Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Hey All
I got some NET extracts from a very generous ECFer who was getting rid of his surplus. This will be my first time mixing and using the Recipe Calculator (thanks @HotRod19579 !)

Nicotine, PG/VG from Wizard Labs. Scale, gloves, eye protection, syringes, needles, filters, even more bottles and a buncha other stuff from Amazon (after getting great advice from @Boxster and @usr/ and @Str8vision on supplies and methods.)

Using 100 mg nicotine, one ingredient, at 70PG/30VG. Can y'all "check my math" before I dive in? Especially the nicotine level.

Recipe:
Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River
Nicotine Strength 6.00 mg
PG Level 70.00%
VG Level 30.00%
Flavor Level 30.00%
Amount to Make 15.000 ml

Ingredients Ing % Drops Weight Volume
Nicotine 6.00% 18.0 0.900 g 0.900 ml
PG 34.00% 102.0 5.284 g 5.100 ml
VG 30.00% 90.0 5.621 g 4.500 ml
Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River 30.00% 90.0 4.500 g 4.500 ml

Many thanks!

I think I reached my tagging limit...hehe

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
It may be your PC blocking dropbox. If you can, confirm this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ceu7kr789fq5wdt/Lmw4X_Xg9j

I'm in my "Dropbox" account now..and I downloaded the setup.exe and it downloads but my Norton 360 will not let it open...it says it's unsafe and deletes it.
I don't guess I've ever had that problem before...that is with a file from a know source...don't know why Norton is seeing it as unsafe though.

Norton is saying it's a "WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.
So...it appears it's based on the fact that the millions of Symantec end users have not used this file it must be a security risk...
So I'm just going to ignore and restore the file and go from there...
No way this file is unsafe with all you guys using it with no problems...

Crickets....crickets....crickets...I hope!! Hahaha...thanks guys!!

Last edited:

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
Recipe:
PG Level 70.00%
VG Level 30.00%
Flavor Level 30.00%
Amount to Make 15.000 ml

I Get the following: (Pretty Close)
PG 35.8% 15.37 ml
VG 28.2% 4.23 ml

Reactions: 67Tele

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Hey All
I got some NET extracts from a very generous ECFer who was getting rid of his surplus. This will be my first time mixing and using the Recipe Calculator (thanks @HotRod19579 !)

Nicotine, PG/VG from Wizard Labs. Scale, gloves, eye protection, syringes, needles, filters, even more bottles and a buncha other stuff from Amazon (after getting great advice from @Boxster and @usr/ and @Str8vision on supplies and methods.)

Using 100 mg nicotine, one ingredient, at 70PG/30VG. Can y'all "check my math" before I dive in? Especially the nicotine level.

Recipe:
PG Level 70.00%
VG Level 30.00%
Flavor Level 30.00%
Amount to Make 15.000 ml

PG 34.00% 102.0 5.284 g 5.100 ml
VG 30.00% 90.0 5.621 g 4.500 ml

Many thanks!

I think I reached my tagging limit...hehe

Spend a moment and do this:

put an empty syringe that can measure accurately 1ml on the scale. Zero it out. Take the syringe and extract exactly 1ml of nicotine and put it on the scale. In the editor, be sure to put the resulting number as the weight per ml for your nic.

Some people do not feel this level of exactness is needed for most ingredients (and stick to PG weight for ingredients that are 100%PG) but when you are dealing with 100mg nic in a small batch, it makes a bigger difference if you are off in weight.

Might be a good idea to do the same with the NET with a clean syringe. NET's can vary also.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ

Thanks CrazyChef...both these links work fine...but as I commented to "penguiness"...I can download the file...but my Norton deletes it saying its unsafe....**SIGH**.....will have to look at my settings and see if I can let Nanny Norton know that its a safe file!!

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin

Thanks @28if ! Pretty close. i'll try again after doing penguiness' recommendation.

Spend a moment and do this:

put an empty syringe that can measure accurately 1ml on the scale. Zero it out. Take the syringe and extract exactly 1ml of nicotine and put it on the scale. In the editor, be sure to put the resulting number as the weight per ml for your nic.

Some people do not feel this level of exactness is needed for most ingredients (and stick to PG weight for ingredients that are 100%PG) but when you are dealing with 100mg nic in a small batch, it makes a bigger difference if you are off in weight.

Might be a good idea to do the same with the NET with a clean syringe. NET's can vary also.

thank y'all. Will do. I was wondering about the calibrations and levels.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Thanks CrazyChef...both these links work fine...but as I commented to "penguiness"...I can download the file...but my Norton deletes it saying its unsafe....**SIGH**.....will have to look at my settings and see if I can let Nanny Norton know that its a safe file!!
Norton is giving the warning because 100's of 1000's of people haven't downloaded/installed the program. Sorry, I forget what you have to click but when you get the warning screen there is a way to click on one of the options in the message and tell Norton that you want to install it anyway. I can assure you that it isn't dangerous, Norton is only creating the warning because from Norton's standpoint it is not a well-known program.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
As an early adopter of this awesomeness I'm very impressed. I've been MIA for a long time and this calculator just leaped from one of best to THE calculator. Congrats HotRod!

The only issue I have with it is still modifying/building from ingredients amount. Since I mix by weight this is often annoying. Let me try to demonstrate it.
Let's say, according to inventory I have 7 ml/gr of a given flavor, and my 90 ml recipe calls for 5 ml/gr and now I know that with just 2ml/gr left I will not be able to make 90ml again.

Let's say I pour it all the flavor, and it's 7,2 ml (7,429gr).
Is there an easy way of use all of those 7,2 ml, and the other ingredients automatically adjust accordingly, keeping their ratios and adjusting final volume?

AFAIK, when modyfing/bulding I have to manually adjust every ingredient because there's no option to lock the ratios.

I usually, as workaround, try to modify the recipe's final volume to get as close as possible but, it's a pain sometimes.

Is there a better way, is it already implemented and I just don't know, can it be added?
I like this idea. Let me give some thought to it and figure out a good way to implement it.

Maybe something you can click when you have a recipe displayed where the recipe can adjust itself to meet the amount of inventory you have on hand.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
Norton is giving the warning because 100's of 1000's of people haven't downloaded/installed the program. Sorry, I forget what you have to click but when you get the warning screen there is a way to click on one of the options in the message and tell Norton that you want to install it anyway. I can assure you that it isn't dangerous, Norton is only creating the warning because from Norton's standpoint it is not a well-known program.

Exactly......I just saw the reason it did and I just restored it and told it to shut up and let me have some fun with my Mad Scientist ejuice Lab...hahaha...
Its all good..thank for your hard work here and for your response!!!

Reactions: penguiness

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Exactly......I just saw the reason it did and I just restored it and told it to shut up and let me have some fun with my Mad Scientist Ejuice Lab...hahaha...
Its all good..thank for your hard work here and for your response!!!

When you know this is likely to happen (like when you want to get the newest version of this great program) you can open Norton, go to Advanced, and turn Download Adviser off for 15 minutes. It's less aggravating that way.:D

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
When you know this is likely to happen (like when you want to get the newest version of this great program) you can open Norton, go to Advanced, and turn Download Adviser off for 15 minutes. It's less aggravating that way.:D

Thanks for the input...I had not thought of doing that but that makes sense....

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
A suggestion. Really only helpful when adding a ton of flavors. I had to add over 200 flavors at a single sitting. I found that while I was really getting into it I would come across a new manufacturer and have to exit out of Ingredients and go to manage manufacturers (something like that) then go back to adding ingredients.

Perhaps a method to get to manage manufacturers from the ingredients screen?

I might have missed something and there might be an easier way??

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbellie

Zazzer

Aug 6, 2014
Dundalk, MD, USA
I might have missed something but for some reason I have not noticed my inventory changing after I make a recipe I have only made like 5 Juices so far as I am a bit of a newbie.. I have been following for a long time and collecting flavors and finely have them logged in with cost, amount and mfg. But the flavors I have used it still shows the same amount I started with. I have been commending this Calculator to everyone I come across that mixes because HotRot has a Master Piece here. My Hat is off to you HotRod and a Contribution is coming your way!

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
^ Being new to this calculator also I am not sure but I believe once you make a recipe you need to hit the inventory button on the main screen. This asks if you want reduce inventory based on the current recipe.

If you're doing that then apparently I will not be of any help. I haven't reached the point of mixing with this calc yet. Still entering flavors, inventory and recipes...

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
^ Being new to this calculator also I am not sure but I believe once you make a recipe you need to hit the inventory button on the main screen. This asks if you want reduce inventory based on the current recipe.

If you're doing that then apparently I will not be of any help. I haven't reached the point of mixing with this calc yet. Still entering flavors, inventory and recipes...
You are correct. The only time the inventory values will update is when you click the inventory button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I have a new version of the calculator available for download, V6.0.2.0. It includes:

1. I added an option (Tools->Options, Ingredient defaults tab, Display ingredient tooltips). This option will turn on/off the tooltip that shows in the ingredient dropdown list on the recipe window.

2. I added another option (Tools->Options, General tab, Check for updates when started). This option will turn on/off the auto-update feature included in this version. Thanks to a lot of help from CrazyChef the calculator now has an auto-update feature. When the calculator launches it will check a website to see if there is a new version available. If there is you will receive a message telling you the version and asking if you want to install it. If you chose to install it, the update will be downloaded and you will get a message that the installation will begin when you close the calculator. There is also a way to manually check for updates, “Help->Check for updates->Check online for updates”.

3. Another thanks to CrazyChef. The installation always defaulted to an installation folder which depended on if you were installing the portable version or the standard setup. If you selected a folder other than the default, the setup program would force you to change the directory every time you installed a new version. The installation will now default to the directory that your current version is installed in.

One more thing, after you launch the calculator for the first time after installing V6.0.2.0 you will receive a message that V6.0.2.1 is available. I created another version (no changes) so that you could immediately see the auto-update feature and how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread