Shrinking Lungs by Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20160330-WA0001.jpg
Well, the article is in Malay, so let me translate it for you guys. "This breaks my heart, the healing process is painful, please stay strong my brother. To whoms asking, this is the side effects of vaping for four months after quitting smoke. My brother had felt chest pains for two days and it got worse at day three. We assumed it was a normal thing but after x-ray results shown by doctors stated that my brother's right lung has shrunked. Doctors had made a hole in a hose and pumped air into it to make my brother's lung to it's normal size( okay, I find this translation rather fishy and comical but I'm not a doctor and the lady stated it like that so...:D) If this method fails my brother might "lose" a lung.

So..that is what has been said guys, what are yall opinion on this? Seems weird to me cause I've been vaping on and off for 4years and right now I've been of analogs for like 3months. Everything seems fine to me, just that my breathing feels a lot better and fuller:thumbs:.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I follow ecig news and read press from around the world. My perception is Asia press and their sources are more inclined to outrageous lying but other places aren't far behind when it comes to the vaping topic. The reason vaping continues to grow is because we all know they are liars whether it's Asia or the US or Europe.

Can't agree more with the rest of you, I live in the place where the article comes from, all I can say is, people without the correct amount of knowledge would just assume, assume and assume. There might be other complications that may have led to the problem the dude is facing, but I don't think it's caused by vaping alone. There is no way in hell that would've happened.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
! wonder why they even put him in a hospital given his sister is such an expert. Sheesh

Exactly-Sounds like horse dong to me. Need a little (ok ALOT) more education in the medical assessment-diagnostic-history areas. Grammar school would be a nice start. Ya think?

Reactions: Hulamoon

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Yeah, the vape claim was made by his sister. Is it possible it is caused by vaping?

Very highly unlikely. Sounds more like a collapsed lung and a lung can collapse for any reason.

Pneumothorax. Many reasons. Spontaneous. Google

This is what I came in to say.

Over the past year I've seen posts by two or three vapers trying to make a causative case to vaping after having a spontaneous pneumo.
So far... it's just not there.

As suggested, Google the condition. We have several tens of millions of vapers now. If there were a connection, I'd expect from ten to a hundred thousand collapsed lungs by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread