The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL

Discussion in 'RTA' started by qorax, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Pardoz

Pardoz Senior Member ECF Veteran

I've been using Spectrum's nano glass tube for the past six months or so - love it to bits.

• Like Like x 1
  2. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    This is my old clone, isn't it? Kayfun quartz glass fits it perfectly. Cheap from FT.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yup, thanks roxy. :) Something else to add to my FT list.

• Like Like x 1
  4. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Here's a pic of it using that glass. I don't think I ever used the plastic tank.

[​IMG]

I hope no one is offended by the clone talk. I'm always going to choose helping another member :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. oplholik

I don't suppose you have a link to the glass at FT. I looked, and there are so many pages of Kafun stuff, I'm not sure which to get. Thanks.
    I hope no one is offended, If so, say so, I won't be offended. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Oh, boy, its not available anymore :(

$1.34 Kayfun Quartz Glass Tank - also works w/ Orchid V4 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

What the heck did I do with the glass? I had 3. I didn't send it to the person who passed the stuff to you? I will check to see if its here for you. I don't have any Kayfuns anymore. I had bought it specifically for that Erlk clone.

7. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    This glass is hard to find now. Get one of the tall ones (not the nano) and pull the metal ends and o rings off.

Replacement Quartz Glass SS Tank Kit for Orchid, Kay Fun Atomizers - US Seller

8. oplholik

No problem roxy, I have a couple of glasses coming from IBT, and plenty of the regular length if needed.

9. tchavei

tchavei Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    As I said, I was told the Orchid v4 glass was a perfect fit. I have 5 coming to me. I'll report if they are in fact a perfect fit.

Enviado do meu GT-I9195 através de Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sptz

Sptz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been rocking a Bellus for a while and before that a Nautilus Mini cause I was "done" with RTAs, just wanted a faff free experience.

Well, today I broke down and bought a genuine Erl Nano again (owned one previously and a regular one), the nostalgia was too much, feels like getting back in touch with your first love (one you never forget) :D haha

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hitcat44

Hitcat44 mere Pawn in Game of Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Ft. Vape-WKY
    Careful of the IBT Glass for the EK (standard or Nano). Unless you get larger gauge (slightly thicker) Orings, their I.D. is a tad too large and the Glass will spin even if the End Cap is cranked down to almost shattering torque (both on Authentic and the dreaded "C-word" ones ;))
    Unless they have corrected their Spec/QC.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tchavei

tchavei Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    My Orchid glasses are in customs. After the usual brutal and bloody battle I'm expecting to have with them, I should get the glass before summer and report back :)

Enviado do meu GT-I9195 através de Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  13. oplholik

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

14. qorax

qorax ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    I have 14 glass tubes from IBT for my 6 Erlkonigins. All fit / sit perfectly on each. Btw, IBT throws in quite a few O-rings in each tank pack ~ they could be swapped out with the OEMs if need be.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hitcat44

Hitcat44 mere Pawn in Game of Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Ft. Vape-WKY
    Thanks Q. I must have an anomalous Authentic then or IBT Tank (I ordered the "Toxic"-green w/red splattering-standard and nano). They provide a functioning "seal" and do not hamper the Vacuum for liquid feed. They just "spin" when mating or removing from an APV. Especially an Issue on my XVO Stick. I do not experience any of that with the OEM Tanks fitted to the EK.
    IBT is indeed kind enough to include O-rings however the ones I received with both my IBTs are the same Spec as OEM so do not rectify the spin.
    Not casting an overall shadow on IBT as a whole or knocking their Tanks or anything, merely stating fact that they are Not true to OEM Spec on their I.D. At least not on the 2 I received from them. Possibly just me or mine but, that doesn't follow logically.
    I have not Mic'd them but will do so next time a disassemble for cleaning (to get exact OEM Spec as a comparative).

Thanks again for your response and Info. Props to ya and I do thank you much for spurring me to acquire the EKs to begin with. They are truly Awesome no doubt.

• Like Like x 2
  16. gempark

gempark Full Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Erlthron

Wrt this mod, is it ok to stick it into an ultrasonic cleaner or does it have parts especially in the switch area which may have to have oil which the ultrasonic cleaner might take off?

• Like Like x 1
  17. qorax

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    Why would you want a mod to be put into an U/S cleaner? It usually is the atties which need one, isn't it? In any case I'd avoid putting the switch into it - 'coz that's a precision eqpt.

• Like Like x 2
  18. gempark

gempark Full Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Noted. Just me being a lazy bum to clean up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. qorax

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    k-mini Erlthrone.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. oplholik

WoW! That looks sweet. :)

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status: