Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
One of my Sigeleis just stopped firing any atomizer. It's practically new. I bought it in September and have used it very little. I bought it because it's small and feels good in the hand.

It was working fine, then I took my tank off to fill it and it stopped firing. The problem is no atomizers will work on it now... it gives a reading "check atomizer".

I've tried several of my RBAs and RDAs and even some of my husbands and it says the same thing. I also made sure the pin in the sigelei wasn't stuck down or something. I changed the battery to be sure it wasn't something wrong in that area. Everything on the mod works fine except it just won't fire an atomizer. It won't read it all either. It doesn't show it's attached.

I've not dropped the mod. It hasn't been misused or anything. I just bought it 2 months ago and it barely has been used at all. No liquid has been spilled.

I've been vaping for over 4 years and this is the first time I've had one go out that fast. I'm going to take a volt meter to the firing pin and see if it's getting power. I'm thinking maybe something has loosened.

BTW: It's not a coil problem. All of my builds are between .5 and 1 ohms. At first I thought maybe my screw on my deck came loose. I checked and no it was fine. So I tried that atomizer on another mod and it worked fine. I tried it back on the Sigelei but the same issue.

I'm going to let it sit and see if maybe it was a glitch and it resets itself. If not, I guess it's a dead stick. No big deal I have a few dozen mods... but I really like this one. :(

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Wow! That sucks!

The only thing I can think of is that there is something causing a short in the 510 connection (sig part), either a tiny metal shard between the pin and the side (under the o-ring) or the pin being loose and misaligned. But you did not mention any cross-threading.

Is the o-ring/insulator still in place in the sig?

I am sorry I cant offer any decent advice on this, but I am crossing my fingers that it sorts itself out...

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Try the simplest thing first which is to clean the 510 and battery contacts with alcohol. Could be dirty or even a tiny metal shaving. I have a VF clone that I thought was dead because it wouldn't read anything. I cleaned the 510 and two nearly invisible metal shavings came out on the q tip. And guess what? Problem solved.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Cleaning the 510 is a good idea.

Yeah I cleaned it too, just forgot to mention that.

@Elizabeth Baldwin any update on your Sig situation?

I let it rest over night and tried to fire it... a no go.

So I took it apart to see if maybe a wire to the firing pin came loose or something. Nothing was loose. It looked good. I put it back together and tried it out. Oddly enough it worked one time then quit firing again. So, I'm assuming it's a short on the board. I bought it at DeadModz in Sept so I'm not sure about any warranty. I Have dozens and dozens off mods so it's not that big of a deal. I may go check out their warranty sections to see just for the heck of it.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Yeah I cleaned it too, just forgot to mention that.

I let it rest over night and tried to fire it... a no go.

So I took it apart to see if maybe a wire to the firing pin came loose or something. Nothing was loose. It looked good. I put it back together and tried it out. Oddly enough it worked one time then quit firing again. So, I'm assuming it's a short on the board. I bought it at DeadModz in Sept so I'm not sure about any warranty. I Have dozens and dozens off mods so it's not that big of a deal. I may go check out their warranty sections to see just for the heck of it.

That is a shame :(
I hope Deadmodz sort it out, 2 months should be well within the replacement period, Sig themselves give 6 months or something I think.

Good luck with getting a replacement one, I have been using my Sig daily for nearly a year now and love it (in a platonic way).

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
That is a shame :(
I hope Deadmodz sort it out, 2 months should be well within the replacement period, Sig themselves give 6 months or something I think.

Good luck with getting a replacement one, I have been using my Sig daily for nearly a year now and love it (in a platonic way).

Yeah I have 3 others and had them for a while. They work flawlessly. It was a shock when this one broke. I hadn't even used it much at all. I'd say it was used a handful of times over that 2 month period. Any company will send out a dud once in a blue moon, it's how they handle that dud that matters. We will see.

Reactions: DoubleEwe

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Wow! I just figured I'd try it out again and it's working. Yesterday it fired once then stopped. It seems to be working fine right now, but I still think there's a short going to the firing pin.

I sent an email to Sigelei because where I bought it only has a Dead On Arrival warranty. I don't think it will continue to work though. I will vape on it for a while and see what happens though! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread