Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Not sure it is important but I quit smoking about 4 months ago, but decided I might try vaping. Was smoking about a pack a day of Marlboro Ultralights (though I preferred Lights). Plan is to vape 0% nicotine.

So, after reading a some reviews and posts here and other places, here is what I am thinking of getting:
  • Kanger SUBOX Mini Starter Kit
  • Efest 18650 2500mAh Flat-Top Battery
  • Nitecore Digicharger D2

Along with several flavors to try like:
  • USA Blend Tobacco E Juice Baker Vapor
  • Hawk Sauce E Juice Baker Vapor
  • Afternoon Delight E Juice Baker Vapor
  • German Chocolate Beefcake

Also, I love to tinker so I think I would like to play around with making my own coils so I am also thinking of getting:
  • UD Tech Master Kit
  • 26g Vapowire Kanthal Wire - 30ft
  • SmokTech Omnitester
  • Kanger Mini RBA Plus Deck for Subtank Mini and Plus
  • Comp Wire Clapton Coils by Wotofo (to try what this coil can do)
  • KOGA 100% Organic Japanese Cotton

I am not too worried about budget, just something that will last more than a couple of months and give me an excellent experience.

Am i going overboard?
What changes should I make to the above?
Any other thoughts (and I mean any... good or bad... I am plenty OLD enough to take it :)

Thanks!

Recommended Samsung25r batteries over Efest.

What kind of mod are you getting

Would recommend one of these.

IPV D2
Evic VTC MINI
Kanger Subox
Istick60tc

All of these use a single 18650 and do 60-75 watts.

Also there is a contest for Smok Koopor and tfv4 tanks. Enter the contest you may win some frse gear.

Mikla

Nov 21, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Thanks Two_Bears! I ended up with a Istick TC60W with a Triton tank. I did get the Efest (they were out of everything else) but have some 25r and VTC4s on the way. I've also ordered a Reuleaux DNA 200 and a Aromamizer RDTA (wife will get iStick). Then I had to get all the coil build stuff. Then (after participating in the contest and associated forum quite a bit that you mentioned) I decided I needed to mix my own juice so bought the stuff and 35 flavors. There are a few other things to be thrown in there as well that I am probably forgetting. Guess I jumped in the deep end :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks Two_Bears! I ended up with a Istick TC60W with a Triton tank. I did get the Efest (they were out of everything else) but have some 25r and VTC4s on the way. I've also ordered a Reuleaux DNA 200 and a Aromamizer RDTA (wife will get iStick). Then I had to get all the coil build stuff. Then (after participating in the contest and associated forum quite a bit that you mentioned) I decided I needed to mix my own juice so bought the stuff and 35 flavors. There are a few other things to be thrown in there as well that I am probably forgetting. Guess I jumped in the deep end :)

Yep you sure did jump in the deep end.

Since you are going to DIY juice I have a few suggestions

1 get some syringes and dedicate it exclusively for nicotine. I painted a big red X with fingernail polish. The VG PG and flavors can be cross contaminated and sterilized easily.

2. Put the nic and flavors in a safe place where pets and kids won't get into it

3. Download an ejuice calculator and learn how to use it.

4. Start off making 3-5 ml batches in case you can't stsnt to vape the stuff. No great loss if you have to toss it. If you get a good batch of the happy dance. Write the proportions down and multiply it by 10 if you made a 3 ml batch or multiply by 6 if you did s 5 ml batch go fill a 30 ml bottle

5. Start with 50-75,% ss much flavor as it directs. You can always add more flavor but not take it out. Some of the flavors are potent.

Mikla

Nov 21, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Yep you sure did jump in the deep end.

Since you are going to DIY juice I have a few suggestions

1 get some syringes and dedicate it exclusively for nicotine. I painted a big red X with fingernail polish. The VG PG and flavors can be cross contaminated and sterilized easily.

2. Put the nic and flavors in a safe place where pets and kids won't get into it

3. Download an ejuice calculator and learn how to use it.

4. Start off making 3-5 ml batches in case you can't stsnt to vape the stuff. No great loss if you have to toss it. If you get a good batch of the happy dance. Write the proportions down and multiply it by 10 if you made a 3 ml batch or multiply by 6 if you did s 5 ml batch go fill a 30 ml bottle

5. Start with 50-75,% ss much flavor as it directs. You can always add more flavor but not take it out. Some of the flavors are potent.
Thanks! I am only doing 0% nic so luckily I don't have to worry about that. I got a couple of the ejuice calculators and think I have a pretty good handle on them. I even wrote an Add-On for eJuice Me Up here. I also got a bunch of recipes from a forum member, DCFluegel, to help me get started on some proven good tasting juice (hopefully I will like it). But the small batch idea is a great one!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks! I am only doing 0% nic so luckily I don't have to worry about that. I got a couple of the ejuice calculators and think I have a pretty good handle on them. I even wrote an Add-On for eJuice Me Up here. I also got a bunch of recipes from a forum member, DCFluegel, to help me get started on some proven good tasting juice (hopefully I will like it). But the small batch idea is a great one!
Always glad to help when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread