Sense Herakles Plus thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drinkmixer84

Jun 7, 2013
las vegas
Didn't see a thread for this tank yet but it definitely deserves one. I've had mine for a little less than a month and love it so far.

I'm wondering if anyone's tried the nickel coil with it. I didn't have a very good experience with sense and their original Herakles nickel coils. I'm hoping they've fixed that issue...

Reactions: Katmar

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Thanks for starting a thread on this tank. I've had mine for just 10 days or so and am really liking the vape so far. I've only used on juice with it and have been kind of locked in vaping it with the bottom air and drip tip air flows both set about half way open and juice slots about half. It's kind of hard to even hook up my original Herakles anymore.

drinkmixer84

Jun 7, 2013
las vegas
With the old herakles tank, I had bought a couple packs of nickel coils and they were terrible, one pack had 2 out of 5 that actually worked and even when they worked they seemed to fail after a few days. Keep in mind, their kanthal coils were always excellent.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the Herakles plus, it's an amazing tank. I've been extremely happy with it.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Just got an email with an an announcement of the new Herakles v2 to start shipping in Feb. Looks like it will take the same coils, but it only has a 2ml capacity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The HP, personally has the best flavor of any sub ohm tank on the market, the 0.4ohm coil is amazing, no issues with leaking or anything, this is my No1 tank, I now own two of them, soon to be three.

The Herakles V2 for me is too small, 2ml, the normal size needs filling enough as it is.. There is only one good thing about the V2 which I will show you sooooooooon..

Great Vape..

289ejkk.jpg

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
The HP, personally has the best flavor of any sub ohm tank on the market, the 0.4ohm coil is amazing, no issues with leaking or anything, this is my No1 tank, I now own two of them, soon to be three.

The Herakles V2 for me is too small, 2ml, the normal size needs filling enough as it is.. There is only one good thing about the V2 which I will show you sooooooooon..

Great Vape..

289ejkk.jpg

The word is that the V2 even though smaller has better flavor. I can't vouch for that don't have one, but I heard Mike Vapes talking about it in one of his reviews, and Twisted420 mentioned it as well. On YouTube, I love Mike Vapes he's my favorite vapor on youtube.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
The word is that the V2 even though smaller has better flavor. I can't vouch for that don't have one, but I heard Mike Vapes talking about it in one of his reviews, and Twisted420 mentioned it as well. On YouTube, I love Mike Vapes he's my favorite vapor on youtube.

What's up peeps, Mike Vapes here ..

The idea is that the chimney is smaller so the coil is closer which gives better flavor, I will def be getting one to find out.....I have another reason too but I wont say until I know it works.

I have two of them now lol

2ugz8y1.png

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Didn't see a thread for this tank yet but it definitely deserves one. I've had mine for a little less than a month and love it so far.

I'm wondering if anyone's tried the nickel coil with it. I didn't have a very good experience with Sense and their original Herakles nickel coils. I'm hoping they've fixed that issue...
Nickel coils were horrible. I had to tear them apart and rebuild them. Stock ones you would get a day before leaking, and they would pop and spit from the get go. I run Atlantis coils in mine most days because they work good. Whether Sence fix them or not I have not bought any recently and won't as I wont take the change of getting old stock. CHEERS!

jesuslizard36

Aug 26, 2015
I have the orginal Herakles and i love it so much.Everything about it coils last ages even with max vg. I don't have very high wattage with them though, I save that for my mechs and rda's. Vaping at 60-70 watts max vg and so long as im not using a coffee or other gunky dark liquid i get 2 weeks sometimes from them.

No leaking ever. I never get dry hits, not even at high wattage's. It's my all day everyday tank i use out and about and at work with my Sigelei 150tc. Flavor is pretty good for a sub ohm tank, had better flavor from my RDA's but for what it is, it's good enough to satisfy. Airflow is perfect for me wide open. Quite interested in the HP however iv been spending so much money on new gear lately and have a bit of a backlog on my wishlist as it is.

Can anyone who has this and the original tell me if it's worth upgrading.

Last edited:

GaryParr

Nov 25, 2012
New England
Hello fellow travelers, anyone experiencing leaking at the bottom of the glass where it sits in the bottom of the tank? I'm getting a slow, persistent dump of my juice from here. Seems like the o-ring is not making a proper seal. Visual inspection doesn't reveal any issues with the o-ring... looks fine and sits in the grove like it is supposed to. Wondering if anyone has seen this issue and found a good fix short of fabricating a new o-ring.

Lyssie

Feb 8, 2016
Ohio
So ... I got mine a couple weeks ago ... I haven't used it much because it seem to get hot on me. Let me first say that I am relatively (actually super new) to vaping (20 days), so, any advice or possibilities of what i might be doing wrong. I am using the Kbox Mini with the samsung SDI battery... i have run it anywhere from 20watts to 35watts trying to figure out what i am doing wrong. It gets hot after a few vapes and starts spitting.

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
So ... I got mine a couple weeks ago ... I haven't used it much because it seem to get hot on me. Let me first say that I am relatively (actually super new) to vaping (20 days), so, any advice or possibilities of what i might be doing wrong. I am using the Kbox Mini with the samsung SDI battery... i have run it anywhere from 20watts to 35watts trying to figure out what i am doing wrong. It gets hot after a few vapes and starts spitting.

You're vaping it way to low, I don't get much from it until I hit around 45 watts. Though 20 days isn't very long to start sub-ohming, it took me awhile to get used to vaping with that much power.. Have you used any other sub ohm tanks? There are a lot of tanks that are better for lower watts. Sub Tank Mini, Atlantis v2, Triton v2 and many more.

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
I have the KBox Platinum which is supposed to max out at 60 so I was scared to go any higher. :(

I can certainly understand the feeling, but don't. The chip won't let you go higher than you battery can support that's another question if you're using a mechanical mod where you have to apply ohms law. Let's say you K-box was a mechanical mode WHICH IT IS NOT. The lowest ohms coils you can get for it is a .2 Ohm coil. If you're using a 20 amp there are 30amp continuous batteries. In a single 18650 mechanical mod. Realizing, of course, you have no chips etc you could push up to 80watts which would be your limit on a 20 continuous amp battery. I wouldn't be building that low of a resistance unless I had a 30A battery to be safe.

Because you're not using a mechanical mod, but a regulated mod with a computer chip in it, your chip would prevent you from doing that anyway. I have a dual 18650 200w regulated mod, and I'm lucky if it will let me go any higher than 150w. So don't worry give it a try and also realize a good battery like the Sony VTC4 30 amp battery can pulse as high 60A. Batteries have a continuous amp rating and a pulse ratings meaning for a few seconds the battery can pull more amps than its continuous amp rating, but the general rule of thumb is that you want to build below you the continuous amp rating of your battery. That's on a mechanical mod, on a regulated like you have, the chip does all the math for you and the chip won't let you pull even close to the danger level.

Here is Ohm's Law :
308686.image0.jpg

All you need is two of the values to determine the rest V=voltage, I=amps or current and R=resistance that's the .2 rating on the coil.

The lowest pre-made coil for the Herakles Plus is .2ohms that is your resistance your continuous battery rating is 20 amps that which is the most common battery used in vaping. You have 20x.2=4 volts. To convert that into watts you times the amount of volts by the amps or the I value so 4x20=80 watts. If you have a good battery like the Sony that goes up to 120 watts, but realistically you'd want to underrate your battery for safety.

So really crank that baby up! Do it slowly, start where you were before and add 5 more watts, than another 5 watts and you'll more than likely find your ideal vape. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread