Best batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Submarine123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
So it seems folks say that Efest is one big scam.

Thankfully, I've been using a KBOX this whole time.

I can tell you that the KBOX (which I picked up for $20 a year ago) has an excellent safety chip - somehow it has always recognized when this silly 20A battery is too weak to push 40watts at 0.3-0.5ohms.

Though the mod will fire 0.3, it usually gives a warning flash and prevents firing if using a silly battery like my Efest. And even with Kanger coils at 0.5 (cough, 0.8...) it refuses to fire at 40w when the battery is only half charged as again somehow it knows that 20a is not enough at that charge level (it never has a problem with 35w at all... guessing 40w is just too much to push out of 20amps? It'll fire 40w at 0.5ohm and above for a little while on a full charge, but not once the battery drains by half...)

Anyway it's why I love Kanger mods (safe and psychic as hell IMO) I just wish their subohm coils weren't horrible!

So I have to upgrade to what I think will be the TFV4 Mini and either Koopor Plus or RX200, both which will be pushed to the 80-120w range.

But what batteries are best? I don't want to take any risks with these two mods. Here I was thinking the 3000mah 35amp Efest would be my choice, but research seems to show that Efest are silly. Batteries are one thing I don't want to skimp on ever again. But how the hell do you know what to get in a sea of re-wraps?

Recommendations?

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
You call Efest silly, I would use a range of far more colorful expletives to describe their business practices. To put it simply avoid their batteries like the plague.

On a regulated device low resistance coils are unnecessary . Most often you are better of building higher resistance coils around the 1 ohm mark as this can provide greater surface area and potentially a better vape. A higher resistance coil will also reduce the amp draw reducing the load on the battery.
So for example:
at 40 watts on your Kbox with a freshly charged 18650 at 4.2v will be pulling 4.2 volts and 11 amps
as the voltage level of the battery drops the amp draw will increase. Assuming you swap out the battery at 3.2 volts, at that point you will pulling around 14 amps from the battery.

As long as the battery you are using has a continuous discharge rate equal to or higher than 14 amps, you are good to go.

Two superb cells that fit this range are the LG HG2 or the Samsung 25R which both have a CDR of 20 amps.
For higher powered mods you need to adjust your calculations accordingly. I used www.steam-engine.org/

Our resident battery Gurus are Baditude and Mooch both have blogs here on ECF with more battery information than most humans can consume in one sitting. Mooch also does battery testing, which should in my opinion always be consulted before using/buying an 18650.

Mooch
Baditude

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
This is aQuestion we see repeatedly in many areas from Forums to blogs.
I think theres 3 important parts...1)knowing a bit about them/safety or Ohms Law
2)understanding your needs for your Mod,Apv, "unit"
3)NEVER buy from eBay always USE a reputable vendor.
I Swear by RTDVAPOR www.rtdvapor.com
but admittedly also support local B&M when I can- if FRESH is important to you (should give you max life for buck)
order online from above or comparable.
Im mostly 1865 1849 1850 buyer. Ive used mostly AW which Ive read discussion about here * understand quality retested
but have tried Panny eFest and return Protected, high d AW Batts.
I have 2 diff chargers both trustworthy and troopers that take my diff sizes. Trustfire was first Nitecore highend next.
Important ? since you can go through batts as fast as almost anything.

jacketpocket

Sep 8, 2014
nyc
I been using the MXJO yellow/silver and I'm starting to wonder if they're sh1te.
mxjo_18650_imr_3000mah_35a_battery.jpg

Vaping with atlantis coils , last maybe couple hours with minimal use. Then they drop off below 20%. Both my mods [xvostick & railbox] use same board- DNA 40 . Thought it would have some protection against overdraining. Anyone else experience this? Only reason I'm posting is that I really just bought 4 of them a couple months ago and they're all displaying this bad behavior

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I been using the MXJO yellow/silver and I'm starting to wonder if they're sh1te.
mxjo_18650_imr_3000mah_35a_battery.jpg

Vaping with atlantis coils , last maybe couple hours with minimal use. Then they drop off below 20%. Both my mods [xvostick & railbox] use same board- DNA 40 . Thought it would have some protection against overdraining. Anyone else experience this? Only reason I'm posting is that I really just bought 4 of them a couple months ago and they're all displaying this bad behavior

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Mxjo's are definitely overpriced and overspeced so it call call them crap. They should still be ok at moderate wattage though.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread