Smok TFV4 Sub Ohm Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piotr

Oct 21, 2015
Howdy folks. Got an issue and thought you might be the ones who could help.

BF's got a TFV4 that's been working well for the past few months and now out of the blue, every time you fill it juice just pours out the AFC ring. I'm talking like a ml or more in a couple of seconds! He's wasted at least a whole bottle of juice since this began and the only juice he'll vape isn't a cheap one.

He loves this tank, but if I can't figure out what the problem is, it's no good to him. He works construction and needs to be able to fill on the fly without wearing the juice.

The tank has had multiple different coils (all tri, he likes those the best) since this started, I swapped his glass to the spare thinking it had a crack or chip, his o-rings seem to be in ok condition and the top grommet in the fill port has a minor tear where the lip inside the fill hole is starting to come off, but otherwise in good condition.

I've tried blocking the air holes while filling, turning upside down right after filling (just as messy a result if not more), attempting to force a "dry" hit by firing repeatedly without air flow to burn off extra juice in the chamber, immediately drawing air flow... nothing seems to work.

Anybody got any ideas or know what the problem might be? I'll try anything to fix it, I can't afford this amount of juice wastage and don't have the spare cash to buy him a new tank! He only has the one setup, so this is a priority fix for us.

I'll try to post pics of the insides when he empties the current tank. Perhaps you might see something I didn't.

you might also check out my post about leaking... TFV4 Leaking through coil?

maybe you have the same issue... maybe not. i had broken top oring (glas-chimney)

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia
I didn't like any of the coils that came with the Mini. Clouds were good, Flavor was horrible. Using the RBA coil exclusively. Problem is, once I went through the pre-installed wire I rebuilt with the extra one then ordered a pack of 30 pre-made's from Vapor Beast. Little did I know that 28/24 wouldn't fit under the damn coil screws.

Anyone know what size the extra wire is?

Foggin MooSe

Nov 24, 2015
Hard to say for me. I've had mine for 3 weeks and only just changed out the triple for a quad. The triple seemed to need more power, around 100w or else it would spit but the flavour was intense all be it on the hot side. I convinced myself the flavour was getting drier so swapped out to a quad. This fella seems to like 80w for an even more intense flavour and maybe smoother vape. I also get the feeling it wicks better due to its construction.
Good job really as I bought a pack of quad coils based on most popular opinions.
An awesome vape though. The flavour and clouds are just great.
Looking forward to trying out the RBA base.

Reactions: Cacique

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Similar to my experiences, those are the only coils I've tried. I do have the single and dual RBAs, and they work great IMO, though I've yet to get a built in it that I'm happy with, so I end up going back to my drippers. Right now I have a single clapton in the single coil RBA, 24g kanthal with 36g nichrome over, 6 wraps at 3mm coming in at around .6 ohms. Great clouds and wicks perfectly, pushing 40 watts on that, but the flavor seems so muted compared to my dripper. I have the same coil, but dual coils for .3 ohms in my dripper, pushing 75-100w and the flavor is just ridiculously better. Compared to the pre-made coils, though, I would say the flavor is similar, though with less vapor. I'll have to try a quad coil again to compare.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
After some serious juice consumption I'm definitely preferring the quad coil. I've got Cloud Island butterscotch custard loaded up and it feels like I'm drinking it!
Seriously thirsty tank though and vaping at 80 - 100w eats the batteries.
Is there a more economical vape that can still give the flavour and cloud?

Yep it's call making your own juice sorry. If there was such a battery and tank the big guzzlers would not have came out.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
12341194_480906875414084_1002436915702560623_n.png

Azzitude

Feb 12, 2015
"Seemed better" is pretty scientific. :lol:

Like I said, battery ratings from the manufacturers can vary....charts I've seen show both the VTC5s and 25Rs discharging similarly @ 35A. Either way no one is going to be running a continuous >40A pull from dual batteries since most high watt mods (including the Snow Wolf 200W) have an amp limit of 40A (on the board). The burst limits are obviously higher than their continuous ratings on either of these cells anyway...so there really wouldn't be a difference in stress.

By all means, use whichever batteries you feel the most comfortable with, I'm just saying it's hard to go wrong with the current name brand lineup of batteries...I just went with the cheapest option.

The DNA200 can pull 65A on the right build and the Red AWT 3000mAh 40A Batteries are better than anything Sony ever produced for all mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread