Sub Ohm Charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
Hello,

I am pretty confused by these charts, I have seen them from time to time. They are supposed to give you the ideal wattage/voltage settings for your device. At the moment, i am using 0.5 ohms on my MVP 3.0. I usually vape it around 40-45W. According to these charts, I am supposed to vape around 27 watts. At wattage that low, It feels like... a very poor quality vaping experience. There is frankly not enough vapor.

I guess what i am asking is if these charts or any good, or should I just ignore them, I might possibly need another device to get the vape experience I am looking for?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello,

I am pretty confused by these charts, I have seen them from time to time. They are supposed to give you the ideal wattage/voltage settings for your device. At the moment, i am using 0.5 ohms on my MVP 3.0. I usually vape it around 40-45W. According to these charts, I am supposed to vape around 27 watts. At wattage that low, It feels like... a very poor quality vaping experience. There is frankly not enough vapor.

I guess what i am asking is if these charts or any good, or should I just ignore them, I might possibly need another device to get the vape experience I am looking for?

Which charts?

They are probably charts based on a particular wire gauge and coil setup: based on your 27 watt number, I'd say those charts you are referring to are specifically for 28 gauge kanthal dual coil.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
Which charts?

They are probably charts based on a particular wire gauge and coil setup: based on your 27 watt number, I'd say those charts you are referring to are specifically for 28 gauge kanthal dual coil.

Thanks, and charts like these.
Vdqe8CU2U0NLTsgkCRHIrAzyjOR7-H7AlIhNXDkn8ONG_7xTtuU1NjU7CaKP6qrw7uJ7TDiSE6AQOZi_IBpwHGbqKU9IylXiK7mhsx9qz2gJC_kq4p0l-DU212TyVwkwpg

It sounds like you're telling me to ignore them? I am using a Uwell sub ohm tank at 0.5 ohms. I recently ordered 0.25 ohm coils(i will get them within the next couple of days)

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks, and charts like these.
Vdqe8CU2U0NLTsgkCRHIrAzyjOR7-H7AlIhNXDkn8ONG_7xTtuU1NjU7CaKP6qrw7uJ7TDiSE6AQOZi_IBpwHGbqKU9IylXiK7mhsx9qz2gJC_kq4p0l-DU212TyVwkwpg

It sounds like you're telling me to ignore them? I am using a Uwell sub ohm tank at 0.5 ohms. I recently ordered 0.25 ohm coils(i will get them within the next couple of days)

All that chart seems to saying is : volts = amps x ohms
The numbers in the body of the chart is amps.
The red is when amps is over 30 amps; that corresponds to vtc4 battery.
The yellow is when amps is over 20 amps;

and the green is when amps is less than 20 amps.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
All that chart seems to saying is : volts = amps x ohms
The numbers in the body of the chart is amps.
The red is when amps is over 30 amps; that corresponds to vtc4 battery.
The yellow is when amps is over 20 amps;

and the green is when amps is less than 20 amps.

Yes, I apologize that was a bad example. I was busy and I just randomly grabbed a chart that looked like the type I was referring to. But you're right it's amps. Here is one more specific.
396bb3e96cecb60e1d249406a934ef24.jpg

This is the chart I am talking about. There are many more charts like it. As you can see according to this chart I should be vaping at 24.50 watts which for me is ridiculously low.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Yes, I apologize that was a bad example. I was busy and I just randomly grabbed a chart that looked like the type I was referring to. But you're right it's amps. Here is one more specific.
396bb3e96cecb60e1d249406a934ef24.jpg

This is the chart I am talking about. There are many more charts like it. As you can see according to this chart I should be vaping at 24.50 watts which for me is ridiculously low.

That charts shows a voltage starting at 3.50 volts and going up to 4.20 volts.
That tells me the chart is really meant for people using mechanical mods;
it basically seems to aim for about 7 amps of amp draw from the battery.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
That charts shows a voltage starting at 3.50 volts and going up to 4.20 volts.
That tells me the chart is really meant for people using mechanical mods;
it basically seems to aim for about 7 amps of amp draw from the battery.

So it sounds like you're telling me I can have a higher amp draw because my device is variable and not to worry about it?

Bubsmash

Nov 22, 2015
When it comes to any chart I would not trust any made up chart. Go by what your calculations are. Side by side my girl friend and I have the exact same devices same tanks same coils everything is the same. My coil read out reads 0.59 Ohm her device reads 0.60 Ohm right on the money. It is always good practice to not put your faith just in some chart. Any chart I have ever had to follow by is allot of the times a great guid line to follow by but that is it.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
When it comes to any chart I would not trust any made up chart. Go by what your calculations are. Side by side my girl friend and I have the exact same devices same tanks same coils everything is the same. My coil read out reads 0.59 Ohm her device reads 0.60 Ohm right on the money. It is always good practice to not put your faith just in some chart. Any chart I have ever had to follow by is allot of the times a great guid line to follow by but that is it.

okay thanks, I will just ignore the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread