Vaped at Wattage mode with Ni coils for around 2 weeks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiktsu

Jul 3, 2019
Nicaragua
I'm pretty scared, I didn't know anything about it, thanks to you all guys which by the way you all have been Amazing! I just realized that vaping in Wattage mode with Ni coil is dangerous af

Im been vaping like that for around 2 weeks at a wattage of 21W, however, so far Ive been feeling good but Im scared because of the amount of time and that I have vaped A LOT these last 2 weeks but always at 21W, any advice? Has any of you guys done something similar?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
My only advice would be to stop doing that. Is there any harm you should he worried about? Hard to say as most of the danger is theoretical, but I wouldn't use that as any reason to continue.

I doubt you took in enough Ni to be concerned about, but if you feel really freaked maybe talking to your doctor is your best bet. Hard to say what would be recommended if you're feeling ok, but maybe a medical assurance will heal more than some faceless forum poster.

These are Ni200 TC coils right? Not Ni80 also called Nichrome. Important as Nichrome us fine in wattage mode.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Thank you, Yes I will definitely stop vaping like this, I did it because this Evic VT I got doesn't work in T.C it always stop working, so I did it in wattage mode which I always felt nice but never knew that the Ni200 was dangerous in that mode.

I'm not a doctor, nor play one on TV.

As stated, if you're concerned, seek one.

My. OPINION,. Is that you'll be fine. That's just an OPINION.

I'm pretty sure your hardware can run aftermarket firmware, such as MyEvic or arctic fox. Both can do amazing things in TC mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keiktsu

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thank you, Yes I will definitely stop vaping like this, I did it because this Evic VT I got doesn't work in T.C it always stop working, so I did it in wattage mode which I always felt nice but never knew that the Ni200 was dangerous in that mode.

Well, live and learn. If it were me I wouldn't be totally freaked just really ...... at myself for not paying attention. I'd consider getting SS coils if you can for your tank (these are drop in coils, not built yourself on an rta right?). The advantage is SS works in both TC and VW mode so no worries on confusion of what you're using.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
so I did it in wattage mode which I always felt nice but never knew that the Ni200 was dangerous in that mode.
Welcome and glad you joined.
27 watts way safer than some of the ultra sub ohm setting watt requirements, you have the right idea and should be all right with just plain old Kanthal A1 (FeCrAl alloy) at VW. Note, Kanthal coils are said to produce more clouds.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch again :)

You'll likely be fine at the low wattage you were using. The Ni 200 metal is dangerous only when it oxidises. The oxide forms as a white coating on the surface and it is this powdery substance that can be dangerous when inhaled. The coil has to get very hot to start forming the oxide though.....I can't remember the exact temp :)

Check your coils...do they show any oxidation?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Welcome to the friendly bunch again :)

You'll likely be fine at the low wattage you were using. The Ni 200 metal is dangerous only when it oxidises. The oxide forms as a white coating on the surface and it is this powdery substance that can be dangerous when inhaled. The coil has to get very hot to start forming the oxide though.....I can't remember the exact temp :)

Check your coils...do they show any oxidation?
Ti forms the white powder which is Titanium dioxide, Ni200 does not do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread