$100, that is my budget for a Mod e-cig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HybridCypher

Oct 23, 2013
NYC
I am currently using a normal Volcano inferno ecig, and want to step up my game and enter into the mod and rba scene. Right now I have my eyes set on the Vicious Ant Valkyrie(Hybrid Mod), but I they are currently sold out and are waiting for the next shippment. So as I a patiently waiting I want to get a cheap Mod package to practice my rba skills. I am looking for a Mechanical(preferred) or VV Mod, with a battery, and rba for $100.

This is currently what I have come up with.

-Chi You clone, theres a couple options, which would be best? $27.00 Chi-you Style Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - stainless steel / with telescopic pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

-Trident RBA clone Trident Clone - Kidney Puncher

-And, Im not sure which battery.

Please leave any notes or suggestions. Im a noob at this, and really want to get it right the first time.

Also, any reading material or diy would be nice.

Thanks guys,

You friendly cypher,
Mat

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
if your going to fasttech might as well get the trident there as well, it is half the price of kidneypuncher.

if it were me i would get the new brass nemesis from fasttech or the regular if out of stock the one you mentioned.
then the trident, the original V5 or yk1(cyclone) and probably one of the genesis attys.

personally i think its better to get a mod and some atty's before a hybrid. as the hybrid is one use only and I found even though I love my attys I dont love vaping the same one 24/7 and its nice to switch things up

I dont know if FT is still having shipping problems with batteries but the panasonic 2900 PD/PF is an excellent battery
if not there then RTD for the panny 2900 or 2250 hybrid or AW 2000. preetty much the only 3 i use. i run a .7 to 1 ohm range on my mechanicals

as for reading material the APV and RBA subforums.

Last edited:

HybridCypher

Oct 23, 2013
NYC
if your going to fasttech might as well get the trident there as well, it is half the price of kidneypuncher.

if it were me i would get the new brass nemesis from fasttech or the regular if out of stock the one you mentioned.
then the trident, the original V5 or yk1(cyclone) and probably one of the genesis attys.

personally i think its better to get a mod and some atty's before a hybrid. as the hybrid is one use only and I found even though I love my attys I dont love vaping the same one 24/7 and its nice to switch things up

I dont know if FT is still having shipping problems with batteries but the panasonic 2900 PD/PF is an excellent battery
if not there then RTD for the panny 2900 or 2250 hybrid or AW 2000. preetty much the only 3 i use. i run a .7 to 1 ohm range on my mechanicals

as for reading material the APV and RBA subforums.

Thanks for the advice. Whats would you say the pros and cons would be between the chi-you and the nemeisis? Now im looking into that one too. How is the shipping? if free, how long would it take? or is there a option for 2-5 days shipping?

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i dont know what they offer for shipping I usually took the free shipping and just forgot about it , usually around 2 weeks in the past sometimes less. check the fasttech thread in general discussion to see whats up with china shipping these days. I know you cant post there yet but you can still see whats up with FT lately

I dont have any clones so I cannot offer real world comparisons, but from all over the forums people claim the nemi clone is pretty spot on.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Good choices I'm looking at getting one of those mods as well this week and shipping from the us. The chiyou and nemesis have multiple clones out right now, by different company's - ehpro, hcigar, tobecco maybe. I'm still trying to dicipher what one is the best value. I may go magneto but a little pricier. I would like the 30 -40 range.

HybridCypher

Oct 23, 2013
NYC
Good choices I'm looking at getting one of those mods as well this week and shipping from the us. The chiyou and nemesis have multiple clones out right now, by different company's - ehpro, hcigar, tobecco maybe. I'm still trying to dicipher what one is the best value. I may go magneto but a little pricier. I would like the 30 -40 range.

What battery / charger are you going with the setup? And what atomizer?

I would recommend buying batteries somewhere else. Just to be safe. I do have a couple Protected batteries from fasttech and have not had any problems with them but for some reason I feel a little uneasy using them. You'd really only save a couple bucks per battery ordering from there anyways and the customer service is pretty terrible.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
You might want to check Vapor Joe's blog everyday. He has been posting deal on mechanicals more than any other devices recently (altough not today, of course, since I'm posting a link). Scroll back a couple of pages to see some other products.

http://.........blogspot.com/

This is another site worth browsing, although they don't always have the best prices on things. I also don't think they link to FastTech.

http://www.pennyvaper.com/category/6/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread