Replacement for Bloog carts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerCam

Oct 2, 2016
My 1st post. Hello everyone. I've been a member here for about 5 years or there-a-bouts. Also smoked my last cig on January 1st 2013 and started vaping my Bloog KR808d the same day. But that's another story.

I have been trying to find cartos that perform as well for me as the Bloogs. No luck. From what I have researched on here, I have tried standard and low resistance Halo's and Smokeless Image's Volt and some others. Nothing has even came close. Strangely enough, a friend that I got started vaping on Bloogs has made the switch to Halo cartos and claims he can tell no difference, yet I get no flavor and hardly any throat hit that I crave. Is the Bloog Cartomizer special in some fashion I don't understand ??

The LR cartos I tried from Halo were certainly hotter which seemed to kinda' give a more roasted taste that wasn't satisfying at all. The regular cartos were pretty much dead. I tried several cartos of each brand to be sure I just didn't get the occasional dud. We both use Halo for our batteries and chargers. He smokes regular tobacco flavors and I smoke menthol. Thanks to this wonderful forum, I discovered Arctic Wolf menthol juice sold by Vapor God. I mix 38.5% with 38.5% of their Menthol and 23% of their Fire Hots. All flavors are at 36mg.

From reading this Forum, it's obvious that what people get from different equipment is certainly subjective. I also realize that the cig-a-likes are old hat, but I prefer to remain with them because the mods certainly don't fit well with the culture I live in- and the 510 style is too heavy to hold in my teeth as I work with both hands (a bad habit I've formed over 47 years of cigs/ecigs. And my 2 purchases of 510s were a very messy experience because of leaking tanks or my inexperience with them a couple years ago. (But WOW! They sure put out great taste!)

If I could find a carto that performs like the Bloog did for me would be my easiest solution. Has the leaking tank problem gone away on the 510s ? I could learn to live with those perhaps.

Is there a solution for me ? What was special about the Bloog cartos ??

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
When I used cartomizers my favorites were Bloog's. I had used V4L's and Kanger's but I liked Bloog the best. Unfortunately, I don't have a recommendation for you as I switched to RBAs a long time ago to avoid spending money on disposable atomizers that might not be available in the future. If you like the Bloog cartomizers then I think you should stick with them. As you said, what people get from different equipment is certainly subjective.

FarmerCam

Oct 2, 2016
When I used cartomizers my favorites were Bloog's. I had used V4L's and Kanger's but I liked Bloog the best. Unfortunately, I don't have a recommendation for you as I switched to RBAs a long time ago to avoid spending money on disposable atomizers that might not be available in the future. If you like the Bloog cartomizers then I think you should stick with them. As you said, what people get from different equipment is certainly subjective.

Thank you for your reply. My problem is Bloog went out of business 2 or 3 years ago and my stock of carts has run out.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Halo is one of the few companies left that are still making cartomizers and there may come a time in the very near future where you may not be able to get them at all.

As a possible alternative, keep an eye on this forum: Vape Pod Systems

There are auto fire pod systems that may meet your requirements for being "hands free". The tech is still "young" and some of the devices are not quite ready for prime time, but you may find something that you can use.

Reactions: 10x sugar

FarmerCam

Oct 2, 2016
Halo is one of the few companies left that are still making cartomizers and there may come a time in the very near future where you may not be able to get them at all.

As a possible alternative, keep an eye on this forum: Vape Pod Systems

There are auto fire pod systems that may meet your requirements for being "hands free". The tech is still "young" and some of the devices are not quite ready for prime time, but you may find something that you can use.
Thank you for the direction.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I started on cartos too, but have long since gone to an RTA system. I like having a tank and cartos were becoming impossible to get. Pods didn't appeal to me for lack of DIY use and, cost of the pods here - few places will even ship here because of the laws of my state. Pretty much have to use what I can get at the vape shop 30 miles form me and, there one pod is 15.00 - too much.

I think it's time you visit a shop and check out other options that don't use cartos.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread