Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
By just looking at it, the juice control might give it the advantage but the erlkonigin (Nano) seems to beat it in capacity and simplicity. I still want a kmv3... :)

Enviado do meu GT-I9195 através de Tapatalk
You're right, the biggest advantage is the JC. Close it, fill it, open it ~ no leakage/flooding/stress. Another thing is the slightly wider airflow. Flavor is comparable.

Reactions: aldenf

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Ok guys. Finally after one month waiting time, I got my 5 Orchid tanks (quartz glass).

Since I2R isn't selling any glass mini tanks, I feel it's OK mentioning this alternative for people in Europe that don't have access to ibtanks' glass tanks nor want to vape on plastic tanks (which is, btw, a very good tank since it lasted 15 months on extreme strong menthol liquid before it started to crack).

The Orchid glass has a perfect vertical fit. There are no gaps and the top doesn't crush on the glass border nor are there any gaps. It's a perfect replacement.

Only drawbacks are:

The glass is obviously thicker than the stock mini tank so you will notice just a hair of glass protruding (0.5mm) from the base (atty is 21mm, glass is 22mm outside.

The other drawback is also visual but of no big importance. The combination of glass and my liquid (translucent) provokes a weird effect of making the chimney appearing larger than it is. I have no idea why this never happened to the plastic tank and it doesn't affect performance but for the OCD, it will take time to get used to it.

Here a pic
e4c65f2833bf16411e3e454d11d01bda.jpg

Cheers
Tony

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I haven't been on ECF much lately. Since I found the Erlkönigin, Rayon, and my DNA40/200, I haven't really needed anything. I mean, I'm pretty much in vape heaven.
Same here. It's set and forget. No need to tinker with stuff.

Reactions: BNEAT

slyphex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
USA
'Ello Erl family.

A bit strange to admit but since I got the Erlk+Ministick I haven't really kept up on anything vaping related. I made a decent attempt at quitting for good but it turns out I'm not ready. Read into that whatever you like :$

Admitting my defeat I bought something I've had tickling the back of my mind for a while, my first DNA mod, in the form of the XvoStick by Chels.

11 hours after receiving it, my battery still reads 50% which is not something I've ever experienced. With my mech builds I'm used to changing out batteries many times a day.

So now my question to you all... what is the official erlkonigin site now? erkonigin.com is what I remember but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. Is there a reliable vendor in the US now? I balk at spending $20 on a tank and $25 on shipping.

I'd like to buy a bigger tank. This mod fits 23mm atty and now that the battery lasts all day... why can't the juice?!?

Thanks, and here's my shiny new mod with the itty bitty nano tank - which is a hair too small for the mod - and if I fit the fullsize... why not go wider?
swUpXux.jpg

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
'Ello Erl family.

A bit strange to admit but since I got the Erlk+Ministick I haven't really kept up on anything vaping related. I made a decent attempt at quitting for good but it turns out I'm not ready. Read into that whatever you like :$

Admitting my defeat I bought something I've had tickling the back of my mind for a while, my first DNA mod, in the form of the XvoStick by Chels.

11 hours after receiving it, my battery still reads 50% which is not something I've ever experienced. With my mech builds I'm used to changing out batteries many times a day.

So now my question to you all... what is the official erlkonigin site now? erkonigin.com is what I remember but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. Is there a reliable vendor in the US now? I balk at spending $20 on a tank and $25 on shipping.

I'd like to buy a bigger tank. This mod fits 23mm atty and now that the battery lasts all day... why can't the juice?!?

Thanks, and here's my shiny new mod with the itty bitty nano tank - which is a hair too small for the mod - and if I fit the fullsize... why not go wider?
swUpXux.jpg
Erlkonigin.com site still exists, just that their name has changed. The link in the OP still works:
Crown Series | shop.vonerl.com
With Erlk remember you can go longer but not wider (except for the Big Mama, 32mm). It is a 21mm atty.
Superb pic btw :)

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I must have misplaced the wick ring; couldn't find it anywhere. Will not using it have a significant impact on anything? Don't really want to splash out 8 euros + expensive shipping to SEA for a metal ring that you can't even put on your wife's finger.

I never use it. Mine are sitting in the box along with the air control rings.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
How does the erl look with a wae ii dna40?

Also, looking for a beauty ring for the erl. Is there any that somehow still supplied the bottom airflow and fits the 21mm?

I have never seen beauty rings for the Erl. Using the 21mm OD SS tank would flush the Erl on the WAE II and probably look b*tchin'.

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
How does the erl look with a wae ii dna40?

Also, looking for a beauty ring for the erl. Is there any that somehow still supplied the bottom airflow and fits the 21mm?
Same as with the WAE-II (DNA30). There's no difference in form factor between the two you know (WAE-II DNA30 and 40). Pics of the same are in the OP.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Thank you qorax. Should i get the regular wae ii or the titanium one to match the color of the erl?
The Titanium one is DNA30 (WE), I don't think they made that in DNA40. In any case the SS model is more shade-matched to the Erlk. The Ti ones are a bit darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread