I bought a Rafale Subohm Tank with Parallel 0.5ohm, stainless steel coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riksel`

Nov 29, 2015
My question is, i have a Wismec Rx200 and i use the old Uwell tank and i vape with 0.5ohm coils in wattage mode with wattage around 35-40. so if i use this New Rafale Uwell 0.5ohms tank, it says the coils are stainless steel coil, do i have to vape it in Stainless steel temp mode or i can just vape it in Wattage mode in my Wismec Rx200. I always vape in Wattage mode because i get confused to use the other modes but if i have to use the stainless steel mode then what temperature should i vape to get good clouds with moderate flavor. I am new to vaping so please help. Thank you.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Stainless will go either way. Do you know the alloy of stainless in your coils? The stock algorithm for TC in the RX is set for 304. If you're using any other grade you'll have to upgrade to the V3.0 firmware and set the wire's TCR in one of the memory slots for TC to work right. Or ignore it, and use wattage mode. I often do. Regarding settings, wattage in TC doesn't matter much so long as you aren't getting excessive ramp time (the time it takes for the coil to get hot enough to make vapor; this can be a problem with complex and massive coil builds) as the mod treats your wattage setting as a "do not exceed" limit, rather than a vape setting. In TC mode, amount and temp of vapor is controlled by the temp setting. I personally like about 550degF, but that's both individual and will vary with juice, coil type, and wire alloy.

Riksel`

Nov 29, 2015
You should be able to use either mode.. can't help on what setting to use. But as always it's best to start at the lowest and work your way up till you reach the vape you want. The MODE you use should only change the calculations and materials involved not the way you vape.
I feel more comfortable using the Wattage mode, so that means i can use my SS coils in my Rafale Uwell tank in Wattage mode right? i mean its safe right? please reply asap thank you

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I feel more comfortable using the Wattage mode, so that means i can use my SS coils in my Rafale Uwell tank in Wattage mode right? i mean its safe right? please reply asap thank you

Safe? As apposed to what? Smoking?
The metal used to make the wire and the formulas used to calculate regulattory adjustments isn't really the determining factor for safe vaping. So long as the final ohm of your coil results in a amp draw within limits of the batteries and mod. You will be safe, electrically.

Titanium and nickle on the other hand may not be safe in VW or VV modes. Due to these metals can off gas toxins when heated to much.

Riksel`

Nov 29, 2015
Stainless will go either way. Do you know the alloy of stainless in your coils? The stock algorithm for TC in the RX is set for 304. If you're using any other grade you'll have to upgrade to the V3.0 firmware and set the wire's TCR in one of the memory slots for TC to work right. Or ignore it, and use wattage mode. I often do. Regarding settings, wattage in TC doesn't matter much so long as you aren't getting excessive ramp time (the time it takes for the coil to get hot enough to make vapor; this can be a problem with complex and massive coil builds) as the mod treats your wattage setting as a "do not exceed" limit, rather than a vape setting. In TC mode, amount and temp of vapor is controlled by the temp setting. I personally like about 550degF, but that's both individual and will vary with juice, coil type, and wire alloy.
okay then i will just stick with the wattage mode for the stainless steel coil on the Rafale Uwell tank on WismecRx200

Reactions: suprtrkr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread