New kangertech subtank mini--help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug24

Jun 26, 2015
NY
(I have an istick 30)
i had the nautilus and became aggravated with it because it was constantly flooding and I could never get it apart to refill without a fight.
Last week I got the kangertech subtank mini. I'm a tootle puffer, using the occ coil (1.2 ohm) it came with and not interested in subohm/coil rebuilding. It was great, but all of the sudden I'm getting gross tasteless hits (dry hits?) and its leaking a bit. The tank is filled, so the wick holes are covered. I'm vaping around 15-17 watts, 65/35, 3-6 nic.
What am a doing wrong?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
hi Ladybug. If the coil head is not seated firmly the Subtank will leak down and out the air holes. If it's leaking from between the glass and oring you can swap out the glass or orings with the extra ones that came with the tank and give those a try. If you've used the coil for a week then the bad hits are probably because the coil needs changed. I've noticed when my coils go bad the tank will also start to leak out the air holes. Try changing the coil.

With the Nautilus, I used a rubber band like a kitchen gripper for jars on the bottom part of the tank. It worked like a charm for me.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
If you use a SUbtank mini. Learn to rebuild. and go up tp 25-30 watts. 5 or 6 wraps. around a 2.5 mm bit. and some fluffed up cotton. Wet the cotton before you fill the tank, fill the tank screw it on and you got the perfect mouth to lung vape with great flavor. Always depends on the juice you use. If you were once a smoker, your going to want a good vape with medium dense clouds.

Or go for the .5 ohm coils and raise the wattage up tp 20-35 watts. I started on the subtanks. Now I need a dual coil to get the perfect vape or a single 10 wrap temp control vape. Those aspire tanks are so stiff I always needed a tool just to get the thing apart to fill. Then I would get the least amount of vape and would not help me with my nicotine urges.

ALl you need:

Yonala 3pcs Kuro Koiler Wire Coiling Tool CW-20 CW-25 CW-30 Silica Wick Pre-made Welded Wires - - Amazon.com

Genuine Lightning Vapes Kanthal 26 Gauge AWG A1 Wire 100ft Roll 0.40386 mm 3.21 Ohms/ft Resistance - - Amazon.com

Hakko CHP-170 Micro Soft Wire Cutter, 1.5mm Stand-off, Flush Cut, 2.5mm Hardened Carbon Steel Construction, 21-Degree Angled Jaw, 8mm Jaw Length, 16 Gauge Maximum Cutting Capacity: Side Cutting Pliers: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Amazon.com: SE 752SDC 11-Piece Precision Screwdriver: Home Improvement

You will never need to buy another coil for a VERY long time and you will learn to make your own coils and You might like it. Also saving money is a great thing.

Ladybug24

Jun 26, 2015
NY
hi Ladybug. If the coil head is not seated firmly the Subtank will leak down and out the air holes. If it's leaking from between the glass and oring you can swap out the glass or orings with the extra ones that came with the tank and give those a try. If you've used the coil for a week then the bad hits are probably because the coil needs changed. I've noticed when my coils go bad the tank will also start to leak out the air holes. Try changing the coil.

With the Nautilus, I used a rubber band like a kitchen gripper for jars on the bottom part of the tank. It worked like a charm for me.
Thanks. Does the coil generally need to be changed weekly? That seems crazy when I could use that nautilus coil 3-4 weeks.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
It varies. You're using more juice in the Subtank than you were the Nautilus. I change a coil when it gets slow to draw, tastes funny, or leaks. I build my own coils (save your old 1.2 occ's ) and rebuild the oCC's I have so swapping out a coil is really cheap. It might be something you would look at down the road if you're not interested now. I found the basic build to be very easy.

Reactions: Ladybug24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread