The Erlkönigin Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
I understand the OP of the original Erlkonigin thread requested it be closed due to various reasons.

I have a total of eight Erlks now (had four and just got 4 more) and they will be my lifetime choice of RTAs in the event the FDA regs interfere too harshly with acquiring new models.
Being made of high quality stainless steel, I believe they will literally last a life time short of replacing O-rings and the copolymer tank. Get a bunch of glass tanks for the future and the O-rings can be purchased anywhere.

Not that this rta is a hot topic these days, but I thought there should be another dedicated thread for folks that are new to the Erlkonigin to discuss specific issues if there is such a need.

For reference, the original (and excellent) thread started by Qorax is here The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL -

PS.
I ordered my additional Erlks directly from i2r’s site and received an excellent price on a ton of stuff.
They a have a feature on the site that allows you to send your cart to them requesting a best price offer and I would encourage anyone still interested in this RTA to use that feature.

Last edited:

Camden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
Sad to see the old thread close. This is still my favorite tank by a mile, and with the nano config it's absolutely beautiful on the Pico for a small out-and-about vape

(even better with the polycarb tank back on it)

Attachments

• IMG_8049.jpg
    IMG_8049.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 72

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Sad to see the old thread close. This is still my favorite tank by a mile, and with the nano config it's absolutely beautiful on the Pico for a small out-and-about vape

(even better with the polycarb tank back on it)

Cannot agree more.
I have a Pico as well and it is so far, the smallest 18650 mod I have used. Very light weight too.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
Without resorting to the drip tip adapter, does anyone know if any 3rd party, native (with threads) drip tips still exist? I'd prefer non-China stuff.
I have the 3 different models that Von Erl sells but I was looking for a few more different styles.

Thanks in advance.
You should be able to request an invite to the Old Sam Fanclub on Facebook and you might track down some of their Erlkonigin drip tips. I wasn't as impressed with them as the original Erl K drip tips so I never bothered buying any. But some people love them.

Also check www.steamtuners.gr for a super short tip that is made specially for the Erl K drip tip adapter that is pretty cool. They also have a couple for the Erlprinz, but I'm not positive they will work on the Erl K. They should...

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
How do these compare too Kayfun V4 with 4S kit - my favorite flow/flavor?
IMO the flavor is a tad less full vs. the V4. But the Erlk also seems to sip juice compared to the V4 guzzling.

Add to that the simplicity of parts and cleanup in favor of the Erlk.

I am not that particular when it comes to draw and airflow.
I even keep the black air adjustment nut off my Erlks at all times but it seems a bit more tighter draw than V4.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
You should be able to request an invite to the Old Sam Fanclub on Facebook and you might track down some of their Erlkonigin drip tips. I wasn't as impressed with them as the original Erl K drip tips so I never bothered buying any. But some people love them.

Also check www.steamtuners.gr for a super short tip that is made specially for the Erl K drip tip adapter that is pretty cool. They also have a couple for the Erlprinz, but I'm not positive they will work on the Erl K. They should...
I will check this out.

Thanks.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
I understand the OP of the original Erlkonigin thread requested it be closed due to various reasons.

I have a total of eight Erlks now (had four and just got 4 more) and they will be my lifetime choice of RTAs in the event the FDA regs interfere too harshly with acquiring new models.
Being made of high quality stainless steel, I believe they will literally last a life time short of replacing O-rings and the copolymer tank. Get a bunch of glass tanks for the future and the O-rings can be purchased anywhere.

Not that this RTA is a hot topic these days, but I thought there should be another dedicated thread for folks that are new to the Erlkonigin to discuss specific issues if there is such a need.

For reference, the original (and excellent) thread started by Qorax is here The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL -

PS.
I ordered my additional Erlks directly from i2r’s site and received an excellent price on a ton of stuff.
They a have a feature on the site that allows you to send your cart to them requesting a best price offer and I would encourage anyone still interested in this RTA to use that feature.
I'm with you on the Erlkonigin being my favorite atty. I have three right now and want to add a couple of more. So, just how do you send them your cart requesting a best price? That is the shop Von Erl site, right? Can't seem to find that... Thanks!

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
Yes, the shop.vonerl.com site. Perhaps you need to be logged into your account on the site first but after you add a few items to your cart, you will see the button like in this screenshot.
Good luck.
Thanks for the reply, I found it. I was hitting the proceed to checkout from the sidebar that pops out when you click on your cart icon. If I hit edit cart, I get the request offer. I'm gonna try it out!

Thank you!

Reactions: jpasint
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread