Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
While I like that so far I've had no leaking issues, I have found that the top glass tank section turns SUPER easy, that's the section you turn to open/close the juice hole slots. I'm sure a bit of slippery ejuice gets on them, I did try taking the base/build deck off and wiping that threaded area, but it didn't help, almost like that lone washer at the base is too thin. A lot of my newer single coil tanks work almost the same way, but NONE of those spin this easy. If it's on a table and I pick it up by the top tank, it will spin and turn. Just wondering if any Ammit owners are experiencing the same issue?
Thanks!

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Looks like the Ammit will be getting an up-size to either 24 or 25mm. Saw the following on the Geekvape FB page:

ammit24.JPG

darknecrotic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 6, 2014
    Columbia, SC
    www.caraudioinc.com
    I'm having a hard time with dry hits. I'm only using a 70% VG juice too. I've 2mm-3mm coils, hefty coils, lightweight coils. Tons of wick, fluffy, just a little wick.. Even when I get dry hits and I lay it down on it's side it slowly leaves a big juice spot on my pants. (Not like pissing out kinda leaking.)

I think the Chimney is too fat for the glass diameter. It very well could be user error but I've been building for 3 years and consider myself a pretty experienced RTA guy.

Sucks because the first few primed hits it's amazing.

Does anyone know what the hell I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    I'm having a hard time with dry hits. I'm only using a 70% VG juice too. I've 2mm-3mm coils, hefty coils, lightweight coils. Tons of wick, fluffy, just a little wick.. Even when I get dry hits and I lay it down on it's side it slowly leaves a big juice spot on my pants. (Not like pissing out kinda leaking.)

I think the Chimney is too fat for the glass diameter. It very well could be user error but I've been building for 3 years and consider myself a pretty experienced RTA guy.

Sucks because the first few primed hits it's amazing.

Does anyone know what the hell I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
    I have been vaping mine for two weeks and only one dry hit. Closed juice port to fill and forgot to open it. For you make sure you are not packing cotton into the juice hole on the deck. Fluff cotton and gently set it down on the bottom of deck. If you block the juice hole with cotton so you can see it hanging through the juice port it will dry hit. Cut cotton just beside the tank just so wick reaches bottom lightly. CHEERS!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    So far this baby works just fine with my 80VG juice. Ive gone through several tanks and no problems.

My only complaint it the juice flow control turns far too easily and the fill cap is kinda tight. Air flow control is also tight but i run wide open anyway.

I asked other owners about the JFC being loose a few posts above. Since the JFC is basically the TANK, this spinning makes me go back to the Merlin Mini. Once again disappointed no one tests these before selling them to us Beta testers.

Reactions: MMW

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
    Oct 26, 2016
    I am receiving mine today and I was wondering what build I should use on it. Unfortunately, the only wires I have are Alien, 24-gauge, and 26-gauge kanthal, because my friend has the rest of the spools and he's abroad. I mostly vape 70/30 so what would be the best build? I was thinking maybe an Alien 4-wrap 2.5mm coil? And does anyone have a picture of a video of the correct wicking technique in order to avoid dry hits? I currently have Serpent 25 and Merlin Mini RTA tanks and wicking them is a walk in the park.

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
    Oct 26, 2016
    @HDMontana I have not experienced any leaking issues whatsoever with the Ammit, however I have had to rewick it almost on a daily basis because I keep getting dry hits after a short time of vaping. I don't know what I am doing wrong and I have followed so many videos and wicking techniques to no avail. I just recently changed my coil from contact to spaced and rewicked it and it's been working fine for a while now and I hope it lasts!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread