2 Mod's broken, battery almost blew (ruined it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Cunningham

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
North Carolina, USA
The Kamry 1000 Pipe model isn't making a connection. Another thing is I tested the ohms and it was 2.6 when it only takes 18350 batteries... I've tried everything, other tanks on it, etc and nothing. It even broke my Iclear30 screwing it on to try and test that.

Also the Sentinel M16 https://www.fasttech.com/p/1425200 almost blew up on me. It worked fine for a few days with an 18500, but then I tried an 18650 (Sony 5, 30amp) and when I screwed it on, even with the protection screw at the right place it kept the battery on and got very hot and I unscrewed it when I felt the unit getting VERY hot, the battery now doesn't work. I tried it again with other batteries (18350 and 18500's) and it's heating them up too. It just won't stay off. I mean the Kamry 100 never did that with the protection on (or off in my pocket).

I have the tree of life clone but now I'm afraid to test it out after the Sentinel almost blew up.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

The Kamry 1000 is authentic and came from ebay, but from fasttech this is the 2nd mod that's broken and it was a hassle trying to get the Vamo replaced or money returned so I'm not going to bother with this since it was only $14.26.

I guess you get what you pay for (considering the SVD, but the $25 K100 has been the best for the price, and the pen mods work awesome with the iclear 16's)

I've been through around 15 mods now and the only ones i'm using now are 2 ego pen mods (one VV, one not), the Innokin SVD, and the Kamry 100 (it's a little bent at the top but still works great).

I love the SVD for home use, it's has zero problems and works the best, 2nd the Kamry; it's been the most used, then the 2 pen mods I use for my iclear 16's (and the new Kanger Evod Glass tank is working well on the Kamry100 - https://www.fasttech.com/p/1681006)

Just wanted to point these things out as I probably have given a good review on that K1000 before. The tank is poor quality and the piece that you have to connect from the tank to the battery is either cheap, or I screwed it on too tight and ruined the threading on the main part since no tank is working on it.

Last edited:

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
I think you should stick to regulated mods.

Mechanical mods require you to know and understand electronic theory and be able to apply it in order to use them safely.

Not being snarky or trying to talk down to you but... The worst way to find a short circuit is to put in another battery and short that battery too.

Stick with devices that provide short circuit protection and all other important protections unless you are willing to learn how to use a unprotected device safely.

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I think you should stick to regulated mods.

Yes.

I'm sorry if this is insulting, but you don't know enough to be safe with unregulated mods..sadly, it seems like many new vapers are being pushed towards mechanicals. Ohm's law and basic electrical theory is a necessity to use a mechanical properly..

But on to the issue... are you just using stock coils on your mods?

Also with the sentinel, does it auto-fire as soon as you screw on atty/put battery in mod?

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
The Kamry 1000 Pipe model isn't making a connection. Another thing is I tested the ohms and it was 2.6 when it only takes 18350 batteries... I've tried everything, other tanks on it, etc and nothing. It even broke my Iclear30 screwing it on to try and test that.

Also the Sentinel M16 https://www.fasttech.com/p/1425200 almost blew up on me. It worked fine for a few days with an 18500, but then I tried an 18650 (Sony 5, 30amp) and when I screwed it on, even with the protection screw at the right place it kept the battery on and got very hot and I unscrewed it when I felt the unit getting VERY hot, the battery now doesn't work. I tried it again with other batteries (18350 and 18500's) and it's heating them up too. It just won't stay off. I mean the Kamry 100 never did that with the protection on (or off in my pocket).

I have the tree of life clone but now I'm afraid to test it out after the Sentinel almost blew up.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

The Kamry 1000 is authentic and came from ebay, but from Fasttech this is the 2nd mod that's broken and it was a hassle trying to get the Vamo replaced or money returned so I'm not going to bother with this since it was only $14.26.

I guess you get what you pay for (considering the SVD, but the $25 K100 has been the best for the price, and the pen mods work awesome with the iclear 16's)

I've been through around 15 mods now and the only ones i'm using now are 2 ego pen mods (one VV, one not), the Innokin SVD, and the Kamry 100 (it's a little bent at the top but still works great).

I love the SVD for home use, it's has zero problems and works the best, 2nd the Kamry; it's been the most used, then the 2 pen mods I use for my iclear 16's (and the new Kanger Evod Glass tank is working well on the Kamry100 - https://www.fasttech.com/p/1681006)

Just wanted to point these things out as I probably have given a good review on that K1000 before. The tank is poor quality and the piece that you have to connect from the tank to the battery is either cheap, or I screwed it on too tight and ruined the threading on the main part since no tank is working on it.

Is the o-ring still seated/present in the button on the M16?

If not there's a REALLY good chance the mod will auto-fire. 4th pic on FT shows the button with the o-ring in place.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
:facepalm: Difference between knowing a Mod works and knowing how to work on a Mod IS BIG and actually important is you want to enjoy your purchases.

Fact - Mod is shorting
Fact - You have no Idea why
Fact you keep trying more batteries - like it will magically be different
Fact, you need to put the Mods up until you understand how they work and what to check when they don't. :blink:

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I have a k1000 and was one of the first in the US to get one. Ive never had one issue with it. Even the stock vivi nkva type clearo works great and Ive rebuilt the coil many times without one short. If your atties dont make connection then you dont know how to use the collar on the 510 connection properly, or if it doesnt fire at all you likely shorted out the wire inside to the 510 contact. For that there is no fix. Do not run anything under 1.2ohms on it. Ive gone as low as 1ohm but I know what Im doing, and that was just a safety test. So I knew how much that wire could really handle.

I also have the brass m16 and its my most trusted mod. Ive even upgraded the button with magnets. Have you taken apart your button to bother and check if your spring collapsed THE FIRST time you shorted out? If not, then that is likely why you keep doing so. As well the black circle delrin piece should be in place on the button. This keeps the battery from making contact with the metal of the bottom cap until you fire the mod.

Look I know maybe you wanna understand mechs but you need to crawl before you can walk. Everything you are having problems with is user error and.lack of education, not a manufacturing issue, or a vendor problem. Read first, undertsand batteries, how mechs work and are maintained, and then use them. Always be aware of your mod's limits. Put the toys away and stick to vamos and egos till you know more or you will get hurt.

Last edited:

Will Cunningham

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I know I would look like an idiot starting this post and I won't use anymore mech mods. But my point is people buy these things with no knowledge of the risks. I had no idea, I thought it was just like a flashlight. I didn't receive any warning or a fuse for protection. I got a 30 watt sony battery because I read they were the safest batteries and and figured if I hadn't heard of any problems then the best battery should be fine.

I mean who buys a Maglight and studies it before using?

All I'm saying is there are a lot of vapers with lower IQ's than mine not aware of the dangers and don't use forums like this to learn and these are the things that will end up causing the Feds to ban all e-cigs except for ones like Blu cigs. I learned how work re-buildables on my k100 before this even happened so I thought I knew all the safety I needed to know at that level.

I don't care what anyone else thinks of me. I won't use any mech mod anymore; my only purpose is to bring awareness to this problem so it can hopefully be fixed before they all get banned. I mean at the least there should be a warning sticker on a mech mod with a fuse included.

Who studies flashlights extensively before buying one? Does anyone feel the need to go in depth for all the possible risks before buying a flashlight and the batteries in it? No, we know that flashlights are safe, it's not worth the time to study something that has already been tested to be safe. Yes, mods are new, but I've used batteries all my life and never has one blown up on me.

I'm just pointing out the logic to help keep the e-cig scene going. There are a lot of people dumber than me.

I still love and use daily my SVD and a few pen mods I re-fill but now I wonder. Is any of this safe? I feel like people expect me to have a Master's in Vaping to use one. At least say on the FT $15 mech mod packages say "please study mechanical mod's before using them, danger of battery damage if used improperly" on the label.

Who here has used a mech mod without fully knowing ALL of the risks and dangers?

Buffalo, send me shipping paypal and you can have the brass Sentinel and the Tree of Life set (unused). I have about $75 worth of stuff I'm throwing away and sticking with VV. I just didn't know I had to be an expert to use a mech mod, no one ever told me until I bought one and it blew/"popped" on me. And I'm not against anyone who understands them to use them either. It's just the market has too much of these things being shipped to people (idiots like me) using them without knowing the risks. Maybe it's just the fake sentinal I got, idk, but this is how .... gets banned by the government; right or wrong. Too many idiots to be sending hand grenades too without a warning label. If this happened to me, and I've seen it happen on other blogs to people, it's going to happen more and more and that's the ammunition the Feds and big Tobacco to take it all off the market except what Marlboro and Friends make in an e-cig replica like Blu.

Last edited:

Will Cunningham

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I am very anti-tobacco. I posted articles about how they add 600+ chemicals to tobacco and that's why nicotine patches and gum rarely work. It's not the nicotine that's so addictive. I've done my research on that and admit I didn't do enough before going into mech mods. With Aspergers I get very obsessed with things and I collected many mods and never heard of any problems. And part of the Aspergers diagnosis is you must have an IQ above the 75th percentile of the average US citizen.

I'm going to go ahead and stop posting on this site. I don't see nicotine much different than caffeine. It's what they change the chemical profile of nicotine and how they spray so many other chemicals not even tested by the FDA, that's the problem.

All I'm saying is this will be one of the big reasons all of this will be banned. There are no safety regulations and that's an easy kill for pro-tobacco. And I have 2 friends I've explained about mod safety and they had mech mods and had no idea of any safety risk. And that's just me and 2 vaping friends. So logically someone is going to get hurt, and that's all it takes to ban something completely. And maybe the battery will just burn out without any explosion but you know how the media can portray things to get what it wants (what the ones who control the media wants).

I love you guys and hope you all continue to vape safely without the government screwing it all up. I'm proud to have quit tobacco and all the chemicals in it through vaping,

Will

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
No reason to ditch the stuff. Just do some reading right here on ECF. The reason for such strongly worded replies is the danger of running a mech mod without performing your due diligence. I've yet to purchase a mech mod but I've read hours of material on the subject and am 100% confident that I could safely run a mech mod and RDA/RTA.

Start with the blogs/posts from our fellow ECF members:

E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...x/5403-advanced-education-mech-rba-users.html

It's really not as complicated as it may seem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread