the led's are a little gimmicky, but it seems to be very well built and I like the firing bar, after getting used to it... overall, a HUGE step up from their m80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread