Status
Not open for further replies.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Hi Juma. Yes, I use many other mods on a regular basis, which is why I didn't go for the P3 threaded one (I only have one with such threading). Kat uses even more than I do (way more, in fact).

We've both had very good luck with our coils, and get the majority from either MyFreedomSmokes or Sweet-Vapes. I tried some supposedly authentic ones from fasttech, but I haven't made my mind up yet if I trust them completely. No issues to speak of, but...

My main mods, in addition to the many Provis, are a couple of Cool Fire IV's, a couple of older Australian mods named EPM, and we're expecting the arrival of XvoSticks sometime in the next week or two. Other than that, I use Billet Boxes (mainly for out & about). But they have internal tanks so they're irrelevant to this conversation.

The Kabukis work great on all of the other mods that I use. They're inter-changeable, which is exactly what I wanted when I ordered both with 510 threading.

I hope this helped, even if just a bit. :)

I missed this the other day about FastTech. Mostly I've good luck, but the one set of coils I bought, and I forget what they fit, were so tight I couldn't get enough air through them to make them work, and I'm not a super wide open air guy. Also one time I ordered a couple of cheap tanks. Forget what those were too. And they sent a couple of nice copper mech mods instead, which probably cost way more than the tanks. Since I don't use mechs I sent them to a friend who does. But all the bottles, spare glass and little junk has been fine. Only big negative is the l-o-n-g wait for stuff.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
And just for posterity, I'm doing it here too (before I make my way through my Todo List).

HAPPY ONE-YEAR VAPEVERSARY, Lolz Jim!!!

Party up, dude. :party:

59744257.jpg

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I get the condensation as well. This didn't surprise me because the Original Nautilus base always gets condensation in it. Nature of the beast I figured.
I have two nautilus mini's and one thing I like is I never get condensation or leaks on the pin. Different usage perhaps :)

Reactions: ENAUD

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
k2zs, I've always thought battery life is/was dependent on how much one vapes. I run Provis in '350 and '490 mode, but I rarely time them. When they start flashing at me, I flash back. ;)

I'm not sure anyone can tell you accurately what sort of life span you'll have with an 18350 and the Kabuke with a 1.6Ω coil. I puff constantly and that set up could last me all day. Maybe. Hmmm....... now you've inspired me to test out that theory.

I normally ficklely grab device after device. :blush:

Kat, I guess I'm not doing it right or doing it too much. When leave in the morning for work, I take two P3s with full 18350 AW batteries and two Kabuki tanks. I have a three mile, three light commute. I vape at eight watts and chain vape most of the way. At least once and sometimes twice in the morning I go outside and vape for no more than five minutes. By the time I get home at lunch, one of the ProVaris is about out of juice and energy. If I have time, I fill it and replace the battery. I repeat the process in the afternoon and it's also about gone by the time I pull in the driveway. Home is a different story as I vape more than one device and liquid. I did try just the P3 and the Kabuki for a couple of days. I went through about six tanks and six batteries per day. I guess that's too much.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If I were using 18350's, I'd be getting similar performance, Juma. Which is why I've always opted for the extra 1.5 inches of length, to almost quadruple my battery life (800mAh to 2900...).

For me, it's a no-brainer. But I understand the concept that size matters, so personal preference rules.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
If I were using 18350's, I'd be getting similar performance, Juma. Which is why I've always opted for the extra 1.5 inches of length, to almost quadruple my battery life (800mAh to 2900...).

For me, it's a no-brainer. But I understand the concept that size matters, so personal preference rules.

Longo, I agree, which is why I use my "home" PVs in 18650 mode. However, they don't fit in my dress pants. Sorta looks like I'm "happy" to see everyone. That doesn't go over well in a bank.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
He, Zen, needs to put out a new regulated before I move on another of his reg mods.

Neo Zen... Come on!!!

I could be so enticed too, come such a point. :thumbs:

Ordered from ProVape and also ordered the "smoke" tank from Spectrum. I'm going broke! :( But at least I'm be happy in the poorhouse. :)

I will promise you that your savings will kick in soon, and then take off like a bandit. I have to actually work to keep my spend at 50% of (previous) tobacco spend now. It keeps wanting to go lower, but I refuse to let it! ;)

The first few months are tough, but then you'll see & feel the "good". And that's a promise.

Longo, I agree, which is why I use my "home" PVs in 18650 mode. However, they don't fit in my dress pants. Sorta looks like I'm "happy" to see everyone. That doesn't go over well in a bank.

I guess it depends who you work with. :laugh:

Kidding! But understood. I have other mods that accompany me to work each day. Things a bit more designed for "pocketability".

In your case, Juma, as long as you don't mind swapping batteries, you should be FINE with the little jobber (18350). Besides, it's all about the vape ('bout the vape, 'bout the vape...).

:vapor::toast:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I would like to see this forthcoming Kbox Nano, JUMA, just to toss into my "mods to watch" folder (minimally). Thank you for mentioning it. Also, does anyone know if the V2 Kbox has hit the shores yet? Not that it really matters, as I do have another O&A device coming on the slowest of boats. Another Heatvape Defender will be living with me one of these days (weeks).

Add to that our super duper exciting unbelievable Xvo sticks should be here "soon"! I am arsenaled and happy. :vapor:

I bought my share of Naughty hardware from Aspire as well. I had several designer tanks, so having some extra bases and chimneys was helpful. As many as I bought, I wish I'd got more. C'est la Vie-apor.

As far as the Cerotank goes, I'm really liking the look on my CF4. I thought it funny that you said they were better than the Aeros. I believe they are nearly the same tank, yet, like you, I do not like the Aeros, and I love the Ceros. Go figure.

It sounds like (other than your power consumption) you are QUITE set up in Provis and good tanks! (of course, the Kabuke tops that list) I've also had the experience that coils do not seem to perform as well in an Aspire tank as they do in the Kabuki.

I JUST CHANGED OUT MY ORIGINAL KABUKI COIL today... I started vaping it on July 13. (I had filled it 19 times.)

I'm still not sure why you're getting such a limited amount of batt life. 3 miles chain vaping, and a couple of 5 minute vape breaks .... hmmmm.... seems it might be easy to go thru the small amount of vliquid the Kabuki holds, but I can't imagine running out of battery power. But you said you go thru about 6 tanks a day? So, 12ml-ish? That's truly seems like a lot for the amount of time you're vaping.

Then again, I have not yet tried my experiment of using only a Provi in Mini mode and a Kabuki tank. It's difficult for me to vape only one liquid and one mod. I may still try..... just for you. But don't hold yer breath. ;)

And yet, Zen finds another way to separate us from our money:).

Adaptors would be nice....Z2 to P3 or Z2 to 510;)

ZENdaptors and PROdapters, please? C'mon, Zen. You know you WANT to. ;)

Ordered from ProVape and also ordered the "smoke" tank from Spectrum. I'm going broke! :( But at least I'm be happy in the poorhouse. :)

It WILL start to even out...... eventually. Give it another 3, 4, 5 years. :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Kat's correct, Juma - something's not quite right. There's really nothing that you could be doing wrong, but we're trying to figure out what.

Stay tuned, please.

Unless someone else pipes in with a plausible idea first. Head-scratching, for sure.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I could be so enticed too, come such a point. :thumbs:

I will promise you that your savings will kick in soon, and then take off like a bandit. I have to actually work to keep my spend at 50% of (previous) tobacco spend now. It keeps wanting to go lower, but I refuse to let it! ;)

The first few months are tough, but then you'll see & feel the "good". And that's a promise.

I guess it depends who you work with. :laugh:

Kidding! But understood. I have other mods that accompany me to work each day. Things a bit more designed for "pocketability".

In your case, Juma, as long as you don't mind swapping batteries, you should be FINE with the little jobber (18350). Besides, it's all about the vape ('bout the vape, 'bout the vape...).

:vapor::toast:

The only thing is, Longo, is I've been at this since April 2014! You cannot imagine the amount of money I've spent--or maybe you can. Right now my display shelf--in other words the stuff I'm no longer using--contains 16 mods and 16 tanks. After my second P3 Ti and Kabuki Stealth arrive next week, I'll have eight active mods and 12 active tanks. That doesn't count 30 or so tanks that I might/could use. Am I crazy or what? :w00t: And now that there is a Stealth Kabuki, a second one along with a P3 Ti Stealth is really tempting me.

What mods/tanks do you take to work? The only combo I've found that works for--mainly meaning the the tanks don't leak going back and forth between a very cold office and the Texas heat--are the Kabukis with the P3s.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I think I can, Juma (imagine...). Wow - you ARE buying a lot! :lol:

I like the Ti Stealth too. A lot, actually. It's tempting, but I simply don't need it, so I'm controlling the urges.

We're stuck on how you could be going through that much juice, with so little actual vaping time. As long as you've been vaping, you know as much as we do - so if you can't figure it out.... (stumped!).

PM incoming shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread