RTS Trivia Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Vapers! Help me congratulate this past weekend trivia winner @oplholik! Huge thank you to all who participated and special shout out to our new participant @Debadoo. You've got plenty of chances to win points and other great prizes. I'll have more trivia for you wonderful folks tomorrow. Have a great day!

1. What did a Quebecois teenager become known as after a video appeared on the internet showing him swinging a golf ball retriever around wildly. Many parodies of the video were also made and circulated? A: Star Wars Kid

2. What internet phenomenon shows an image of an animal along with an idiosyncratic caption in broken English?For Example, “I can has cheeseburger.” A: Lolcats

3. What internet phenomenon was featured in Ally McBeal was a recurring hallucination that represented the ticking of Ally’s biological clock? A: The dancing baby

4. What rock group won a Grammy award for their song “Here It Goes Again” in which the video for the song showed them dancing on treadmills which spawned many you tube tributes? A: OK-GO

5. What internet celebrity has one of the top 20 most watched channels on youtube and is most famous for his “Leave Britney Alone” video? A: Chris Crocker

6. On a widely mirrored internet site, as proof of his evil, what puppet is shown consorting with nefarious figures such as Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden and Jerry Springer, and also present at tragedies such as the JFK assassination? A: Bert

7. What song did Mick Jones former guitarist for the Clash, write and publish after being inspired by an event publicized on youtbe involving Andrew Meyer and John Kerry? A: Don’t taze me bro

8. In another popular youtube video, two-liters of diet coke can be made into a shooting geyser when what objects are dropped into the bottle? A: Menetos

9. What Internet series did Jessica Lee Rose, a New Zealand actress, star in as a home-schooled character named Bree. The series originally purported to a real video blog but was later revealed as a hoax. A: Lonelygirl15

10. Producers of what film added several scenes anticipated by fans in response to internet buzz prior to the film’s release, and also before any promotional material was even released. A: Snakes on a Plane

Reactions: Marina2
Wahooooooooo Congrats Opl!!! and thanks Ms Vapem. Are these the first person to answer correctly, or is a winner drawn from all correct ones?
It's the first person to answer correctly wins. But no worries, we have sooooo many chances for you to play and win points :)

Reactions: Debadoo
Speaking of which, time for more trivia. I will be announcing the winner on Thursday. Have fun playing!!!

Its another Common Bond Quiz...can you figure it out?

1. In Tarot cards, suits consist of Swords , Starves, Coins, and what else?

2. What birth control device was removed from the US market in the 1994 much to the chagrin of Elaine Benes?

3. What novel by Robert Cormier was firth published in 1977 and references a nursery rhyme in the title?

4. What is the better known stage name of prop comic Scott Thompson?

5. Also called Mélange, what is the fictional drug that is central to Frank Herbert’s Dune universe? A:

6. What did Axel Foley stick in the pipeline of a Taggart and Rosewood to prevent them from following him in the film Beverly Hill Cops?

7. What spin off of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer first aired on October 5th 1999?

8. What legal metaphor is used to describe a situation in which if the source if the evidence is tainted, then anything gained from it is tainted as well?

9. Who does their boss describe as a ”New York third-wave feminist, college educated, single- and-pretending-to-be-happy-about-it, over-scheduled, undersexed, you buy any magazine that says “healthy body image” on the cover and every two years you take up knitting for a week?’

10. What is the common bond for all of these answers?

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
lol, that was fun! Winning is always fun........but really don't care about that when the contest is fun! I'm so weird to begin with that I've always thought if anyone ever had to do forensics on my puter and look at searches they'd probably lock me up in a loony bin. Well.... that still stands even more so now! hehehe Thanks so much for doing these!!!

Reactions: oplholik

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Its another Common Bond Quiz...can you figure it out?

1. In Tarot cards, suits consist of Swords , Starves, Coins, and what else? Cups (and it's Staves, not Starves)

2. What birth control device was removed from the US market in the 1994 much to the chagrin of Elaine Benes? sponge

3. What novel by Robert Cormier was firth published in 1977 and references a nursery rhyme in the title? "I Am the Cheese"

4. What is the better known stage name of prop comic Scott Thompson? Carrot Top

5. Also called Mélange, what is the fictional drug that is central to Frank Herbert’s Dune universe? "the spice",

6. What did Axel Foley stick in the pipeline of a Taggart and Rosewood to prevent them from following him in the film Beverly Hill Cops? a banana

7. What spin off of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer first aired on October 5th 1999? Angel

8. What legal metaphor is used to describe a situation in which if the source if the evidence is tainted, then anything gained from it is tainted as well? Fruit of the poisonous tree

9. Who does their boss describe as a ”New York third-wave feminist, college educated, single- and-pretending-to-be-happy-about-it, over-scheduled, undersexed, you buy any magazine that says “healthy body image” on the cover and every two years you take up knitting for a week?’ Liz Lemon

10. What is the common bond for all of these answers? Food & drink (assuming 'Angel' is angel food cake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread