• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pagan/Wiccan Revival 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hmmmm, you are the second person I know that has received spam mail under my user name...... sorry.... will have to look into it.
Yahoo is having issues with accounts being hacked.....again............

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
8db9c1e82eca2eb92fa437c097f31fbd.jpg

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Oh will share here, the other night; that would be Friday, two friends and I are hanging out playing pool, deep discussions at my place. They leave, one takes the other; the other is the husband of my editor. The first friend walks in and see's her writing, "Are you working on 'tiggs' book? Yes. Is it good? It actually is. and what I did worked, she was reading and thinking, now she is writing. :thumbs::thumbs:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh will share here, the other night; that would be Friday, two friends and I are hanging out playing pool, deep discussions at my place. They leave, one takes the other; the other is the husband of my editor. The first friend walks in and see's her writing, "Are you working on 'tiggs' book? Yes. Is it good? It actually is. and what I did worked, she was reading and thinking, now she is writing. :thumbs::thumbs:
Wow....pretty cool....

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Greed is knowing when you have too much. Such as things you can just throw in the trash, ever hate moving? Kept anything too old? Wife, well ex did that; I put it in the alley. Watched other children play with those bicycles and dolls, clothes; toys. I could sell it, sure; did I need it, no. That has been my life, watch after me; and if I can those I care for, if there is abundance let it slid; if not don't. who knows better than you?

Reactions: liblue1

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
..I have another question to pose to you .....
What is greed?
I am stumped .... The closest breadcrumb I have that resonates so far is something from a Buddhist friend ....
Here is the quote:
"The Buddhist concept of "greed" is not identical to our western views. It is one of the "Three Poisons", that are best represented by the words ignorance, attachment, and aversion. The three poisons lead to the creation of karma and the cycle of suffering. Of these three, ignorance (ignorance of the interconnectedness of everything) is the root poison. From ignorance, attachment and aversion arise.The three poisons are sometimes compared to the Western concepts of narcissism, desire (or greed), and anger. The opposites (antidotes) of the three poisons are wisdom, non-attachment and loving kindness."

That part about ignorance of the interconnectedness of everything is interesting ....meanig to me that when we detach ourselves from others ...when we don't see ourselves as all being interconnected ...then we do and say things that we would not do to ourselves ...we don;t see that in separating ourselves, we are able to hurt others. An example I was thinking about was having a loaf of bread ...seeing your brother/sister hungry ..and thinking...no ..if I give them some, there will not be enough for me. It's easier to see if you are not happy with one loaf, but "need" as many as you can possibly carry ... and then do not stop to share with others less fortunate. That ,I suppose, is one way of looking at "greed". Thots?
Well for many years now I have had a saying in my head that stated " you are no more (to the earth) than an ant".........so that keeps me in the now about being interconnected....
greed is another that can not be broken down easily.....
but kinda like......if you help others (less fortunate or not) then that is helping yourself.....See above.......but it's more to me like having more than you need......that's greed....there is a limit there....
as to need or want....it gets more complicated.......

Reactions: tiggerrts

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
ok ..like beyond necessity .... like ...how many shoes do you need until you feel like you have enough ..or maybe holding onto things for the wrong reasons ... like abusers who really don;t love their wives, but won't let them go ... when it is about pride or fear ..or ... spite ...and not about love ...that can be greed too?
Yes....but the thing is what my limits are might not be yours....and vice-versa...........

Reactions: tiggerrts

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
..that is true ... and in the larger scheme of things ...everything is about us .... and we are all interconnected ?
Yes............
Yes and no, yes and no, and yes and no; oh Katz went deep today :facepalm:
And YES.............this is not a question that can just have an answer...........this is a life long discovering process......that's why the Tibetan Monks go to the mountain........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread