Triple coil on a 3 post RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT!

Jul 13, 2015
Kind of some noobish questions here.

I'm having a hard time trying to grasp if this would work in my head or not. Would 3 coils work or would I have problems with one side being half the resistance as the other?

Would having 3 coils produce bigger clouds than 2? (Working with 50w max @3.8 volts)

Right now I'm at two but at high wattage I get burnt hits so in my head in makes sense that 3 would allow more juice to get to the coils.

And I'm also thinking 4 might be overkill?

I just can't get my head round this stuff.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
It's sounds like your issue is not more coils. Without seeing a pic of your build, it sounds like you have a wicking issue possibly combined with power issue. If you are not wicked properly you will get bad hits. Power, resistance and wicking all have to work together to produce the perfect consistent vape. Post a pic of your build and we can make more educated comments to help you. More coils can produce more vapor but without proper wicking, resistance and power you can still get bad hits. With tri coils your resistance is cut in thirds so to arrive at a .3ohm build, all of your single coils have to be .9ohms. It would make your build even hotter causing bigger wicking problems. If you are torquing your build with 50 watts, everything needs to be properly set up. Your three post atty is designed for singles or dualies. Here is a quad vertical I have been running the last few days. Thing is a Beast.
c6bc490541c05798067085bf0a123ca0.jpg

Last edited:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
You could do married/kissing quads, use a larger ID, parallel coils, etc. These are married coils: View attachment 486585 The concept is that they're 2 coils (generally per side) that act as one and heat up from the center of the two <-> outwards
Cool build. You should do a quad married[emoji317]

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Cool build. You should do a quad married[emoji317]
Lol I did. I was lazy that morning but I did it after making those and posting that pic.
image.jpg

Prebuilt coils that came with the RDA. So no idea the guage. But they total .3ohm according to my subox.

I was maybe thinking 4 coils 8/7 wraps each at 3mm diameter... hopefully should end up with .3ohms if the math is right.

But if I use a triple coil setup i can make them each 6/5 wraps.
Ugh mystery China coils...no Bueno. Pick up a 100ft spool of wire, like 26g KA1 or N80, or both, and build some coils. You could parallel 26/26 KA1/N80 & have some type of staged heating since N80 heats quicker. Or build quads. And clip your leads! You'll short out if your leads are touching the other coil or the positive leads are touching the deck.

Last edited:
Reactions: WharfRat1976
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread