Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
But again, real acne caused by food doesn't give you burnt skin and leaks of lymph when you come out of the shower transforming to yellow scabs. It is allergy yes, but caused by a chemical product. And then, the many normal looking spots around I believe are the consequence of the irritation in the first place. That was and still is my belief.

That's not acne and not any kind of chemical burn I've ever seen and I've seen a lot. Sound more like shingles to me and if your getting that kind of reaction you better get it tested to find out exactly what it is. That kind of rash is more likely viral or bacterial and what you call lymph should be tested.

Reactions: RainSong

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Never had any skin issues meself, so far.
Humans can have or develope allergies/hypersensitivity/adverse reactions to just about anything.
Seven+ billion folks on this planet means seven+ billion variances in metabolism and thus 7+ bn ways to react.
After all, PG and VG is in almost every brand and type of skin care product.
Plus a good percentage of processed food as well.
As more and more people take up vaping I'd be more surprised if there weren't any cases at all.
The numbers appear to be small though.
Lucky for vaping as a whole, quite unfortunate for vapers or would-like-to-be vapers who will have to look for alternate ways to get off the tobacco.

Well, one could always try PEG400 liquids...

Nicola88

Feb 8, 2017
Interestingly my back 'acne' was diagnsosed as pityrosporum folliculitus which resolved with nizoral and smoking real fags. Stayed clear when i stopped nicotine completley and started both times 7 months after i started vaping. Bit of a coinsidence. Anyways i quit smoking and started vaping again and my skin is horrendous! Im breaking out everywhere its like im allergic to my own bodily fluids. Weird. Im actually bad enough now im going to be starting accutane on 19th May. Sad this .... happened. Oh ive stopped the vape again yesterday. A little to late. Should have listened to my body back in october that something was noy right.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Interestingly my back 'acne' was diagnsosed as pityrosporum folliculitus which resolved with nizoral and smoking real fags. Stayed clear when i stopped nicotine completley and started both times 7 months after i started vaping. Bit of a coinsidence. Anyways i quit smoking and started vaping again and my skin is horrendous! Im breaking out everywhere its like im allergic to my own bodily fluids. Weird. Im actually bad enough now im going to be starting accutane on 19th May. Sad this .... happened. Oh ive stopped the vape again yesterday. A little to late. Should have listened to my body back in october that something was noy right.

I think you should Quit Smoking and Stop Vaping Nicotine.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali

That's all it is at this point is a coincidence. An interesting one but a coincidence none the less. Many things can cause your particular folliculitis from chemicals on new clothes, laundry soap, lotion and body washes to microbes in the local swimming hole and just plain sweating.

What makes your claim suspect to me is the time from start to reaction. 7 months is a long time for a reaction to occur. Have you made any effort to test other things you do/use or have you just focused on vaping? All of the ingredients in liquid are in cosmetics to except the nic.

Nicola88

Feb 8, 2017
Hello. While i take into account to what your saying i am a creature of habbit and use the same shower gels and laundry detergent etc the whole time because i did think about all that. It is weird your right but vaping was the only consistant that i narrowed it down to. When i quit for 2 weeks things calmed down but i stupidly vaped again and it all exploded. I think sometimes it takes awhile to notice your body is not happy. Lets face it an alcoholic takes awhile to get liver disease and a ....... addict doesnt experience nose bleeds on first use. Its a slow decline. I had other symptoms from vaping too like feeling anxious, tired and generally fatigued for a long time which again all got progressively worse and didnt show up for a long time all of which resolved when i stopped vaping. Listen, this is my personal experience. My mum vapes and loves it and suits her really well so im not knocking it. But like all things new on the market, it takes a while before people report side effects and not everyone gets them. Peace.

Reactions: unIGIon

Nicola88

Feb 8, 2017
Also there is now research showing vaping effect on the immune system and something about it effecting 150ish? genes and tabacco effecting 50ish? genes but they dont know why. Cant remember exact numbers.

Acne and folliculitus is an inflammation of the skin which cant happen without the immune system. We all have acne bacteria and yeast but some people dont react to it. Turn on right genes and it does.

Interesting anyways.

Reactions: unIGIon

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Also there is now research showing vaping effect on the immune system and something about it effecting 150ish? genes and tabacco effecting 50ish? genes but they dont know why. Cant remember exact numbers.

Acne and folliculitus is an inflammation of the skin which cant happen without the immune system. We all have acne bacteria and yeast but some people dont react to it. Turn on right genes and it does.

Interesting anyways.

Yes it is. Got a link to that research by chance? I'm curious to see what ingredient might be the culprit and I'm leaning toward vg and it's sugar content or a sweetener. I'd hate to ask you to be a guinea pig though. You try various blends at all? You don't mention too many details.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I get this now and it wasn't as bad before I started using low resistance. It is much milder when I use unflavored juice so it's either sugars or the miniscule amount of pg in the flavoring. It sucks. I enjoy vaping but getting painful undergrounder sucks too.
I deal with it cause if I didn't I'd be smoking.

Vg has a lot of natural sugar. I'd reverse your mix and see what happens. Pg has been in use for over 50 years and has no link to skin issues. Vg and pg also help detox cells so it's possible the acne is some kind of viral toxins being pushed out. Have to analyze the discharge to find out though and that gets expensive

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
My bloodwork came back normal, actually the best I've seen in years. Anyway was just googling sucralose and apparently some people have reported it causes breakouts and in some cases cystic acne. Now I've got to go through all my diy flavors and figure out if any of them are full of the stuff.

Most of the sugar substitutes have cause some sort of medical issue so this doesn't surprise me. I'm not diy-ing yet but one thinking sugar cane juice might work well.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I am one for whom sucralose cause breakouts but, not the bit in vape juice if that's the only place I use it. Now were I to replace sugar with Splenda in baking and beverages, yes, I'd have major breakouts but, the bit in sweet juice is fine as long as that's all the sucralose I use - vaping is different than eating it.

Traka

Moved On
May 26, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread