Has your nicotine levels increased or decreased?

Since starting my nicotine concentration has...

• Increased

• Stayed the same

• Decreased

• Has fluctuated (up & down & down & up)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
Sycamore, IL
I started at 24mg when I first picked up vaping. I am now down to 6 fairly regularly for deep pulls here and there. 3MG for more enjoyable flavors to have some nic, and 0mg for my absolutely favorite flavors because I just can't stop enjoying them and I don't need to be vaping hours of my favorite flavor with any nic when I can just take a tug of one of my other tanks to satisfy that need.

Shameless

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2015
Waterford, Mi
I am new to vaping and noticed that I am vaping pretty constantly. When I smoked cigs, I had one or two an hour. With vaping, the mod rarely leaves me.

I think that will change in time, but the amount of nicotine I ingest has to have quadrupled since I quit smoking.

My plan was to start at 18mg and work it down, but right now that's not possible, I've tried using 12mg, but feel cravings a lot more.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
I am new to vaping and noticed that I am vaping pretty constantly. When I smoked cigs, I had one or two an hour. With vaping, the mod rarely leaves me.

I think that will change in time, but the amount of nicotine I ingest has to have quadrupled since I quit smoking.

My plan was to start at 18mg and work it down, but right now that's not possible, I've tried using 12mg, but feel cravings a lot more.
Why such a rush? Decrease with a mg a time. Maybe .5 even. You won't even notice it.

Vapez

Shameless

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2015
Waterford, Mi
Yea ok - there is that option - but I just quit a month ago - and figuring out everything - what mods what tanks what watt what volt what drip tip what flavor, etc - you get the idea, is a little overwhelming. Mixing 18s and 12s and figuring out this flavor with this one - or buying 2 of the same at different strengths (when I'm buying oodles already just to figure out flavors I like to begin with) is a bit of a pain in the tushie! lol

Hopefully by the time I am ready to drop from 12 to 8 or 6 whichever is the highly available one - I will be more equipped to do that

Bakkenbaard

Nov 19, 2015
I would take your time if I were you.. If you take the steps to fast and you don't get "your rush" from it anymore, u will be more likely fall back to normal smoking..

My advice, don't rush it.. Whenever you get more powerful equipment in the future you will start to drop in nicotine level.. Till that time.. Stick to your nicotine level that gives you satisfaction..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Reactions: Shameless

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
the amount of nicotine I ingest has to have quadrupled since I quit smoking.
Depends what you mean by "ingest". The nic in vape is absorbed less efficiently (and quite a bit more slowly) than the nic in cigarette smoke. So while the total of mg in the juice you're vaping is probably higher than the rated mg in the cigs you used to smoke, the amount of nic in your blood is probably the same or lower.

Yea ok - there is that option - but I just quit a month ago - and figuring out everything - what mods what tanks what watt what volt what drip tip what flavor, etc - you get the idea, is a little overwhelming. Mixing 18s and 12s and figuring out this flavor with this one - or buying 2 of the same at different strengths (when I'm buying oodles already just to figure out flavors I like to begin with) is a bit of a pain in the tushie! lol
At only a month in, it's probably premature to think about about reducing nic, especially if doing so gives you cravings. Be happy that you're not smoking and use whatever nic level is sufficient to make sure you're not tempted to go back to traditional cigs.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway

Hopefully by the time I am ready to drop from 12 to 8 or 6 whichever is the highly available one - I will be more equipped to do that
Stay at your current level is my recommendation. You're just switching over. Your goal is to quit smoking for good, and you've come a long way already. I couldn't move from 18 to 12. You need less inbetween. If you don't want to diy, buy your juices x2. One in 18mg and one in 12mg. And dillute those in what level you think is good.

Vapez

Reactions: Shameless

W!llem

Nov 23, 2015
Started a couple of days ago with a kanger evod and bought the lowest available e liquid with nicotine (0-6). Its called green mint superlight. The other eliquid (american mix) really wasnt my taste. The green mint though is pretty good, but i wonder whether my nicotine intake is higher now compared to 'normal' marlboro gold cigarettes. All replies welcome!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Started a couple of days ago with a kanger evod and bought the lowest available e liquid with nicotine (0-6). Its called green mint superlight. The other eliquid (american mix) really wasnt my taste. The green mint though is pretty good, but i wonder whether my nicotine intake is higher now compared to 'normal' marlboro gold cigarettes. All replies welcome!
We'd have to start by knowing how much liquid you go through per day at what nicotine level...
And how many of those marlboros you smoked per day.

W!llem

Nov 23, 2015
We'd have to start by knowing how much liquid you go through per day at what nicotine level...
And how many of those marlboros you smoked per day.
Thank for your reply! I smoked about two/three packs of marlboro gold a week. I started with 6mg nicotine capsules. After 3 days i 'vaped away' a total of 2 ml probably. Id like to know how i can translate this amount to the amount of cigarettes id use to smoke. (In terms of nicotine level) Thanks and best regards!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Thank for your reply! I smoked about two/three packs of marlboro gold a week. I started with 6mg nicotine capsules. After 3 days i 'vaped away' a total of 2 ml probably. Id like to know how i can translate this amount to the amount of cigarettes id use to smoke. (In terms of nicotine level) Thanks and best regards!
I would say you should start here...
Explaining nicotine calculations and vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread