We need a bigger boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I think 3rd hand smoke lie started in 2006.

Aren't we about due for more outrage about "fourth-hand smoke" ?

That could be the transfer of third-hand smoke from place to place by casual contact, like bees pollinating ...

Where does it end ? :(

EDIT: I was being facetious when I wrote this, but then found this list. My eyes rolled back into my head and may never come out again ... :shock:

First-Hand Smoke – Actual smoking

Secondhand Smoke – Actually being exposed to first-hand smoke

Third-Hand Smoke – Residue of secondhand smoke on clothing, furniture and walls

Fourth-Hand Smoke – Sight of real people smoking outdoors or seeing a film, photograph or painting of a person(s) smoking indoors

Fifth-Hand Smoke – Seeing a building knowing for sure that people are smoking inside

Sixth-Hand Smoke – Thinking that people just might be smoking in that building and thinking you might smell it

Seventh-Hand Smoke – Even though you looked in the window and the building is absolutely empty, completely quiet and the lights are off, you can smell something and you think it might be smoke

Eighth-Hand Smoke – Speaking to or thinking about a current smoker

Ninth-Hand Smoke – Speaking to or thinking about a person who used to smoke

Tenth-Hand Smoke – Thinking of or speaking to a deceased relative who used to smoke

Levels of the Legacy of Cigarette Smoke | Sensible Smoker

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

That could be the transfer of third-hand smoke from place to place by casual contact, like bees pollinating ...

EDIT: I was being facetious when I wrote this, but then found this list. My eyes rolled back into my head and may never come out again ... :shock:

Ya know, hallucination is a treatable disorder.

:D Good luck.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

Don't worry, we've got plenty of time. They only add one level to the danger list about every 20 years. We're due for 4th-hand smoke in about 2026.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
We're due for 4th-hand smoke in about 2026.

Somebody better warn Ripley ... :shock:

hqdefault.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Somebody better warn Ripley ... :shock:

hqdefault.jpg

If you can Single Handedly Fight Off an alien Species that has Acid for Blood, and Survive an Encounter with an Synthetic that has gone Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs, not to mention Escape an M-Class Starfreighter (the USCSS Nostromo) that you have set to Self Destruct, what's a Little Cancer?

Reactions: SupplyDaddy

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm not sure what you guys are laughing about...
Article Warns of Dangers of "Fourth-Hand" Smoke
"There are at least 250 poisonous gases, chemicals and metals in cigarette smoke, and they can cling to the hair and clothing of people who don’t smoke themselves but spend time among smokers. Young children (and adults, including at-risk adults, such as those with asthma, heart disease or COPD) may be exposed to these toxins when they are near people who smoke or who have spent time with smokers."

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I'm not sure what you guys are laughing about...
Article Warns of Dangers of "Fourth-Hand" Smoke
It's 3rd-hand smoke. Michael Siegel says 4th, but it's not. The article he linked to doesn't call it 4th-hand smoke. They call it 3rd.

The smoke residue on someone who's been around someone while they smoked indoors, would be 3rd-hand smoke, just like what's on the carpets, curtains, etc in the room.

When 4th-hand smoke makes it to the big leagues, you'll know it.

Web archive of the article:

Even "Third-Hand Smoke" is Dangerous to Children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread