Nic overload?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
Bought two flavors to try out from a reputable vendor, pumpkin pie in a 30ml and apple pie in a 15ml. Both are supposed to be 12nic 50/50. . .
vaping apple is great. vaping pumpkin gives me a headache/lightheaded and makes me nauseous. What are my chances that the nic level is screwed up and too high and is the cause of this versus is it something in the flavoring that is wrong? I've never had this issue vaping, and it's ONLY a problem after vaping the pumpkin for a short while (seriously, like 10 minutes of vaping where I can vape the apple for 30 minutes or more with no adverse affects)

On the other side, if it is a nic issue, I JUST STARTED DIY so I have the supplies, but I'm not super confident yet, can somebody offer advice on how to dilute the juice a bit so that it's vapeable?

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
I can't use that calculator that everybody keeps suggesting. It HATES my ancient laptop and won't run. :( I was using a different one, but I'm not really sure how to put in a pre-made juice. . . should I just use it as my "base" and do the 12 nic 50/50 and go from there (even though, if this is an issue with nicotine it's clearly stronger than 12). . . I'm also concerned that this isn't just a Nicotine issue. if anybody has had issues with certain flavorings causing the same side effects, or if it is nicotine for sure. If it's a problem with the flavoring or something else causing my issues, I don't want to bother diluting it and still get sick from it, but I'm hesitant to just toss it because I do like the flavoring.

I've watched a bunch of the youtube tutorials and I'm comfortable with the mixing and everything. I just made my first ejuice from scratch and it turned out okay, i'm just hesitant to screw with something that is premade that I have NO idea what the actual concentrations or other issues are at this point.

I'm vaping between 3-4ml a day of the 12mg 50/50 and this is the first juice that has had any adverse affects. Nausea and headache happen after less than .5ml

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
How is the taste on the Pumpkin Pie? Does it taste right to you? I know when we got some from one of our favorite vendors, it took a couple of weeks of steeping for the cinnamon flavor to settle down before we actually started tasting the rest of the ingredients.

Did you let these eliquids steep at all before you tried them?

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
I tried the pumpkin as soon as I got it, just to see and it was spice overload. Like, 100% nutmeg and cinnamon. It's been sitting for about two weeks now and it's definitely calmed down quite a bit. The spices became much more subtle, there is a touch of sweetness and graham cracker coming though now and the pumpkin is JUST starting to come out. I think it honestly needs at least a week or two more of steeping to get that good pumpkin flavor, which is why I'd like to fix it, I think it has the opportunity to be a great vape.
The apple strudel was the same way. HEAVY spice at first and a bit of an alcohol taste, and now it's sweet and starting to get a lot more apple to it, I think it also needs at least three weeks to be a good vape.

Reactions: glointhedark

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
What would you tell the vendor ?
I would tell the vendor the juice made me nauseous and gave me a headache :)

Mixing juice should be a science but you aren't there in the lab to make sure it isn't a monkey trying to create art :)

Considering juice is marked up a minimum 10X from basic cost of goods, it should be right, and perfect every time. Surely it should not give someone a headache and nausea. That would be my religion and philosophy if I bought juice. I make my own juice so I just complain to myself, saving the time of email.

Reactions: Katdarling

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
Update. I emailed the vendor explained that I'm having issues with one flavor, but that otherwise I'm very satisfied with my order, and they've offered to either give me store credit for the cost of the bottle, or to ship me a correct one free of charge.
:D
I'm going to take the free replacement bottle and use my current one to experiment with diluting it down.

Thanks guys!

Devilstompa

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2015
I have experienced the same symptoms for me the nicotine was to high.
I can't use that calculator that everybody keeps suggesting. It HATES my ancient laptop and won't run. :( I was using a different one, but I'm not really sure how to put in a pre-made juice. . . should I just use it as my "base" and do the 12 nic 50/50 and go from there (even though, if this is an issue with nicotine it's clearly stronger than 12). . . I'm also concerned that this isn't just a Nicotine issue. if anybody has had issues with certain flavorings causing the same side effects, or if it is nicotine for sure. If it's a problem with the flavoring or something else causing my issues, I don't want to bother diluting it and still get sick from it, but I'm hesitant to just toss it because I do like the flavoring.

I've watched a bunch of the youtube tutorials and I'm comfortable with the mixing and everything. I just made my first ejuice from scratch and it turned out okay, i'm just hesitant to screw with something that is premade that I have NO idea what the actual concentrations or other issues are at this point.

I'm vaping between 3-4ml a day of the 12mg 50/50 and this is the first juice that has had any adverse affects. Nausea and headache happen after less than .5ml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread