classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I hate to intrude on all the hilarity, but I actually have a serious question about my Kabukis. Yeah, I know, there's one in every crowd..

Anyhow, most of the time when I remove the tank to refill, the coil stays in the base. I have a pair of small needle nose pliers but the sight of those steel jaws inside that fragile quartz makes me queasy. Considering I broke my first tank almost immediately without ever having filled it, this extra step in refilling bothers me.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried installing the coils barely snug, tight, and really tight without using tools. Nothing has helped so far. Any ideas?

Now, back to the the hilarity. I just placed my 5th order since the sales started. Damn you, Zen! I am starting to have tennis elbow from all the scrolling I've done.

And since it's almost finished I don't feel guilty mentioning that perhaps people might buy (or at least check out) the Challenge Coin. Unless you're allergic to eggs, that is.

My 510 sometimes sticks in the top too...but mostly, if I get it tight to the base it's good for a few fills.
And yea, really skeery taking the needle nose pliers to loosen it !

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I can't wait to hear what you get. I don't trust Mike's sense of humor enough to actually buy one. Considering how he seems to conduct himself though, I think there's a pretty good chance the buyers will be really happy.

Mike has a great sense of humor and a huge generous heart...I think the Mystery Boxes will be a lot of fun !

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I hate to intrude on all the hilarity, but I actually have a serious question about my Kabukis. Yeah, I know, there's one in every crowd..

Anyhow, most of the time when I remove the tank to refill, the coil stays in the tank. I have a pair of small needle nose pliers but the sight of those steel jaws inside that fragile quartz makes me queasy. Considering I broke my first tank almost immediately without ever having filled it, this extra step in refilling bothers me.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried installing the coils barely snug, tight, and really tight without using tools. Nothing has helped so far. Any ideas?

Now, back to the the hilarity. I just placed my 5th order since the sales started. Damn you, Zen! I am starting to have tennis elbow from all the scrolling I've done.

And since it's almost finished I don't feel guilty mentioning that perhaps people might buy (or at least check out) the Challenge Coin. Unless you're allergic to eggs, that is.

Leave it in. It'll get you extra 1/2 ml or so. I do it all the time.

I'm very serious.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

I'm very serious.
What he said, it works for me, too.

I would caution and say that leaving it in. Puts you at risk of the bottom not sealing properly upon reassembly.

Just my two cents, Jim

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I would caution and say that leaving it in. Puts you at risk of the bottom not sealing properly upon reassembly.

Just my two cents, Jim

Feel free to caution, Turf, but I celebrate every time it sticks, and have yet to have a problem.

Like Alfred E.,me. "What, me worry?"

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
The whole thing cracked me up...I read it to Steve...and he is the one that said buy it !

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Shock, is right!!!!!!!!!!!! You go, girl!

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing! I'm in agreement. When that little coil sticks into the chimney, it's like a double win for me. A bit more eliquid fits and it works every time. Funnily enuf, you can't make that happen.

Konsider it destiny. ;)

Zen will absolutely disagree. Bring in on, Master Z. :D

matcas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Los Angeles Calif.

Anyhow, most of the time when I remove the tank to refill, the coil stays in the tank. I have a pair of small needle nose pliers but the sight of those steel jaws inside that fragile quartz makes me queasy. Considering I broke my first tank almost immediately without ever having filled it, this extra step in refilling bothers me.

I did the same thing the other day new glass ordered.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central

I'm very serious.

I only briefly considered that option as my immediate thought was that the coil threads might not want to start in the base. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it that way next time.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
So... You're the T&B Snipper?!?

Which ones did you get?

LOLz, Jim
I got a gold on one order and a black on another, plus a dripper cap, maybe I'll get some use out of them, I'm not even sure if they will mate up with the atomizers I have...lol

bargain bin shopping is fun :)

Thanks @Zen~ Meister!!!

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
The coil staying in the chimney should work fine, just be aware if you have connection issues after it's probably the 510 pin pushed up off the mod pin (and you'll have to readjust it all).
My Dani does this, but it has a strong spring... and I'm lazy and undo the Kabuki on it. lol

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I got a gold on one order and a black on another, plus a dripper cap, maybe I'll get some use out of them, I'm not even sure if they will mate up with the atomizers I have...lol
I missed out on Friday, But did pick up a tank and drip tip on Monday.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
I've had some recent experience opening up Kabukis. Initially I followed Zens advice and used the airflow wrench to open. Then hand tightened the coil in place. On 3 tanks so far I have not had the base back out with the coil in the chimney. Also important is following the video instructions for tightening the tube back until you feel the click then following the thread path. Having said all that, the threads in the chimney or on your current coil sound stickey. Will be happy to post some vid if you in a PM if ya like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread