Suggestions for first rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Here's the second installment of the required posts. I would like to know what is everyone's suggestions for first dripper set ups. rda and mod. And how is your suggestion different from what you first started with.

You do not have to start new topics/threads. Simply replying is enough.
    How about the Dark Horse RDA?

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I misunderstood I'm sorry. I looked at that one and honestly I'm overwhelmed at the options that's out there. I have a cheap hellboy clone I'm using only to practice building on and getting the hang of setting it up.

That's all that matters brother. Most RDA's are fairly similar. Some hold more juices. Some are easier to build on. Some have more airflow options.

Daddy-O

Aug 30, 2015
    Virginia
    one more post to go ....... I never built on the subbox mini but lots of folks here love them.
    I just have the kbox 40w. Nothing too impressive but gets the job done. As far as the subtank mini goes I've made a vertical coil and dual coil on the rba. Pretty tricky when you have sausages for fingers lol

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    RDA's can serve many functions, the biggest factors will the two biggest factors of what you are wanting out of the RDA

1) Flavor with Decent Vapor Production (Camp 1) - Flavor is produced best out of RDA's with a narrow or reduced chamber and a some restrictive air flow. Examples - IGO W V1, Helios, Derringer, Bambino, Veritas, Quasar, Atomic
    2) Massive Cloud Production but Decent Flavor Production (Camp 2) - These setups have larger decks and chambers allowing for larger diameter coils which allow for larger wicking, that allows major liquid wicking and flow to the coil, more liquid vaporized quickly is more vapor, and have very, very, very big airflow options. Examples - The Mutation X series, Velocity, Dark Horse
    3) Good Flavor and Good Vapor Production (a balance of both) (Camp 3) - These setups are in between Camp 1 and Camp 2, medium sized decks and chambers with medium but airy airflow that promote good flavor while at the same time giving good vapor production. Examples - Vector, Plume Veil, Tugboat RDA, Zenith

Reactions: Romano Cheese

Daddy-O

Aug 30, 2015
    Virginia
    RDA's can serve many functions, the biggest factors will the two biggest factors of what you are wanting out of the RDA

1) Flavor with Decent Vapor Production (Camp 1) - Flavor is produced best out of RDA's with a narrow or reduced chamber and a some restrictive air flow. Examples - IGO W V1, Helios, Derringer, Bambino, Veritas, Quasar, Atomic
    2) Massive Cloud Production but Decent Flavor Production (Camp 2) - These setups have larger decks and chambers allowing for larger diameter coils which allow for larger wicking, that allows major liquid wicking and flow to the coil, more liquid vaporized quickly is more vapor, and have very, very, very big airflow options. Examples - The Mutation X series, Velocity, Dark Horse
    3) Good Flavor and Good Vapor Production (a balance of both) (Camp 3) - These setups are in between Camp 1 and Camp 2, medium sized decks and chambers with medium but airy airflow that promote good flavor while at the same time giving good vapor production. Examples - Vector, Plume Veil, Tugboat RDA, Zenith
    That helps a lot. Thank you.

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
    Jan 6, 2015
    Henry County Georgia
    Good topic....I just started using RDAs a few weeks ago. I saw a bunch of great reviews on the Mad Hatter mini...so I have one of those...I bought the brass one in black...love the flip top for refilling. Also just got a plume veil clone off ebay last week and love that too. Actually sitting on the front porch right now with the plume filled with a max VG 3mg banana nut bread from MBV and a cup of coffee. ...life is good. Since I am older I use a coil jig to make my coils....but I am making some pretty neat coil builds now. Both if these give great flavor and plenty if clouds. I am more into flavor...but I do make for one kewl cloud chucking grandpa Lol.

Reactions: suprtrkr

Daddy-O

Aug 30, 2015
    Virginia
    Definitely going to be doing some research on these. I think I'm getting what I was looking for out of this post so far. I caught myself before I made a bad mistake of getting things I didn't need for starting out. Things like a powerful box and expensive rda. Why? Because it's the good stuff for big clouds lol. But I'm glad I got a small regulated box and a rebuildable tank. Just enough to teach me and I was able to learn what I really wanted or needed from a set up before diving in the deep end.

Reactions: Gothicmace59
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread