RTS Trivia Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Since everyone seems to enjoy the common bond quizzes, I bring you another. :)

The contest will run through Monday night and the winner will be announced on Tuesday. Good Luck!

1. In Mike Tyson’s Punch Out, Little Mac first faces Glass Joe, then Von Kaiser from Germany, followed by what character who hails from Tokyo, Japan?

2. What card game represents a battle between mighty wizards, known as “planeswalkers”, who employ the spells, items, and fantastic creatures depicted on individual cards to defeat their oppontes?

3. What is the more common name for the enciero that takes place during the San Fermin festival, held every year from July 6-14 in Pamplona, Spain?

4. What is the nickname of Lieutenant Pete Mitchell, played by Tom Cruise in the film Top Gun?

5. What broadcaster who has been married 8 times to 7 women, broadcasted ther final show on December 16th 2010?

6. What term can be used to describe a type of ship built in New England in the 19th century, an infamous 1938 hurricane, the Apollo 12 command module, as well as a nickname for Joe Dimaggio?

7. What is the code name of Major General Clayton M. Abernathy, the original field commander of the G.I. Joe Team?

8. What guitarist co-founded the alternative rock band R.E.M. before moving on to side projects such as The Minus 5?

9. What comedian played the role of Zed in Police Academy 2, 3, and 4. Shakes the Clown in the film Shakes the Clown and did the voice of Mr. Floppy in the TV show Unhappily Ever After?

10. What is the common Bond for this Quiz?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Congrats DC99!! and thanks so much VC for another great contest!

So, where are the answers? I don't follow this thread to compete. I follow because it's fun to see the answers!
We never have posted em, least not as long as I've been playing, but that would be kinda fun.

Reactions: TheTinMan

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
See post #456, seems this was the last contest that the answers were posted.
I got a bit confused with the overlap of good luck and congrats and missed a few posts in the mix.

I know. Excuses, excuses.

Thank you, oplholik, for straightening me out!

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Sorry everyone, I totally dropped the ball on posting the answers to the last trivia.:(

Here they are!!!

1. In Mike Tyson’s Punch Out, Little Mac first faces Glass Joe, then Von Kaiser from Germany, followed by what character who hails from Tokyo, Japan?
a. Piston Honda

2. What card game represents a battle between mighty wizards, known as “planeswalkers”, who employ the spells, items, and fantastic creatures depicted on individual cards to defeat their oppontes?
a. Magic

3. What is the more common name for the enciero that takes place during the San Fermin festival, held every year from July 6-14 in Pamplona, Spain?
a. Running of the Bulls

4. What is the nickname of Lieutenant Pete Mitchell, played by Tom Cruise in the film Top Gun?
a. Maverick

5. What broadcaster who has been married 8 times to 7 women, broadcasted ther final show on December 16th 2010?
a. Larry King

6. What term can be used to describe a type of ship built in New England in the 19th century, an infamous 1938 hurricane, the Apollo 12 command module, as well as a nickname for Joe Dimaggio?
a. Yankee Clipper

7. What is the code name of Major General Clayton M. Abernathy, the original field commander of the G.I. Joe Team?
a. Hawk

8. What guitarist co-founded the alternative rock band R.E.M. before moving on to side projects such as The Minus 5?
a. Peter Buck

9. What comedian played the role of Zed in Police Academy 2, 3, and 4. Shakes the Clown in the film Shakes the Clown and did the voice of Mr. Floppy in the TV show Unhappily Ever After?
a. Bobcat Goldthwait

10. What is the common Bond for this Quiz?
a. The common Bond is NBA basketball teams (Detroit Pistons, Orlando Magic, Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Sacramento Kings, Los Angeles Clippers, Atlanta Hawks, Milwaukee Bucks, Charlotte Bobcats)

Reactions: 440BB

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
I also come bearing new trivia. This contest will end Sunday night and the winner will be announced on Monday. I hope everyone enjoys, I found this one to be very interesting.

Good Luck everyone!

1. Who invented the guillotine?

2. Who invented the printing press, or movable type?

3. Who started the first fire department in the United States?

4. What people invented kilts?

5. What was the first invention to go faster than sound (in air)?

6. Who invented the forward pass in football?

7. Which nation invented champagne?

8. What nation or culture produced the equal sign in mathematics?

9. Where was table tennis invented?

10. In what country was the Sudoku puzzle invented?

11. What people first developed the potato?

12. What decade was the bikini invented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread