Wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Hey guys, so I've been playing around with the wattage on my mod. When I got it three days ago I had it on 22.5 but today Ive got it down to 18.5 I feel like I get a cooler hit at that wattage which I prefer. Also less of a throat hit which I also like better. What are your thoughts on this?? Too low? What do you guys have your wattage at?? Thanks!

Dumbing it down a bit here.

You have two people with identical mods/tanks, identical juice flavor/nic level. User A vapes at 35watts, as they like a warmer vape and harder throat hit, User B vapes the same device and juice at 22watts, as they like a cooler vape and less throat hit. There is no one all do all silver bullet set of settings in vaping, there are baselines and guidelines, that is it, thus why a lot of these more recent coil heads have a wattage range of operation, a low number and a high number (aka baselines), no two users will be alike in what their flavor pallete likes. Guidelines are simple, prime your coil/coil head properly, bottom fill tank fill it up and assemble, top fill tank assemble and fill it up, let it sit for about 5-15minutes to let it soak in juice further, after that set the watts low, in you case maybe 12 to 15 watts on your coil head, in short 2 to 5 second pulls start using the device, after 15 to 20 minutes of continuous use, up the wattage a notch, sit there another 15 to 20 minutes, up the wattage another notch, rinse and repeat, stop this ramp up once you reach your nirvana level, careful here, once you start getting a scratchy or starting to get dry hit, back the wattage down a notch or two, this will be the operating sweet spot for that coil and "Your" flavor pallete, if you get a scorched hit gone to far and burnt the wicking, replace the coil.

A bump down from 22.5watts to 18.5watts is not uncommon, especially on a 1.0+ohm coil resistance which average has an operating range of 7 to about 25watts depending on the airflow, you are right in the middle, nothing wrong with that, vaping is safely do your own thing, don't worry about what others are doing, it is your taste pallete that needs attention, "Not" theirs.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Awesome. Thank you guys so much. Im still getting trying to get the hang of all the technicalities of it. But 1.09 ohms with 18.5 w is what i feel is best for me. Air flow about a quarter of the way open. Tastes great. Big clouds and not too harsh of a throat hit.

Vaping is about what you like best.. all the settings are so we can find our own individual perfect vape.. where your happy, is where you need to be..

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I honestly have no idea. It's said 222F since I got it. It's always on that temp. No matter what wattage I have it at.
I can't find much info on your device, but it looks like you hold the UP and DOWN buttons simultaneously to switch between wattage and temp. control mode. Not sure how you tell which one its in currently as they're both displayed on-screen in both modes but hopefully you can tell when you change it.

It only has TC support for Ni200 (pure nickel) wire; some newer mods can do temp. control with titanium or stainless steel but not this one. So you should use TC mode only with nickel wire and, likewise, use nickel wire only in TC mode. In wattage mode you can use Kanthal (what you probably have, but you should really find out for sure), NiChrome, or SS.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Alright. Im not sure what coils my brother uses but he told me he could replace them whenever i felt the need to. I know some peopl keep their wattage at 32 or more but that seems overkill to me .
Welcome and glad you joined. Might want to try the search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "how to tell when to change coils". ECF has provided a great library of solutions to most general questions, it's all a matter of finding the right wording and spending some time to read.

Reactions: Meinxerces

Meinxerces

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2017
Colorado
Welcome and glad you joined. Might want to try the search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "how to tell when to change coils". ECF has provided a great library of solutions to most general questions, it's all a matter of finding the right wording and spending some time to read.
Awesome, thank you!

Reactions: BrotherBob

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
My brother in law replaced the coil and the cotton before gifting it to me. He said it should last me a bit. How often are you guys replacing these things??

In answering your question bwh79 didn't mention how to tell when a coil should be replaced. He is correct in what he said that some juices gunk the coil/wick up much quicker than others. When a coil gets gunked up the taste starts to decline as the gunk just keeps reheating and soon starts to add its own less than desirable flavor. It is a slow steady change in flavor and often goes for a while unnoticed. Then one day you realize the flavor is not what it once was and finally get around to changing the coil.

Reactions: Meinxerces
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread