Aspire Quad Flex, 4 in 1 tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
First "major complaint about the product". In the RDTA juice is so tasty, it runs out too fast! :lol:
Although seriously, I'm impressed so far...

Glad you like it. I should have mine back this weekend from the shop I loaned it to. I miss the rdta but yeah, seems like I filled it every 15min. When I get it back I'm going to try a single coil build.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burnie

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
That is just the coils that it came with, Kanthal Claptons. The build ohms at 0.34 and I spaced it out. Yeah, I've been pretty happy with it as a BF RDA, that's been my favorite configuration. I've heard that Aspire is working on a Squonk mod, which I'd be interested in seeing.

I was re-reading your review and didn't notice a flavor comparison between the rdta and rda configurations. What do you think, same flavor? Close?

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I was re-reading your review and didn't notice a flavor comparison between the rdta and rda configurations. What do you think, same flavor? Close?
There really isn't much flavor difference between RDTA and RDA, since the only difference is a tank. It has the same airflow, cap shape etc. The only real difference is that first hit on the RDA after you've dripped directly on your coils, that first hit on a freshly painted coil is always the best, after that it's the same. There is some difference between using the top AFC vs. the side AFC barrel. The top AFC produces a warmer vape at the same wattage. I prefer the flavor with the side AFC, it gives a bit more direct air to the coil instead of being redirected and a bit better flavor. The flavor is still pretty close. I use the BF RDA top AFC with my Dripbox 60 quite a bit when I got out and run errands.

Reactions: cigatron

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Just got mine today and went straight to bf mode with top airflow, and it's awesome! Tried the side airflow and its a bit too open for me, sure I can close it down, but the top air wide open is giving me excellent flavor and vapor with my go to build, dual 7 spaced wraps of 24g nichrome. It's fantastic on my mechanical squonker and the best part, no leaks whatsoever! This is the first top air atty I've truly enjoyed, and I've spent hundreds of dollars on top air atties... previous to this I was running velocity v2 clones, and while they are fantastic, they can leak from the air slots at times. This rivals in performance, with the benefit of being able to squonk with abandon.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
There really isn't much flavor difference between RDTA and RDA, since the only difference is a tank. It has the same airflow, cap shape etc. The only real difference is that first hit on the RDA after you've dripped directly on your coils, that first hit on a freshly painted coil is always the best, after that it's the same. There is some difference between using the top AFC vs. the side AFC barrel. The top AFC produces a warmer vape at the same wattage. I prefer the flavor with the side AFC, it gives a bit more direct air to the coil instead of being redirected and a bit better flavor. The flavor is still pretty close. I use the BF RDA top AFC with my Dripbox 60 quite a bit when I got out and run errands.

Thanks roadtrip, I always enjoy your comments.:thumb:

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Just got mine today and went straight to bf mode with top airflow, and it's awesome! Tried the side airflow and its a bit too open for me, sure I can close it down, but the top air wide open is giving me excellent flavor and vapor with my go to build, dual 7 spaced wraps of 24g nichrome. It's fantastic on my mechanical squonker and the best part, no leaks whatsoever! This is the first top air atty I've truly enjoyed, and I've spent hundreds of dollars on top air atties... previous to this I was running velocity v2 clones, and while they are fantastic, they can leak from the air slots at times. This rivals in performance, with the benefit of being able to squonk with abandon.
I use it as a BF RDA the most on my DB60. I agree, great performance and with the top AFC virtually impossible to over-squonk. It's one of the main reasons I've been using it as my running around setup, no leaking and can squonk away without fear.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Hey that's great @hildicat! The rdta and rda both worked great for me. I wish I had a squonk box but sadly, no. After you have a chance to wring everything out give us a holler and let us know what you love and hate about the kit. The good, the bad and the ugly.:rolleyes:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Hey congrats, please do drop back in and give us an update. Hope you have a good supply of juice, you'll need it, it's a guzzler.
First let me say that Heaven Gifts was Great. :) I won a contest and they shipped it DHL, that was fast delivery, I figured it would come on a slow boat, so I cant thank them enough, and @AlmightyEvan was Great with communication with PM's, Thanks Evan. So here are my first thoughts.

Well I couldn't stand looking at the parts just sitting there (after I washed them), so I went ahead and built the RDTA, right out of the box it does not read the coils in RDTA setup. I checked it before I put in juice. I looked at it and just backed out the center pin a little, then it worked fine. I put in the included claptons, came out to .35Ω, lots lower than I am used to. I can't do 75 watts, max of my Pico, WoW Too Hot, seem to have settled in at 40 watts and it is not bad, still drinks juice like crazy, I have gone through a normal days supply in the last hour or so, as such I did mix up some 3mg, was getting a buzz from the 6mg. I don't like that I can't put on a longer drip tip, just too close to the coils IMO, and if it pops you get a splatter of juice in the mouth, not real fond of that. These claptons don't cool down fast either, I don't think I like them, but going to keep trying it to make sure. :facepalm: Not sure about doing it as a dripper with these coils, as fast as it eats juice, I will only get a couple of hits and have to drip again, which would be a PITA. I'll use it this way for a couple of days and then try it in dripper mode before I put in the bottom feed pin. :D With this setup you need to make sure you have a lot of juice (or can mix some like I did) as it is thirsty. :)

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
First let me say that Heaven Gifts was Great. :) I won a contest and they shipped it DHL, that was fast delivery, I figured it would come on a slow boat, so I cant thank them enough, and @AlmightyEvan was Great with communication with PM's, Thanks Evan. So here are my first thoughts.

Well I couldn't stand looking at the parts just sitting there (after I washed them), so I went ahead and built the RDTA, right out of the box it does not read the coils in RDTA setup. I checked it before I put in juice. I looked at it and just backed out the center pin a little, then it worked fine. I put in the included claptons, came out to .35Ω, lots lower than I am used to. I can't do 75 watts, max of my Pico, WoW Too Hot, seem to have settled in at 40 watts and it is not bad, still drinks juice like crazy, I have gone through a normal days supply in the last hour or so, as such I did mix up some 3mg, was getting a buzz from the 6mg. I don't like that I can't put on a longer drip tip, just too close to the coils IMO, and if it pops you get a splatter of juice in the mouth, not real fond of that. These claptons don't cool down fast either, I don't think I like them, but going to keep trying it to make sure. :facepalm: Not sure about doing it as a dripper with these coils, as fast as it eats juice, I will only get a couple of hits and have to drip again, which would be a PITA. I'll use it this way for a couple of days and then try it in dripper mode before I put in the bottom feed pin. :D With this setup you need to make sure you have a lot of juice (or can mix some like I did) as it is thirsty. :)

Yeah Evan at heavengifts is a great guy, always seems to be on call to answer questions and give updates. I wonder when he sleeps!

I didn't like the claptons either. Wind up some 26g 2.5mm 8 wrap coils and give them a whirl. 2.5mm wicking should fit nicely thru the juice holes. Vaping range should be in the 45-60w range and provide a cooler vape.

Also just in case you didn't know, spitting hot juice is a sign that the power needs to be turned up. The juice is boiling instead of completely vaporizing and can be hot that way. I hate hot spitty vapes too but believe it or not the vapor will be cooler if you turn up the power just high enough to stop the spitting.

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Yeah Evan at heavengifts is a great guy, always seems to be on call to answer questions and give updates. I wonder when he sleeps!

I didn't like the claptons either. Wind up some 26g 2.5mm 8 wrap coils and give them a whirl. 2.5mm wicking should fit nicely thru the juice holes. Vaping range should be in the 45-60w range and provide a cooler vape.

Also just in case you didn't know, spitting hot juice is a sign that the power needs to be turned up. The juice is boiling instead of completely vaporizing and can be hot that way. I hate hot spitty vapes too but believe it or not the vapor will be cooler if you turn up the power just high enough to stop the spitting.
Thanks I'll try that. :)

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I love my avocado's, so when saw this at vapenw with 20% off for labor day coupon, thought I would give it a try, according to tracking it should be here Thursday.

I am single coil guy, and says it can be single coil as well as dual, so surprised they didn't supply a plug, bet the avocado one won't fit.

Be interested to see how it measures up to the avocado :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Your welcome. Good luck with your build and post some pics.
    Pico.Quad.Flex.RDTA.jpg

:D

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    I love my avocado's, so when saw this at vapenw with 20% off for labor day coupon, thought I would give it a try, according to tracking it should be here Thursday.

I am single coil guy, and says it can be single coil as well as dual, so surprised they didn't supply a plug, bet the avocado one won't fit.

Be interested to see how it measures up to the avocado :)

Hi nailz, good to see you. Unfortunately no plug for single coil but the side airflow cap has single/dual coil air slots. You will have the plug two of the juice holes though. Oh well, guess they missed the mark on that one.

Reactions: Nailz

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Hi nailz, good to see you. Unfortunately no plug for single coil but the side airflow cap has single/dual coil air slots. You will have the plug two of the juice holes though. Oh well, guess they missed the mark on that one.

I keep my tanks upright, so not a huge problem, and sure I can find something to plug the extra holes with anyway :) But as they say can be for single coils, you would think they would've included a plug though.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I keep my tanks upright, so not a huge problem, and sure I can find something to plug the extra holes with anyway :) But as they say can be for single coils, you would think they would've included a plug though.
    If you have a Lancia tank, those plugs might fit, just use the ones with the smallest hole, just a thought. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread