Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They're making weather forecasters look like superstars.

They called a bit ago to say they're giving it a new tracking number. And they gave me a way to directly contact the lady in charge of my case.

It sounds like Every Vaper that works at DHL has had a chance to Open your package and Check Out this New rta.

Hope it Arrives soon.

alexmot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2015
Louisiana, USA
It just came!

They repacked and relabeled it so many times it was like one of those joke presents, where you keep opening box after box.

It looks nice. Its taking a bath right now.

I hope I don't have to deal with DHL for a loooooonnnngggg time.

:banana: Sweet! I'm really curious which serial number you got and whether you received a spare combustion chamber glass tank? The two retail tanks I've seen are all single digit numbers (mine is #8), but the youtube reviewer was #1024. He received a spare chamber glass, and neither of the retail boxes did. :( I should probably fork over the $$ for another low serial # one. Might be worth big money some day. :)

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Ok, I'm going to hold off on thoughts at the moment as I'm trying to assess whether I have a slight vacuum leak, or if its my own dumb fault playing with the juice control. I think the second.

I did get a spare tank glass and chimney glass. Serial is 1031.

Here's a photo of fused 28g wrapped in 32. The juice can distort the image though :)

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Glad you finally got yours roxy! Let me know it works out for you. I can move my glass up and down inside the cage (causing my vacuum leak). Still haven't had time to try with the spare glass or replace the orings with larger ones. I feel like I could make it work just need some spare time to mess with it.

alexmot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2015
Louisiana, USA
Glad you finally got yours roxy! Let me know it works out for you. I can move my glass up and down inside the cage (causing my vacuum leak). Still haven't had time to try with the spare glass or replace the orings with larger ones. I feel like I could make it work just need some spare time to mess with it.

I don't know if this will help any, but the cage has both a top and a bottom. The bottom is the end with the lip to hold the glass in place. There should also be a seal ring on both the top cap and the base. Perhaps if you managed to put the cage on upside down bad things would happen. I didn't try to force mine but I think the top and bottom threads are also different.

Only time I was able to jiggle the glass inside the cage was when I left one of the seal rings in the sink.

Hope you didn't get a dud. [emoji32]

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Ok, my first thoughts. The bad:

1. Its very dirty. I cleaned the heck out of it twice before I built it, but taste machine oil so I'm not very happy about that. Obviously it needs at least one more cleaning, maybe boiled.

2. The little silicone o rings around the fill holes try to disappear every chance they get. And will stick to your juice bottle when you fill.

3. Drip tip is proprietary because it works the juice control, so if you don't like it, you're stuck with it.

The good:

1. Its very cool :). I've never seen my coils in an RTA before. May be helpful to newbs to see how saturated their wicks are. Might give all of us a good idea when we should rewick.

2. Wicks the same as the Crius and Griffin, so easy and familiar to many.

3. Large post holes that made it easy to fit the coils even though its a 2 post deck.

4. Fill holes are smallish, but easy to fill using a plastic bottle.

5. Good airflow. Again, similar to the Griffin.

6. Large number of spare parts, including both glass parts.

If I have any suggestions for Augvape, they are:
1. Get it cleaner :). One cleaning by the customer should be sufficient.
2. Tighten up machining tolerances in regards to the o rings around the fill holes fitting better. I'm going to be losing these repeatedly.
3. Otherwise, good job :). Its a nice atty that's fun to use, and I think you'll get a lot of sales.

Notes on build for those interested in trying it: fused 28g (2 core) wrapped in 32g kanthal, 6 wrap, 2.5mm ID.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Hi @roxynoodle

Can you compare the available airflow to the Bellus please :)

I'm wondering if the Alleria will be a good dual coil vape around 30-35 watts or if it's more of a power atty like the Aromamiser or the Indulgence RTA?

Wide open it has more airflow than the Bellus wide open. I don't see any reason though you can't put in a build for 30-35W. I have one of my MTs set up for 33W. And others are running 60-80W. I have one of my Belluses running at 35W and the other at 50W. Just choose coils that work well in the range you like :)

Reactions: Caterpiller

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
I don't know if this will help any, but the cage has both a top and a bottom. The bottom is the end with the lip to hold the glass in place. There should also be a seal ring on both the top cap and the base. Perhaps if you managed to put the cage on upside down bad things would happen. I didn't try to force mine but I think the top and bottom threads are also different.

Only time I was able to jiggle the glass inside the cage was when I left one of the seal rings in the sink.

Hope you didn't get a dud. [emoji32]
This is a very good point, I will have to check it out when I'm back home. My first build leaked a little but I had already pinned that on my wick job, never thought twice about the top and bottom of the cage being different :blink:. I was pretty frustrated after my 2nd setup began leaking since I own a lot of rta's and have never had problems with wicking them right (atleast not to the point of draining the tank). This restores some of my hope for this tank though, also makes me feel like a rookie lol. Thanks for the insight!

alexmot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2015
Louisiana, USA
It survived the night with the jc open 1/4 of a turn so that seems to be the optimal setting for it :)
Glad you got it straight. [emoji2]

Based on your pics, I was going to suggest tucking the wick a bit deeper in the channels as well as one looked like you may have had some cotton between the outer channel and the glass.

That's the fun thing with this tank. You can simply see stuff like that. I may pick up another this weekend. But I really want to try some more single coil configs and make sure it's as stable. Dual coils are putting hurting on my batteries and juice.

Lastly, I test fitted some protank coil insulators in the juice fill holes and they seemed like they would work fine. I chose not to run like that in order to be able to properly assess the tank without modding it on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread