Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi troops!

I have recently rekindled my interest in building an e-pipe mech mod. I would be grateful for anyone's recommendation for a tank smaller in diameter than 22mm. My preferred specs are: single coil, as I intend a 350 battery; at least 2ml capacity, more is better; air-over-vacuum bottom coil design, not looking for a Genny. I can go with either pyrex/quartz, or a stainless barrel.

TIA...

EDIT: I also need enough air for Direct Lung...

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
I used to really enjoy the Kayfun Minin2.1 ES on my ePipe. In long mode, the pipe feels like a churchwarden.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Does it have enough air for direct lung? I should have added that above, and will. I am not a MTL kinda guy...

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Nope... it's a Kayfun, pure and simple...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
S'what I thought. I saw the KF5, when it came out, and it was advertised as a Dl tank. So I bought a clone before dropping the bucks on a SvoeMaesto, and also got the "high volume" air pin. Installed it, built it, vaped it and nearly turned myself inside out trying to get any air through it :)

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Are you familiar with the eGo ONE V1 tank? I think the "ironclad" look would go great on a pipe. Standard eGo ONE is 19mm 2ml . I use the Mega which is 22mm 4ml . With the 350 battery I assume you would be building higher ohm. With my 1.5Ω builds there is still plenty of airflow for my DL style with the CLR rebiuldable coils. The CLRs are like the old Kanger coils on steroids. Unless you're an RTA purist they really are a fine coil and designed specifically for rebuilding unlike the Kangers. You'd want to start with .5Ω 'big air' coil and build it to your spec. Attached is a pic of one if my 22mm MEGAs just to show you the look but there are a bunch of tanks in different styles and sizes that can accept the coil. If curious you could ask in the eGo ONE thread. Folks there will know where to get the best deal on any of the different styles/sizes.

2017-02-25_18.17.57.jpg

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Hey @suprtrkr... I tell you what.... I haven't used that Big Buddha Mini for over a year nor my Smok e-pipe. I have the original boxes and everything except I don't think I have the original 510 drip tip. If you're interested in trying them, I will mail both of them to you this Saturday. I'd rather they get some use then collect dust.

PM me your address!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Hey @suprtrkr... I tell you what.... I haven't used that Big Buddha Mini for over a year nor my Smok e-pipe. I have the original boxes and everything except I don't think I have the original 510 drip tip. If you're interested in trying them, I will mail both of them to you this Saturday. I'd rather they get some use then collect dust.

PM me your address!

Wow, seriously? It's a deal. PM coming.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
It's in the mail suprtrkr! I pm'd you the tracking info. I imagine you might be in the path of the hurricane so stay safe and I hope you get the padded envelope ok!

Thanks, my friend. Not to worry about the storm, or at least not for me; it'll be bad enough on the coast, likely, as I know from decades of personal experience. I'll probably see some rain slop off the Northern edges tomorrow, but I am a couple hundred miles from the epicenter, what with Texas being a bigish place and all.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
I wish I could help but maybe my buddy @Sludge Van Diesel will be able to help you out @suprtrkr ~! You have always been there when I needed some knowledge! Good Luck
My go to tank for smaller diameter is Nautilus Mini (19mm). You could get a restricted lung hit with the airflow fully open I guess, but it does have the advantage of being able to take the Nautilus 2 0.7Ω coils, which should give it a boost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread