Vaporshark DNA200

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfraley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Did you order it with the Vapeshield coating?

I'm #558*, ordered the 18th mid afternoon. I'm hoping the coating is the only difference that's holding mine up now....
When did you order yours?

Thank you

I placed mine early the 17th, I did get nano coating as well. Thinking maybe that is making it take a bit longer i'm 1001053XX

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
Finally got a chance to sit down and mess with escribe. Just crashes on me, or hangs indefinitely. Haven't had to chance to check out evolv's forums yet to see what may be the issue but, I love it just the way it is right now anyway, cant imagine how much better it'll be when I can tune it.

The mod itself has (IMO) a real nice finish, feels more like a straight up anodizing than what the others felt like... which was maybe just a far too thick coating of clear rubber.

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
What is the nano coating for?

its a olephobic coating, it repels water/oil so that your mod doesn't collect finger prints/ejuice prints... makes it much easier to clean. Water and Oils usually can't stick to it or bead and roll off. It's not much different than what modern cell phones come with on the glass surface to keep face oils and finger prints from forming.

Monoxxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belgium
What a s*&t company this is, hard to believe they didnt fix that in one day.
New dutch vaper asked wat to buy last month, told him get a VS30, they cheap as chips these days and you get quality for the money. Then i read on this forum their customers credit cards info get stolen, so i warn him to keep a eye on his CC.
Today i see him post on dutch forum, my CC details and money got stolen. Seriously VS?

Reactions: Charlemagne

SteveAdams86

Jul 9, 2015
Gloucester UK
What a s*&t company this is, hard to believe they didnt fix that in one day.
New dutch vaper asked wat to buy last month, told him get a VS30, they cheap as chips these days and you get quality for the money. Then i read on this forum their customers credit cards info get stolen, so i warn him to keep a eye on his CC.
Today i see him post on dutch forum, my CC details and money got stolen. Seriously VS?
Your post made me check my account and I saw a couple of transactions I didn't recognise how ever searching around the net it seems these 2 low value transactions are a charge for currency conversion. If VaporShark accepted paypal this wouldn't happen. If any more unrecognised transactions appear il get on to my bank

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Yep. No problems at all. More pics ...

Embossed logo on battery cover. Nice.

7252b252088adcc21cc1eafd277e70b6.jpg

In hand.

c36c56842fefc29d5949a3b0aa6961bb.jpg

Wish I'd bought 2 now!

Monoxxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belgium
Your post made me check my account and I saw a couple of transactions I didn't recognise how ever searching around the net it seems these 2 low value transactions are a charge for currency conversion. If VaporShark accepted paypal this wouldn't happen. If any more unrecognised transactions appear il get on to my bank

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

He bought it very start of july, days after it was mentioned on this forum. The dna200 rush probably will be safe i may hope.
Still, they should have shut down the whole thing once it was mentioned by users that there data was compromised and not let unknowing buyers keep buying stuff on the site.
Takes days if not weeks for the guy to get his money back, his bank need do a investigation. I think he didnt keep a eye on his statements as he only just discovered at beginnening of this month, when you need to get even with youre visa.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Hmm. I hear people bashing Vaporshark from time to time. But I gotta say I've been a customer of theirs for over a year with probably 8 different orders. Never had a problem.

CC hacks happen. They upgraded their website security. CC companies will look after the users. The most dangerous thing you can do with a CC in the USA is give it to your waiter/waitress in a restaurant which many of us do regularly.

I think their devices are superb. Apparently so do many others which is why they always get backlogged when a new one comes out.

In the unlikely event you need it, their repair service is accessible, inexpensive, and fast.

Yes I'm a fanboy but just wanted potential buyers to hear not everyone has a disaster with them!

IMO, the problem with it is that there are many more better looking mods out there now with similar capabilities. YIHI chips are great and are in some beautiful looking mods. I'm surprised they stuck with the same design. OK, the DNA200 chip gets amazing reviews, but why put it in that box? I'll be passing on this one.

Monoxxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belgium
Hmm. I hear people bashing Vaporshark from time to time. But I gotta say I've been a customer of theirs for over a year with probably 8 different orders. Never had a problem.

CC hacks happen.v

Yes I'm a fanboy but just wanted potential buyers to hear not everyone has a disaster with them!

Not bashing them at all, if you read back i even told friends (beginners) in Belgium to go trough the loops of buying in the usa to get their product, nice first experience with the vaping world for them innit?
Dont agree with your second statement, people NEED to be warned there data was compromised, so they know its possible to expect something.
Great they have updated the security level but as you see there still dropping old bodys out the closet, is that a saying in the usa?
If you want to look professional, ....ing act like it and dont let customers go trough the mess when your site isnt safe. Or do we need to go trough the exact dates when it was told here they where compromised and the order date from buddys dna30?
Sorry that was last of topic, back to the great dna200.

Last edited:

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Just called Customer Service as I was curious about some people getting delivery notifications before receiving mine that ordered after me.
The Nano coating is the reason. They can apparently coat 10 a day. So the devices without the coating are going out in order received, those WITH the coating are separately going out in the the order received.
Patiently continuing my wait.... [emoji15]

tfraley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just called Customer Service as I was curious about some people getting delivery notifications before receiving mine that ordered after me.
The Nano coating is the reason. They can apparently coat 10 a day. So the devices without the coating are going out in order received, those WITH the coating are separately going out in the the order received.

Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop, That's what I thought it was nice but getting official confirmation.

N1gh7m4r3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2012
Conroe

order # 100104954 nano coating got shipping confirmation this afternoon 2:07 pm CST

Reactions: Paul.K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread