Looking for a new toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank813

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
Ya bro without a doubt I was thinking of getting one for myself as a backup but it's not as good as the YIHI SX350J M CLASS. I love it I think it's great but the best comparison I can give you is it's like a v6 Mustang and a GT50O MUSTANG with all the bells and whistles. There is definitely a difference if you're an average Vapor you might not know the difference you might not need the difference but if your die hard Vapor and are into all the bells and whistles then you can not compare the two but I love the IpvD2 as well.

Reactions: tyrannt_83

tyrannt_83

Aug 25, 2015
Well I wont class myself as hardcore but I have been building my own coils and using a mec mod/dripper for about 8 months. I just have never liked the look of box mods so I never gave them much thought till resently, definitely gonna be making a purchase in the nedt couple of days. Ill probably go to a local vape shop and see how a couple feel in the hands before I make my decision, im kinda leaning towards the sigelei 150.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I have been building my own coils and using a mec mod/dripper for about 8 months. I just have never liked the look of box mods so I never gave them much thought till resently,
I was the same way. Until I built a huge pair of claptons that I love. They just won't fire under 80W, so I needed more power than you can get out of a mech. I picked up the iPV4 and upgraded it and it's awesome. I never thought I'd say this, but I prefer the regulated mod to the mech now. I'm not a fan of TC, but the regulated mods are far superior if you are looking for clouds. I'm still using my mechs for some of my drippers, but I have found they limit the performance you can get out of any topper.

tyrannt_83

Aug 25, 2015
Dont get me wrong I love mech mods, simple, they hit hard and they do what it say on the tin. But fresh batttery are a must with a mec mod. I think I will still use them at home just not to carry around. I have an itazte 134 mini but it just does have the power I want, it only goes upto 12.5w which is laughable after using a mec mod and the batteries dont last.

Last edited:

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
The best thing about IPV imo is you can upgrade the firmware when there's updates. Example: IPV4 was 100watts, became 120watts and added titanium wire to TC options. IPV3 LI went from 165watts to 200watts. IPV3 LI has a nice solid case simple and clean inside much like the original sigelei 150w. Pretty much the same 510, and chip maker. The battery sled/case are slightly different.
In the end even tho I have 3 devices with TC I don't use it, I've became my own TC control and can tell based off flavor and vapor production. When something is going dry, I think in the last 5months or so I've had 1 dry hit and was because i vaped a rda low put it down to redrip it before using it but, but got occupied with something else and picked it back up and got a dry hit.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

tyrannt_83

Aug 25, 2015
Ive looked at a few reviews on both the IPV and the sigelei 150 and they both have their pros and cons, I dont like the fact that alot of the reviewers said that the IPV shredded their batteries when removing them from the device and the screw on back. With the sigelei 150 the button unscrews sometimes and over 120w its less accurate but hey I wouldnt go over that im sure.

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
IPV4 dose eat battery wrappers/has screws external, IPV3 LI/LI VR dose not eat battery wrappers/has no screws externally. In the end it's up to you. I know i do show favoritism to the IPV3 LI, but you'll be getting a newer device with a newer chip with more options, and it's capable of being upgradable. Also the original ipv3 did have screws on the battery door. Make sure your looking at the "IPV3 LI" or "IPV3 LI VR" and not the older one "IPV3".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread