The ProVarinati Diner & Saloon #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Yeah, but they only have TF left, I need one that's squonkable :)

Duane, I may have a slightly used ERA Squonkable Hornet around here someplace, ya want me to see if I can find it for you? I never use it, since I barely remember that I have it... I think it's red anodized. Air hole is probably opened up a little too. Maybe... I don't remember. Message me if ya want me to dig for it.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
You guys are tempting me to look into the Zen. I told myself I don't need anymore gear but..... My Kayfun4 has been pretty decent but if the Zen kicks out flavor, I might need to check it out. Or are they sold out

I saved the link that was posted earlier, I have not ordered anything, I am interested as well, just all ready spent to much this month. :(

House of Hybrids - Spencerport, NY

KAS

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
You guys are tempting me to look into the Zen. I told myself I don't need anymore gear but..... My Kayfun4 has been pretty decent but if the Zen kicks out flavor, I might need to check it out. Or are they sold out

There is nothing flavor wise like the Zen atty I have ever tried. It's all flavor town...

ZAU from House of Hybrids

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Thanks for the links! Not much info...what kinda a build? Single coil, dual, Z, regular? If anyone has a pic of what the build deck looks like that would be helpful. And I think someone said KGD works well on it, right?

And adjustable airflow I assume? I know a lot of people like wide open air flow, but I prefer smaller, warmer vapes. How's this one do one closing it up a lot?
ETA..what's the difference on these on the website?

Reactions: FringeChief68

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Thanks for the links! Not much info...what kinda a build? Single coil, dual, Z, regular? If anyone has a pic of what the build deck looks like that would be helpful. And I think someone said KGD works well on it, right?

And adjustable airflow I assume? I know a lot of people like wide open air flow, but I prefer smaller, warmer vapes. How's this one do one closing it up a lot?

Airflow is anywhere from wide open to almost none existent, by turning the top cap.

This video taught me everything about the Zen atty, as well as Zens video. Can't find Zen's vid for some reason-

29y1e6p.jpg

I like ReadyxWick-

2ex2681.jpg

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN

:thumb:
But keep in mind, that some juices' may be a bit muted in a Genesis style setup. There is a break in period before the device can shine. I have experienced that with a certain custard flavor. It was very flavorful in a rba, rda, but when I put it in my Genny could barely taste it. So be patient, because there is a bit of a learning curve.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

ETA..what's the difference on these on the website?

Airflow is set, non adjustable. It is restrictive, so it's perfect for mouth to lung hitting. I do a cotton build, and remove the insulator from the wick hole for better juice flow. You need to use a needle to fill them, the fill hole is small, I have found that I can lay mine on its side, wick facing up, and it doesn't leak. The deck couldn't be any simpler...

IMG_8890%20850x567_zpstxsdzesw.jpg

The ZAP has a skirt that acts like a beauty ring, meeting the taper of the V1-V2.5 Provari's, and the center pin is spring loaded. I like to have the airhole at the button, and using discs as shims can get it nice and tight, and lined up just the way I like. I can grab a few pics if you want.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
By turning the top cap, it moves the airhole a way from wick which will increase the throat hit. If you prefer a tighter draw, this is not for you. But.... you can learn to appreciate the open draw.

Yeah, I was wrong. Airflow is the same, just more or less throat hit. Odd how that works...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
@AngiBe
I tell you what. I can send you one of mine cleaned and wicked to try. Build should last for a few weeks You can deside if it's something you like. When you get the feel for it, send it back. I will clean it.
PM me. :)
REPORTED! For pretending to be nice:nun:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread