Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Has anyone done a vertical coil in the taifun gt2 ?
I'm wanting a new tank for my dna200(s), the crown seems to be the front runner, but I can't bring myself to spend $50 on the tank & RBA section, considering I'm just so happy with my gt2, I would just like to get a little more air flow to make my gt2 more of a lung hitter. None of my other tanks compare to the gt2 in terms of flavor. (SqR, k4, lemo 2, fogger 4, etc)

Reactions: TrollDragon

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Has anyone done a vertical coil in the taifun gt2 ?
I'm wanting a new tank for my dna200(s), the crown seems to be the front runner, but I can't bring myself to spend $50 on the tank & RBA section, considering I'm just so happy with my gt2, I would just like to get a little more air flow to make my gt2 more of a lung hitter. None of my other tanks compare to the gt2 in terms of flavor. (SqR, k4, lemo 2, fogger 4, etc)
Just might want to consider a GS2 (GS2-22)

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I usually go through at least 75 ml of juice before servicing the wick/coil on my GS2. Last night I serviced it and it ended up "off" so I wicked it again and off to work where I wicked it again. Then on the 4th try I saw that I had the coil pushed down too close to the air outlet.....DUH. Back in business now.
(if I can count the wraps it's still good to go) I have some juice that I can't get through 5 ml before de-gunking, I avoid that type of juice nowadays.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I usually go through at least 75 ml of juice before servicing the wick/coil on my GS2. Last night I serviced it and it ended up "off" so I wicked it again and off to work where I wicked it again. Then on the 4th try I saw that I had the coil pushed down too close to the air outlet.....DUH. Back in business now.
(if I can count the wraps it's still good to go) I have some juice that I can't get through 5 ml before de-gunking, I avoid that type of juice nowadays.
your eyesight is good. i cant count the wraps even just after i re-coil! lol!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
will the unit operate properly if i remove the AFC ring ?? i prefer and airy draw anyways. Problem is the Xvostick is a side-by-side mod and the tube space can only fit attys upto 23.5mm.
Yes it will work fine. Size of ring is 23.75 mm od

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I may be venturing into the grey area with this post. I bought a Dicodes 2350 from the classifieds so it looks like I'll be retiring my Taifun "the Eye". As far as I know there has never been a Taifun "the Eye" in the classifieds. I'm pretty sure that's about to change.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I may be venturing into the grey area with this post. I bought a Dicodes 2350 from the classifieds so it looks like I'll be retiring my Taifun "the Eye". As far as I know there has never been a Taifun "the Eye" in the classifieds. I'm pretty sure that's about to change.
For the record, you beat me to that one. But thank you! I find I have little self control while browsing the classifieds (see no self control). I just got a dna 200 flask, I have another dna200 in a 3d printed box, and I'm getting a third in a metal box (that I'll build). I didn't need another mod, but I've wanted a dicodes for a while.

Use it in good health my friend! And post pictures and comparisons when you used it a while ;)

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt

I was watching that one too. Very good deal dwcraig1. Hope you enjoy it :) I am not yet into TC but I understand Dicodes are the best TC mods out there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
For the record, you beat me to that one. But thank you! I find I have little self control while browsing the classifieds (see no self control). I just got a dna 200 flask, I have another dna200 in a 3d printed box, and I'm getting a third in a metal box (that I'll build). I didn't need another mod, but I've wanted a dicodes for a while.

Use it in good health my friend! And post pictures and comparisons when you used it a while ;)

I think you are right, I saw a Taifun Skarabaeus once a few months ago, I thought it was regulated so I passed it up. I wish I had researched it because it was a real low price compared to what I paid a few weeks ago for one used listed on the TF/ Skarabaeus FB page. BTW, its a great semi-mech.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England

Did you snag Ian's DNA200 VF??? I am so jealous of that thing!!

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Did you snag Ian's DNA200 VF??? I am so jealous of that thing!!
Why yes I did. :D and I'm Insanely proud of it.

Made some new custom screens with a VF logo and my name.

BFDjPAQ.jpeg

ojmBcxU.jpeg

ieGc61x.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread