I quit analogs :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I know most everybody here has already done it but its a big deal to me after 47 years of smoking. Last one was 2:00 am last Saturday morning.

I'm surprised at how easy it was to give them up. I've tried all the methods;
- cold turkey - this must be the best method since I've tried to use it so often
- nic gum - barf, just barf, and some more barf
- nic patches - itchy, irritated, wondered if my skin was going to peel
- pills - they work great, no concern or anxiety over quitting, or anything else for that matter, great to get the same meds as those with brain problems and be left a happy little medicated camper

All I did with the vape was order in some 18mg juice then every time a thought about cigs enters my brain I simply suck up 10 or so draws of that 18 mg juice and no more cravings. It's like having chain smoked 3 cigs, the 4th is just not appealing. After vaping that amount of nic even thinking about smoking is not appealing. No problems, no cravings, no struggles, not even will power is needed. Amazing.

Forty seven years of smoking
or 428,875 cigs
or $77,197 (of which about $55,700 were taxes, and they say smokers don't deserve rights, far as I can see they should have spots reserved at the front of the line)
or over 4 years with a cig held between my fingers 24/7

I really have to wonder which part of "health benefits" the FDA dosen't comprehend.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
After vaping that amount of nic even thinking about smoking is not appealing. No problems, no cravings, no struggles, not even will power is needed. Amazing.

Yea, I had to vape through the last few cigs - first one in the morning was the hardest. Love to read these stories...

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Coming up on 4 years vaping soon. Took me a month to transition using 48mg nic. A quick switch to 36 and then a constant slow downward spiral to 3mg now.
37 yeas up in smoke, the last 6 or so years smoking Swisher Sweets Cherry cigars (20 pack) x2 after trying chantix.

Congrats on the switch. You may still get crvings now and then, and you will experience "The Quits" from dropping the smokes, but you can do it!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I know most everybody here has already done it but its a big deal to me after 47 years of smoking. Last one was 2:00 am last Saturday morning.

I'm surprised at how easy it was to give them up. I've tried all the methods;
- cold turkey - this must be the best method since I've tried to use it so often
- nic gum - barf, just barf, and some more barf
- nic patches - itchy, irritated, wondered if my skin was going to peel
- pills - they work great, no concern or anxiety over quitting, or anything else for that matter, great to get the same meds as those with brain problems and be left a happy little medicated camper

All I did with the vape was order in some 18mg juice then every time a thought about cigs enters my brain I simply suck up 10 or so draws of that 18 mg juice and no more cravings. It's like having chain smoked 3 cigs, the 4th is just not appealing. After vaping that amount of nic even thinking about smoking is not appealing. No problems, no cravings, no struggles, not even will power is needed. Amazing.

Forty seven years of smoking
or 428,875 cigs
or $77,197 (of which about $55,700 were taxes, and they say smokers don't deserve rights, far as I can see they should have spots reserved at the front of the line)
or over 4 years with a cig held between my fingers 24/7

I really have to wonder which part of "health benefits" the FDA dosen't comprehend.
Congrats.

I first broke the cigarette hsbit.

Then DIYing Juice i slowly lowered my nicotine level until i went , 0mg nicotine almost 9 months ago.

I still vape 0,mg Juice

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
As the days go by your lungs will feel happier and happier.
Stopping a long term habit like smoking is a HUGE deal.
The longer you vape the more revolting tobacco smoke will become. It gets even easier. And if there ever comes a time you light up again chances are very good you won't like it at all and you'll wonder how/why the hell you did it and liked it for so very long.

It took me over a year to cut out the last 2 or 3/day cigs.
You are doing great Smoke_too_much.
Hold tight to the vape, it'll take you where you wanna go. Cheers.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I've had a chair out the back where I went to smoke, now vape, and since last Friday my opened pack of smokes has sat there beside me, beckoning to me. I've been successful at ignoring it by vaping whenever it calls. My wife squirreled away the remainder of the carton that was inside the house. No idea where she hide it from me and don't care to know. :rickroll:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
image.gif

Almost two years for me. Healthier, cheaper, more choices and I can vape almost anywhere ;) since there is no smell or smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread