Aspire Quad Flex, 4 in 1 tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I received mine last week and have tinkered in rda using squonk pin.
My previous bf rda was a tsunami, and the flavor seems a bit lacking on the qf.
I've gone back to my tsunami until I have more time for different builds.
What kind of build is everyone using?
I have a Tsunami but never squonked it. My current build is on page 3.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Welp, my new Therion DNA75 BF didn't have the nuggets to drive dual ss fused claptons so I re-coiled with my old faithful Ti build. Squonk'n like a dream and humming along in TC at @65-70w. Sure is nice to not go burny when I forget to squonk.

IMG_20161030_084410_196-1.jpg

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Picked up another Quad Flex in black recently. Built it up with a couple of 28g SS/38g KA1 claptons. The flavor is so good I haven't touched my L+ or Ijoy combo rdtas in weeks. This is one of the best attys for consistent vapor and flavor production in the 50-90w range that I've tried so far. There are a couple of newer rtas I've heard about lately that deserve a try but I'm having trouble convincing myself to spend the money on a new rta when I'm so satified with these in rdta mode. Even my new authentic Hadaly rda can't keep up with this flavor bomb. If you haven't tried a Quad Flex you're missing out on a super smooth consistent flavor machine imo.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Picked up another Quad Flex in black recently. Built it up with a couple of 28g SS/38g KA1 claptons. The flavor is so good I haven't touched my L+ or Ijoy combo rdtas in weeks. This is one of the best attys for consistent vapor and flavor production in the 50-90w range that I've tried so far. There are a couple of newer rtas I've heard about lately that deserve a try but I'm having trouble convincing myself to spend the money on a new rta when I'm so satified with these in rdta mode. Even my new authentic Hadaly rda can't keep up with this flavor bomb. If you haven't tried a Quad Flex you're missing out on a super smooth consistent flavor machine imo.

You're convincing me to look. I've been happy with my L+ and my SS Claptons with TC (actually not great in power/wattage for me, starts too slow then gets way too hot too fast) but that's a solid endorsement. And while I don't squonk, it's nice to have the option, and just an RDA option is always nice.

Edit: @cigatron , now that you made me look, how thirsty is this thing? My one reservation is the 2 ml volume in RDTA setup (well, the same for plain Nauti X). I know on my L+ I can watch the juice level drop with a single puff, and can blow through the 6 ml in no time. Is this best as a squonker because of that?

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
You're convincing me to look. I've been happy with my L+ and my SS Claptons with TC (actually not great in power/wattage for me, starts too slow then gets way too hot too fast) but that's a solid endorsement. And while I don't squonk, it's nice to have the option, and just an RDA option is always nice.

Edit: @cigatron , now that you made me look, how thirsty is this thing? My one reservation is the 2 ml volume in RDTA setup (well, the same for plain Nauti X). I know on my L+ I can watch the juice level drop with a single puff, and can blow through the 6 ml in no time. Is this best as a squonker because of that?

You know Eskie. Higher power brings more vapor and juice gulping...lol
It's no worse than any other high juice flow tank for drinking juice and it actually holds closer to three mils with the wicktails trimmed short.
It's available now for around $30 without the Nautilus X setup...sweet.
28/36 or 38 5-6 wrap claptons seem to be perfect for this device in any config.
I used it for squonking for a while until I got my Hadaly. The flavor from the QFlex beats the Hadaly and the Goon in any configuration imo but I wanted both Qflexs in rdta mode at work so they're both set up that way again. At work I need an atty that I can rail on non stop for 10-15 pulls without worrying about overheating or dryhits. It's definitely the most consistent tank I have every tried.
I know you're big on that OBS Engine bro but this one's worth a try.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
My only RDTA right now is the L+. My issue with it is it's great for clouds, but it's not a flavor tank. The flavor is better now after messing with it, but it's not like the Engine, or even the Cruis+ or Merlin. The idea of multiple duty does sound good to me, as long as it's not giving up performance trying to do everything. Sounds like I need to put it on my shortlist.

Reactions: cigatron

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
My only RDTA right now is the L+. My issue with it is it's great for clouds, but it's not a flavor tank. The flavor is better now after messing with it, but it's not like the Engine, or even the Cruis+ or Merlin. The idea of multiple duty does sound good to me, as long as it's not giving up performance trying to do everything. Sounds like I need to put it on my shortlist.

Two things I questioned, 1. It's an Aspire so how good could it be? and 2. It's multi functional so how good could it be? I was wrong on both counts and would not have tried it if it hadn't been a freebe.
I built it up in rdta mode and after a few vapes decided it was no better than an L+. Then after a few more and a few more and a few more it dawned on me that it never slowed down ie it seemed like it never formed a vacuum (restraining juice flow). Once my wicks broke in it edged out my L+ for flavor and kicked it's .... for consistency. It wasn't until a few days later that I noticed those magical air bleed holes through the deck.
I don't think you'll be disappointed Eskie.

Reactions: Eskie

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I've been using my Quad Flexes in RDTA mode with the top airflow top cap for over 4 months now with no problems to report.

Threading and seals are holding up fine and they stay in my daily rotation. Haven't had to change my wicking technique or anything. I just make sure there is enough wicktail thickness to fill the wicking holes and trim them off really short on the bottom side of the deck.

Flavor is just as good as any dripper I own. Vapor output is great. Absolutely no leaking. Still by far my fav atty.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I picked up 2 of the power packs on a super cheap BF sale and am using one as an RDA for my new recipe/flavor tester with the side air barrel. I ran it with top air at first but it was a bit too restrictive for my liking. I really like this little RDA. I have not tried it in RDTA mode with my nautilus x tanks.

@cigatron how do you refill your tanks when in rdta mode? Pull a wick tail?

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I picked up 2 of the power packs on a super cheap BF sale and am using one as an RDA for my new recipe/flavor tester with the side air barrel. I ran it with top air at first but it was a bit too restrictive for my liking. I really like this little RDA. I have not tried it in RDTA mode with my nautilus x tanks.

@cigatron how do you refill your tanks when in rdta mode? Pull a wick tail?

The top cap is indexed into the deck so that you can just unscrew the whole works from the tank.

Reactions: Fozzy71

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
@Fozzy71 , still using your QFs? Whatcha vapn on?
I'm still impressed with the flavor and using both of mine daily. Can't tell any difference in flavor between them and my Goon RDA. Of course the Goon has a bigger build and produces more vapor but still, I haven't found a better DLH flavor tank.
It is still my tester topper in the lab on top of my smy sdna75. I have no complaints about it.

Reactions: cigatron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread