Halo juice with non Halo gear (long, long post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off cigs

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Started with Triton and TriBeCa, have tried various other halo juices and a few non halo juices. Only other juice I've liked was sweet vapes carmel Spanish gold, which I haven't vapes in a while now.

TriBeCa is my juice. Atty is a kayfun v4 clone. Mod is istick 30. Coil 2.5mm (usually) 1.4-1.8 ohm cotton wick. Currently at 5-8 watts. Not sure what happened, but used to be in the 10-13 watt range.

Liked the nautilus tanks, but wanted to make my own coils. No success with rebuilding those coil heads. Subtank mini with rba head was nice, never warmed to its look and size. Über toot uta2 clone has given me fits with either condensation and or leaking problems. Recently got goblin min. Maybe a bit too much flavor . . .still deciding. Don't like having to drain tank to fiddle with the build. Like the external air flow adjustment.

Like a ~ tight draw.

Kayfun v4 I like a lot.
Positives: glass tank, air flow adjustment, top fill, great flavor.
Negatives: adjusting air flow (mine often requires readjusting) not adjustable while vaping.
Would like it smaller.

Istick30: nice size and battery life, but has built in battery. Feel certain I can replace battery when it dies, as I had to do a hard reset to get it working again after pinching a coil with metal pliers while firing.
Needed to disconnect battery to bring it back to life. Looks straight forward to replace the battery.

Istick 60w tc looks nice. Replaceable 18650 battery. Small size. Doubt I'll ever use it over 13-14w or the temp controll mode.

Reasons I switched from halo tanks and batteries (do still use them upon occasion) : want glass tank, rebuildable coils, replaceable battery.

Have rebuilt halo coil heads for my friend ( former heavy smoker for ~ 45 years) but he says the rebuilds don't "hit" like the factory replacements. Wouldn't/couldn't elucidate more on "hit". Built them to speck from the great tutorial here. Only thing I can figure is the problem is maybe I have the coil placed too low in the head.

Wish Halo produced gear that addressed my wants.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Sorry for overlong post.

Halo has allowed me to stay smoke free for a year at the end of the month, and through exposure to their products has gotten one friend off cigs and snus, and another basically off cigs. The later uses Triton tanks exclusively.

Reactions: AngiBe

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Halo got me off of cigs 2 years ago with the G6 and Tribeca. Eventually got the Triton VW. I have since moved on to re-buildables and more advanced mods, TC, etc. But one thing hasn't changed...my love of Tribeca. Two years later and it's still all I vape.

And I'm happy to say that an ECF member sent a sample to a lab, and it came back Diketone-free!

I love you Halo, and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for the future...hardware wise, I doubt you can top Tribeca...can you? Can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread