Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Basically, a fashionable, but long lasting, ego battery ;)

I entered their FB contest to win one. It's doesn't fulfill my needs, but it's nice to see some effort and innovation (of design) for beginning vapors.
I think so too. They are marketing it as a starter kit, that said I use an egrip when I run out and about, and this set up has the ability to get cleaned easier.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I think so too. They are marketing it as a starter kit, that said I use an egrip when I run out and about, and this set up has the ability to get cleaned easier.
Still concerned what the set voltage or wattage is. 12 W is far too high for me, with a 1.5ohm. And I won't even touch a .75 I don't think.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
my guess is 3.7 volts which would make about 17 watts for the .75 and a bit over 9 watts for the 1.5 coils

Reactions: Oregon Linda

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
According to the description it's unregulated..
3) Direct output voltage system is applied in the iStick basic. The higher the battery level, the higher the output voltage
This would work well with my Line by Van they are 14mm genie's.
Will have to look into this more..

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
The magnetic thing is odd.
If it didn't use the magnetic adapter and just had a 510 screw-in there would be a pretty fair chance of the atty opening up when you tried to unscrew it from the mod.

You know how unscrews can be.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
If it didn't use the magnetic adapter and just had a 510 screw-in there would be a pretty fair chance of the atty opening up when you tried to unscrew it from the mod.

You know how unscrews can be.

And easier for an air flow adjustment.

They have just the batt for $19.90 and their current Black Friday sale has 15% off on all products

[Retail Sales] Black Friday Sales!

and another 8% using Code "Avpforum"

Discount of Forum Code Updated to 8% OFF! 8% off Coupon Code!

HG has almost always allowed more than one coupon - not sure about this one. And it's still a pre-order so no delivery date....

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Interesting - eleaf 'basic side by side:

05a193f035c2b85d3d55cd2fc1462a9f_g.jpg

Eleaf iStick Basic Kit with GS-Air 2 Atomizer

Good sign that Eleaf's getting to side by side. This one won't cut it for me with the 14mm atomizer limitation. But could be the beginning of others from them.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Good sign that Eleaf's getting to side by side. This one won't cut it for me with the 14mm atomizer limitation. But could be the beginning of others from them.

Agree. I look at it as a small box eGo :- ) I'm guessing any 14mm 510 topper (with non-eGo threading)* will work.

*maybe with an adapter, but that may defeat the stealth aspect.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Agree. I look at it as a small box eGo :- ) I'm guessing any 14mm 510 topper (with non-eGo threading)* will work.

*maybe with an adapter, but that may defeat the stealth aspect.

Break out your old Kayfun Mini! ;)

Eleaf's quick to market, so if they're gonna get into it side by side for bigger attys it won't be a long wait.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Has Kat seen this yet?

I like the orig. gs airs, not a huge fan of the M or MS. Love the idea of side by side. I want to see the other side (and inside) but there aren't any pics. Grrr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pokes, I had not seen it. My first thought (extremely initial) was that it might be like the NE-box. But noooooooooooo. Cute idea with the magnetic connector, but yes (fourth) a teensy tank, and NO variable anything. Gotta have the "V"!

I do believe the addition of a swappable batt might increase the size a bit.

It's definitely cute, and definitely on the right track. I doubt I'd be an early adopter'er tho. :) It IS named correctly: Basic. (and agree it could be useful for very beginning vapors and vaporettes)

Here's a short video on it. The magnetic thing is odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. It's huge wapor. Yeah.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
A short review of the Mini Jedi 50w.

I like it.

Here it is with the GS Tank. The drip tip is on there because I use it with my passthrough mod.

MiniJedi.jpg

OK, a little more info.

I thought it might be uncomfortable in hand because of the sharp looking edges. It's not bad. I think it's because it's so narrow and the edges are beveled.

The screen is very easy to read with large bright numbers.

It reads my GS Tank perfectly at 1.5 ohms. Center pin does not float but connected fine to my Nautilus and GS Tank. SS threads.

Buttons feel good and work well, very clicky. The up and down buttons rattle a tiny bit but you really have to shake it.

Battery is easy to insert and remove because of the screw that tightens/loosens with a coin. Battery cover fits well.

I bought 2 from VapeNW for a total of $44.98.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR

I like it.

Here it is with the GS Tank. The drip tip is on there because I use it with my passthrough mod.

View attachment 509933

OK, a little more info.

I thought it might be uncomfortable in hand because of the sharp looking edges. It's not bad. I think it's because it's so narrow and the edges are beveled.

It reads my GS Tank perfectly at 1.5 ohms. Center pin does not float but connected fine to my Nautilus and GS Tank. SS threads.

Buttons feel good and work well, very clicky. The up and down buttons rattle a tiny bit but you really have to shake it.

Battery is easy to insert and remove because of the screw that tightens/loosens with a coin. Battery cover fits well.

I picked up 2 of these for my vapocalypse stash and really like them! I'm actually wishing that I'd bought 4. They are small and a good fit in the hand, and they just work with no fuss. I'm using a Smok AFC on the threads, so not worried about the center pin floating.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

I like it.

View attachment 509933

OK, a little more info.

Thanks for the review. I'm checking it out now.

Reactions: Oregon Linda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread