Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I already told Charlie we need to watch it tonight! Thank you so much!
RB, Tv viewing may not be a good thing until he is all healed up.

Just a thought, Jim

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Added to my list...

I LOVE documentaries and have watched hundreds. Another one on Netflix I recommend is Tabloid. It has a completely different subject matter and I think the title is unfortunate. When you watch the film, you can sort of see why they called it that, but I think for those who haven't see it, it's misleading. All I can say is it's a roller coaster. It goes along telling a rather odd story, but then it suddenly slides into the land of über surreal and just when you think it can't get any weirder, it does.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm sure he can't do anything about it. Someone comes out with a great product and within months another company sends it to china to be cloned and sold. It's just not right. No it's not.
It once took cloners 4 - 5 months to clone something. It was at least that long before the kayfun saw clones. Now they advertise clones (and take preorders) before the authentic is released. One thing the cloners did was to make clones using photographs put out by the originators. So now when the originators drum up enthusiasm for their release of new products they don't show you internals.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
RB, Tv viewing may not be a good thing until he is all healed up.

Just a thought, Jim

He should be fine. It's interviews and stills. You don't need to watch every frame, what they are saying is the most important.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
It once took cloners 4 - 5 months to clone something. It was at least that long before the kayfun saw clones. Now they advertise clones (and take preorders) before the authentic is released. One thing the cloners did was to make clones using photographs put out by the originators. So now when the originators drum up enthusiasm for their release of new products they don't show you internals.

Some consumers don't help either. When I was trying to figure out if the Plasma had been cloned and what it looked like, I came across a forum on fasttech where people were begging for it to be copied and wanted to know how soon it would be out.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Some consumers don't help either. When I was trying to figure out if the Plasma had been cloned and what it looked like, I came across a forum on FastTech where people were begging for it to be copied and wanted to know how soon it would be out.
I'm reminded of Donald Rumsfeld's quote...."We don't know what we don't know." I would like to know how many inventions (e-cig related or otherwise) that have not been realized because designers/inventors are discouraged by patent, trademark, or copyright infringements.

karlmetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
NW Florida
Really glad you didn't order the clone. You're getting an original Bert From Trippy Tips Plasma Tank and you're going to SO PLEASED! Yes you are!
I have NEVER used a clone...not trying to be uppity, but trying to reward the ingenuity and craftsmanship that goes into an original! Pay a bit more, but reward the entrepreneur... they also just work better!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I found a good use for the IQ function, sorting through and culling old batteries. I have a bunch of 18350 cells, and many are of indeterminate age and use. I charged a rested 8 of them yesterday, and while watching the tube last night cycled through them. Put them in the P3 and vape each one for about five minutes, then check the IQ.

IQ great and IQ good go into the box no marker.
IQ OK gets tagged and into the rotation.
IQ poor goes into the recycle bin.

There's about 20 more cells that I need to check.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I have NEVER used a clone...not trying to be uppity, but trying to reward the ingenuity and craftsmanship that goes into an original! Pay a bit more, but reward the entrepreneur... they also just work better!

Many of us are right there with you Karl. Yes we are! I will NEVER buy a clone. No I won't.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I found a good use for the IQ function, sorting through and culling old batteries. I have a bunch of 18350 cells, and many are of indeterminate age and use. I charged a rested 8 of them yesterday, and while watching the tube last night cycled through them. Put them in the P3 and vape each one for about five minutes, then check the IQ.

Hmmm...errrr....I'm not sure about your theory, since screwing the cap on and off, pulling the spring, wiping the ends of the batteries and cleaning the battery contact can all change the IQ. You may well be right (since I pay no attention to the IQ anyway), but what I look at is the battery % when I put a fresh battery in. I wrote the date on my batteries when I bought them, but it wore off, so I know some are old, but I don't know which ones. When I see 86% for what should be a fully charged battery I make note of how long the charge lasts. It seems those don't last as long.

I need more batteries! I only have 10 18490s! i haz a hoard.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Hmmm...errrr....I'm not sure about your theory, since screwing the cap on and off, pulling the spring, wiping the ends of the batteries and cleaning the battery contact can all change the IQ. You may well be right (since I pay no attention to the IQ anyway), but what I look at is the battery % when I put a fresh battery in. I wrote the date on my batteries when I bought them, but it wore off, so I know some are old, but I don't know which ones. When I see 86% for what should be a fully charged battery I make note of how long the charge lasts. It seems those don't last as long.

I need more batteries! I only have 10 18490s! i haz a hoard.

I thought about this for a bit before posting it. The batteries I tested had their terminals thoroughly cleaned prior to the test. I double checked a few on my V2.5 ProVari's, and while checking the voltage, the screen would flash a higher voltage then a lower one. Like for a split second it would show 3.9V then drop to 3.7V. On a meter with no load they would test 4.0V or 4.1V. I believe that the IQ feature can tell when the internal impedance
of the batteries is higher than normal.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014

That is exactly why I bought the P3.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
That's great Ping! Got my confirmation yesterday but no tracking number...website now showing "backordered", wonder if I got in before they ran out

Give them a call Karl.

Did it have backorder when you placed order?

Last edited:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I watched a cool documentary last night: Limited Partnership. A fascinating, frustrating, loving, tearjerker.

TO, we watched the video. It was beautiful and you're right, a tearjerker. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread